Monday, June 4, 2018

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, ohhhhhh I know I write this all the time, but I am so far behind in this!  I may never catch up. I honestly am second thoughts about keeping this thing up because it stresses me out when I am so behind and it is very time consuming when you are always trying to catch up.  And, I am ALWAYS behind!  When a big event happens where I take lots of photos, that is when I start to go under.  I still haven't done my last vacays to Alaska or Hawaii and the ones before that or my family Boston trip!  Sigh....  And in all reality, WHO is ever going to care?  I spent SO much time recording the daily lives of my boys from birth until they were at least 8 years old in a tiny little square in their calendars. I did it every night before sleeping. How?  No idea?  Does anyone even care now?  NO!  I don't even go back and read them because I had to write so freaking small that it's hard to read!  So, the question is WHY am I so compelled to do it?  No idea!  I wish I knew.  But compelled is the word.  It's like I am tired of doing it and think it's kind of silly and decide it's time to stop doing it, but something COMPELS me to keep doing it!  I have no idea what or why.  I wish I had some answers for when it gets tough and I am ready to throw in the towel keyboard.  The sad thing is I basically just write facts now.  Before when I "blogged" I actually wrote things that were entertaining, funny, and interesting.  Now, I feel like it's just a boring journal with a lot of details that interest only me.  I wonder if someday I will go back and read this?  I definitely won't if I don't get it into book form.  I am still trying to do that!  
But at least I am in good company, because the Lord does DO details!
Well, today was Memorial Day.  I did go out on a walk.  No running, just walking.  I hope to get an MRI in soon so I know what to do!  I am PRAYING and HOPING for the best possible outcome and I hope by getting in early, I can take care of it and get back to running fast! I was feeling so discouraged the other day and suddenly I got this feeling in my head that said, "Your running days are far from over." I pray that was from the spirit and I will be okay. It's just so worrisome. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't run! Sigh.......I decided to go to the high school parking lot to see if I could find any coins since there were not cars there.  I did!  Not as much as usual, but not bad!
Katie Shepherd saw me and ran over and we chatted about Boston.  She found a great hot chocolate spot when they were there and gave me the name.  I came home and hurried and got ready so we could meet my parents at the cemetery.  Taylor and McKay came with us.  We visited and talked to the Coleman's for a bit.  We didn't really see anyone else.  
We went to Rusted Spoon but the wait was almost 90 minutes so we decided to try our luck (and lives) at J and D's. I ended up being very impressed.  The food was as good as was the service. Not sure what my Dad thought, but overall a good choice. 
I was starving and ate way more than I should have.  I am trying to lose 3 lbs again. Seems like that's the story of my life!  Lose it, gain it, lose it, gain it.  I wish my body wanted to be the weight I want it to be!  It's so frustrating at this age because if I eat more than 800 calories I seriously gain!  Seems so unfair!  Seems?  What am I saying?  IT IS UNFAIR!  As we get older we should get benefits not detriments!  I honestly get so frustrated because I really can't eat anywhere near what I used to without gaining weight now.  The older I get the harder it is to maintain where I have always been.  Sigh...  And dang, it's hard!  I love food too much.  Most people laugh at 3 lbs, but I definitely notice 3 lbs while running.  And I do not feel good with that extra.  
I sure do love and miss this boy!
We came home and everyone worked on their own projects. I got busy upstairs cleaning my closet.  I hauled out five garbage bags.  Shoes, clothes, purses, belts, etc.  It needed it!  I could still get rid of five more and still need to do it again soon.  
Dave made us steaks for dinner.  It was delish!   I practiced the harp for a long time.

dear tuesday, I got up and headed to my group harp lesson.  It ended up being just me and Katie because Nanette forgot it was on Wednesday and told everyone different days. Oh well.  It was nice to just have the two of us so she could hear us better.  I held my own.  I then headed to Dick's in the mall to return my Boston tanks I was going to wear that ended up not fitting after I tried four sizes.  Hah
I shopped a bit and got this Russia shirt for McKay.  I also got Bryce a Real shirt and I got me some Mrs. Field's mini cookies.  I only allowed myself to eat four.  They are so tiny but I still felt I needed to control it. So.....so.....hard!  Dang, those things are good!  I ran some more errands and then headed home.  Dave was off.  I spent the day cleaning.  McKay worked a double shift at Maddox and he loves it so far.  I love it because he brings us rolls and corn pones sometimes.
It rained like crazy one day this week. I can't remember which day though.

dear wednesday, I got up and made breakfast for the boys.  Then I went out and got in a walk.  It was a beautiful day.  I tried running part of it and it was very hard.  Hmm....  Dang. I hate injuries.  But, what ya gonna do?  Walking is nice because I notice things I never see when running.  Like this extremely old tree!  I heard it may be the oldest one in BC.  It is huge!  I wish you could tell from the photo but trust me, it's enormous!    
 I tried to take a selfie to show the perspective of how large it really it but I couldn't manage it.  But, if I tried to hug it and wrap my arms around it there would still be at least two feet on each side.  I need someone to stand in front of it and let me take a photo. 
 I saw the cutest deer!
And two dead baby skunks.  So sad.

I spent a good part of the day working on my Social Book for 2017.  They really screwed up part of my photo albums and forgot to add several from 2014 and 2015.  Makes me ticked because I can't ever add them now. I am going to have to do a book of just pictures so I can have them at least printed. That's not going to be cheap!  I got it done.  2017 ended up being two books but only because it was a BOGO free. I would prefer 50% off instead.  Oh well, it's done!  Done is better than perfect!  I have to keep reminding myself of that!  

dear thursday, I got in only a three mile walk this morning because I had a women's forum meeting.  The meeting was productive and we have almost all our speakers.  It will be a good year.  I came home and tried to catch up on so many things.  Why do I always feel like I am behind in everything? I need more hours in the day!  I made brownies and cornbread for Dave's parent's dinner.  Along with that we are taking them ribs, baked potatoes and a macaroni salad.  When I forget, I can always get on here and remember so I don't take the same thing.  
My pussy cat next to my pussy willows!
I fell in love with the pussy willows in Boston!

dear friday
, I got in 6.5 miles of walking.  Wow, walking takes so much more time.  But, I had a lot of things on my mind and so I used it to clear my head and thoughts and ponder. It was overcast and so it wasn't too hot either. Walking is definitively more relaxing.  I was alone most of the day because Taylor was in Logan taking a test and McKay and Bryce were at work.  I found out my Social Book I spent so much time on didn't include the photos I added but did include the ones I deleted so now I have to start over. Ugh!  I couldn't make myself do it.  Maybe tomorrow.  McKay is moving up fast at Maddox and was asked if he wants to be a server after only five days as a bus boy. I'm pretty excited for him.  He is too.  We went to Troy and Carol's tonight to watch a movie in their amazing theater.  I have to say once again that I would give about anything to have set up.  It is so cool.  We voted six movie choices Troy gave us and Princess Bride ended up being the movie that won.  I forgot how much I love that movie of course, watching on an enormous screen made it that much better.  The Moyle's and McCarrey's also joined us.  Troy goes all out. He had his soda bar (flavored syrup to add) and all the toppings and flavors for popcorn.  He is very amazing at basically everything he does.  

dear saturday, I got in an eight miler this morning and most of it was running!  I probably shouldn't have, but I wanted to see how it felt.  I was actually feeling pretty good. I will probably pay for it later though.  I ran to the high school as part of it and found a few coins.  Speaking of high school, this popped up on my memories today. It was McKay's LAST high school dance!  Wow, how time flies!  
I came home and everyone was working.  A few of the boys were in Kaysville working for Barry.  Sarah text me and said they were coming up tonight and I was so excited to see that little Carson. But, later she text me and told me they no longer were because Carson didn't clean his room and Sky and him had a deal and so they were not able to come. I was so sad and I knew how sad Carson was and so I face-timed him.  He was doing great by then but Sarah said he was crying so hard when Sky told him they weren't coming that he was hyperventilating.  So sad.  I spent the day cleaning. The Hollingsworth's brought by some yummy treats and flowers.  So pretty! 

dear sunday, I got up and made lasagna for dinner today.  I should have done it yesterday since it was fast Sunday and I hate to cook on fast Sunday because everything smells so good.  Haha  Sky and crew arrived and we sat down and chatted for a while.  
Carson made me "presents" for a long time this morning.
We then headed off to church and Carson was so adorable in class.  Sister Straub taught the lesson and it was on eyes.  She asked the kids, "What do you like to look at with your eyes?"  He immediately pointed at me and said, "Jodi".  She didn't respond and then asked again and he said and did the exact same thing.  Oh my gosh!  How sweet is that!?  He has all males beat in the Romeo department.  I couldn't help but laugh but my love for that boy keeps growing by leaps and bounds daily.  Our only girl was a bit of a handful!  She escaped on me!  She is fast!  I told her no more drinks but she ran and was out the door faster than I could catch her.  She ran down the hall and into the chapel.  Luckily, there was no one meeting in there right then.  She ran up to the pulpit and started to talk in the microphone.  Had there been people in there I would have gone and got the Primary Presidency.  No way, I was going to run in a full chapel and grab her!  Oh my!  We are lucky we are the last block.  Haha   I still love the little thing to pieces.  She is adorable.  An adorable challenge.  We took them outside with blindfolds on so they could use their other senses. 
Oh, my gosh!  I love all these littles!
I came home and finished getting dinner and then my parents arrived.  It was nice having everyone here without it being a special occasion. I invited my parents so they could see Carson and the boys.  Dinner turned out yummy.  
It was a gorgeous evening and so we sat outside for quite a while enjoying it.  
The NBA finals game started and so we watched some. My mom is a huge fan of Curry and so her and my Pa root for Golden State.  Taylor LOVES LeBron James and so he roots for Cleveland.  Most of the rest of us do too since he has converted us over.  Cleveland got beat.  Carson made potions and then we went and watched a movie in my room.  It's his favorite thing to do once it's dark.  Then they headed home.  I. Was. So. Tired.



Check this out!!! 
 How cool is this!!! I am so excited!  It is a virtual race but I HAD to have this medal!  Robin is ordering one as well and the plan is to run down Sardine to earn it!







3 comments:

Dawn Ropelato said...

I'm like you and sometimes want to quit blogging and journaling. But, I too feel like I should just keep doing it. Maybe because I would have appreciated things like this from my parents or ancestors. I think it's more for my posterity when I am gone. I hope it's all worth it. I do enjoy reading what your share and it helps me to push a little harder. I guess we really never know who will benefit from our shares or efforts. We have great lives that we make happen...that lesson alone is powerful! Love You girl! Thanks for sharing your live with me!

Jodi said...

Thank you for this comment friend. We do have great lives and you are right...we MAKE that happen. It really is what I needed to hear to keep pushing forward in this endeavor. It is definitely not easy to keep up, but as in life most things that are hard take effort and aren't easy. For some reason there must be a reason that we both feel compelled to keep doing it! We may not figure out what that is until we are gone, but I do believe it will bless our lives even if we never go back and read it because even just the process of writing, is somehow therapeutic and makes you stop and focus and evaluate things that you might not otherwise do. Love you too my dear friend!

Audrey said...

I totally understand the blogging conundrum, I find that I struggle to even read my favorite blogs right now, let alone record my own! I always love to read them, but I am very far behind right now. I have started posting one a month right now because I can't stand the thoughts of not having the memories recorded, but it is difficult to write for some reason. I do love having my books printed. I find that I pull them out every once in awhile and re-live my favorite memories.

I think you will be blessed one day because you have made a record of your life - however, I will admit that I miss your funny and/or uplifting words of wisdom.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails