Monday, June 25, 2018

*Monday Memos*


 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!

dear monday,  since I did so well after running on Saturday, I ran three today.  I headed out west.  It was hot.  
I was supposed to go to Logan to an AMI meeting but I decided to bag it and catch up on stuff I needed to do around the house. Bryce's back is not doing well. I wish I could trade him places and I gladly would.  He's too young for this. I couldn't sleep at all tonight because I am so worried and just sad about it.    On a good note, my social books came!  Yay!  

dear tuesday,  I got in five miles today but I walked them.  I paid big time for running yesterday, so I took it easy. I am fine while running most of the time but later in the day, things fall apart.  I am not happy I can't get in to see my PT until July 5th.  I might have to go to a different one. I saw some amazing clouds today!  Wow!
I had RS tonight.  It was a garden hat party. Everyone brought potluck. I took a pasta salad.  There were very few in attendance but our table had a lot of fun.  Probably because there weren't too many there.  Hmm....  We played Jeopardy and our table lost. Waaa....   Oh well.  Our ward has changed so much over the last few years, it seems like an entirely new ward at times.  Cute little Sam was there and she came over and talked to me.  

dear wednesday, I was so grateful I got to sleep in until 4:20 a.m. instead of getting up at 3:45 like I was originally supposed to do.  I had to be there at 5:20 a.m.  As I walked in, the foyer was loaded with youth.  I got right to work when I got there.  Jean trained me on a few other things but the people I worked with were great.  One was a 21 year old returned missionary named Josh and the other was a woman named Karen (I think).  It was her birthday and Jean brought us breakfast to celebrate.  She had McGriddles, juice, and fruit.  So nice.  I really enjoyed today and the time did go by much faster.  I can pretty much fold anything now.  haha And the way they fold socks is amazing.  Everything has to be precise and perfect.  Sometimes it is quite the challenge.  It was nice to leave by 8:30 even though I doubt that will be the norm, but I really enjoyed it.  The spirit is so amazing there and it was fun.  I headed to Ogden to do some shopping and exchanging. Then I met Karen, Aubrey, Mickey, Tanae and Brynlee at Rainbow Gardens for a late lunch.  They didn't have a lot of time but Aubrey wanted a Mormon Muffin so they drove all that way.  Can't beat Mormon Muffins!  
I need to make a batch this summer while I have all the boys here even though they aren't big fans of them.  We chatted and had a lot of fun. I shopped at the gift shop and found Carson the cutest giant snuggly panda!  He will love it!  I stopped at Ross and got some gorgeous purple drinking glasses.  They are in supply right now and I know that will not always be the case.  Fun day.
Dave and Mr. Cat chillin'

dear thursday, I got in four miles on my walk today. I didn't run at all because my back has been hurting much more and I worry I probably should just stop running altogether until it's feeling better, but it's SO HARD!  It was warm. I went out west.  Dave was at youth conference in the morning.  He got home early and was happy to have the rest of the morning off.  He went in at 3:00 because he's on call this week.  Julie brought me over my birthday present early because she couldn't wait.  It is a rose gold bar necklace with the letter J on it.  She is so funny. It's so pretty. We chatted for a while about her life.  Looks similar to this:
Image result for bar necklace with J rose gold
We took in the best meal to his parents.  Fresh peas out of the garden with a marinated thinly sliced steak and seasoned with garlic, ginger root, and soy sauce.  It was SO good served over rice.  I made rolls, a green salad, a pasta salad and creme brulee for dessert with fresh picked raspberries.  We didn't really eat any because we had to rush to SLC to the Rudd reception.  Taylor took it over for us.  The reception was on the roof of the Capitol Theater in SLC.  
Walking the streets of SLC
Holy cow, it was fun to see how the other half lives.  It was quite the party.  We felt a bit out of place and definitely style.  They live by Fort Douglas and so it almost felt like we were in Hollywood with the people that were there.  I saw young men wearing capri suit pants.  A lot of them.  And no socks with their suit pants.   That fashion style hasn't hit little ol' BC quite yet.  Haha  
We talked to Leslie first and then Jordan.  We haven't seen her in 15 years or more!  Then we talked to Nikki and then David.  It's amazing how fast kids grow up! They were all so nice and sweet.  We found Ross before we left.  They are the greatest family.  They helped us out so much when Tyson was sick as a newborn and then through the years when he had to go back in.  They would let us spend the night at their house so we could all be together.  We had a lot of fun with them back then.  Now we basically just stay in touch with Christmas cards.  It's sad how that happens when you don't live close.  It was so fun and I am glad we went.  
David and Nikki doing the father/daughter dance.  It was sweet.  Then David and Jordan sang a duet.  It was sweet.
On the town...
David did a duet with Jordan right before we left which was interesting.  The best part of it all was the dessert!  Oh. My. Gosh!  They had a chocolate creme brulee that was seriously TO. DIE. FOR!  It was even better than the chocolate melting cake on the Carnival Cruise ships!  I think it had to be the best thing I have EVER eaten in my life.  
Other than one time in Midway I had this almond flavored creamy pie which may take first place, but THIS was right up there and I was in CHOCOLATE HEAVEN!  Ohhhhhhhhh man......... Sooooooooo good!  It was catered by Marvelous Catering but they wouldn't  give the recipe.  Yes, I asked!  The waitress said their boss never gives out any recipes even though she wished he would. AMAZING stuff!  We were trying to take our own photo with the cool background when a nice man offered to do it for us.  He said to us, "You are a very good looking couple."  We kind of just smiled and he said, "No, you really are a stunning couple."  I thought that was very nice.
The ride home was nice until my back started to cramp and throw fits. I couldn't find a position where it wasn't killing me in.  Long ride. I really need to get in PT.  I thought they would call with a cancellation, but no such luck yet!

dear friday, I got out later than I planned. I was going to go with Dave to Youth Conference in Lehi today but after riding in the car to and from SLC last night, I knew my back would not handle that.  Sigh...  I got in five miles but holy heck it takes so long!  I had GI issues as well.  Fun fun.  I came home and no one was here.  It was so nice to just be alone. I am more productive when I am alone.  I organized a bunch of stuff, cleaned and did laundry.  I made banana bread and caught up some of this.  I did a bunch of those little errand things that have been hanging over my head and it felt good to check some of those off my list.  Taylor takes the MCAT a week from tomorrow.  He came home from his eight hour test in a good mood. Might partly be because Brazil won today in the World Cup. Hah  I think he is getting excited he gets his life back in a week!  Man, that kid studies more and harder than anyone I know.  Much more than Dave did to prepare for it.  Of course, he isn't married and so that is probably a bonus, but he still is amazing at how dedicated he is.  Especially for someone like Taylor who LOVES adventure and wants to be doing things all the time. I'm pretty sure he would be in Africa right now with CJ if he didn't have the test coming up. McKay made $18 total at work as a busboy at Maddox today. He was pretty stoked.  He gets promoted to waiter next week. Bryce's back is still miserable for him. Sky and fam are at Pineview camping. Bryce headed there tonight as well.
 Giving this kid a haircut...
We have been harvesting an abundance of these yummy things!

dear saturday, I got up early and headed to the Pleasant View Founder's Day 5K.  When I arrived Bob M came over and told me they changed the course and that the first almost mile was now a huge steep hill.  What?!  I only decided to run it because it was a great fast course and no big hills.  I almost decided to just go home because uphill really flares up my back.  And since I haven't really run in weeks, I was sure Pugsley would be telling me that was a no-no.  But, I was already there and decided it was only three miles and I could handle that.  HOLY HECK!  That hill!  It was of the devil!  It hurt!  It never ended!  It was crazy tough.  Had to be one of the steepest hills I've ever ran.  In all my races I have never seen anyone walk in the first mile in any race (unless they were walkers), but this one nearly everyone was at some point up that hill.  I wanted to very badly, but didn't.  Once I got to the top I was so out of breath and energy, I had a hard time running on the flat.  Geeze!  I knew my time was going to be horrible after that.  And it was.  This race went from being my Personal Best time to my Personal Worst time for a 5K.  Geeze again!  I crossed at 27 something.  Two years ago I ran it in 24 something.  I really wanted to see how I would do with all the time I've taken off but now I am not sure if it was from the course change or my lack of training.  I came in 7th overall woman, so that made me happy but I have no idea how I did in my age division because they didn't do AD awards due to lack of budget.  What?  How expensive is a pack of ribbons at the dollar store?  Actually, I didn't even want an award, just would have liked to know where I placed. I am pretty sure I came in first though.  Last time I ran it I won $50 for taking first in the overall Master's (seniors - yikes!) division. Everyone was upset and complaining to the director that this was their worst time ever in a 5K.  The director was new and just took it over this year and she said she was open to suggestions, but I could tell she was getting mad at all the complaints coming in.  There was a city council women there and so Bob and I went and talked to her and told her they have ruined the best 5K in northern Utah by changing the course and not only that, but there is no longer a free breakfast and they didn't do age division awards.  She had no idea they changed so much and said she would definitely look into it.  I know I for one will never run it again unless they change the course back.  The one nice thing was I didn't have to hang around for an award.  I just got in my car and came home.  On a good note, my back did okay and it felt good to run fast for a change.  
Since I got home earlier than I planned, I went to Julie's for the primary breakfast.  It was fun but not many came.  
The rest of the day I spent cleaning the basement.  Taylor was down there studying and I had to get that room organized for him.  He helped me move some heavy stuff when I needed it.  I got the new console in place and it looks nice.  I should have taken some photos.
I also spent about three hours doing laundry and grocery shopped.  Busy day.  Sky and his crew came later and it was so fun to see cute Carson.  He is always so excited to see me.  Fun. We watched a movie together.  He loves to do that. 

dear sunday,  I got up early and made a giant Goliath for my class.  They are going to throw marshmallows at it with a sling shot.  
Don't judge. I am not an artist!
I finished preparing my lesson.  Just Taylor, me and Carson went to church because Sarah had to work and Sky had to study.  I only had three in my class today but Cheryl was unable to come because her grandsons fell asleep and so she had to take them home.  Sam wasn't there but it was still a bit crazy but fun.  They got giggling so hard when I had them roar like a lion and I jumped.  They thought that was hilarious and couldn't stop laughing. It was cute.  
Carson was a tease today took the sling shot and ran around the room with it.  Not like him, but still cute.  He was just laughing.  Dave showed up at the end and helped some.  We grilled burgers for lunch and it was so yummy.  I laid down by Carson for a bit but I was the one that was tired. LOL  He made potions and we played and read books. I was ready for bed! 
Potion making
 Putting together the Villain puzzle.  He loves villains.  
Taylor has finally found a match for his teasing.  :)

dear oldies but goodies, my cousin posted these on Facebook and I wanted to preserve them here.
 This is my amazing Grandma Mae and Grandpa Ed (on the right)  The younger couple is my Aunt Sharon and Uncle Lothar.  All have passed except Lothar.  He is from Germany.  This was taken at my cousin Shelley's wedding when I was eight years old. I really miss Mae and Ed. That's what I called them.  Or Eddy Bone.  Oh, how I loved them.  I often feel my Grandma near.  Sometimes I can smell her or her house.
 This is me and my cousin Mike and Bill and I believe my Uncle Rich. Most likely at Lake Tahoe.
 This is my cute Mom and Dad.  My Pa looks like Mr. Brady from the Brady Bunch with his perm.
 This is my favorite cousin Shelley and my Grandpa Eddy Bone in San Diego where Shelley lived.
This is my Aunt Dixie and cousin's Bill and Mike. They lived in Sacramento.

dear quotes

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails