Monday, June 11, 2018

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, today I got in a pretty good run.  I made it five.  I mostly ran and so that was good.  I hope.  
I came home and put away my spring stuff and got out the summer. I also cleaned up the back deck and gazebo and sprayed all the chairs so there were no spider webs (or egg sacks- ew!) on them. I practiced harp for a long time (it takes me over an hour to get in all my songs).   I ran to Kents (twice today- hah) and then made tacos for dinner.  I was just getting ready to go help Dave dig ditches for the garden when the door flew open and it was Carson!  Sky came to help Dave dig the ditches.  So Carson, Sarah and I hung around here and I fed them and then we walked to the park.  
Look at that sweet face!
It was a blast playing.  Carson likes to play jail and a little girl from a party at the pavilion joined us.  She was cute.  Sarah got us to play Duck Duck Goose and that was fun as well.  When we got home, I had to make more tacos because we ran out of meat.  So many hungry mouths to feed.  We then came home and had a fun bonfire.  Everyone came out.  A serendipitous FHE. We made Smores and it was a gorgeous night!  So pretty!  
Carson and I made some magic water beads for tomorrow.  Then he wanted to watch a movie in my room and so we watched Descendants.  He loves that. 
These are the coolest thing if you have littles around.  Google Magic Beads and go buy them on Amazon!  Amazing!

dear tuesday I got up and practiced the harp for a bit and then while I was getting ready, I decided to see if I could switch my lesson for tomorrow because Carson was here and I felt bad leaving!  I was able to and so I text my friends to see if they could go to our friend's houses that we were dropping treats and balloons off to today instead of tomorrow.  Amazingly everyone was able to!  I was so happy. I just felt so bad leaving when Carson was here!  We played with the cool magic water beads for a bit and then in the playroom with McKay as well.  I then took him with me to visit two old friends of mine.  One I met (Jana) when we first moved to Brigham and she was in our ward and she was in town just for today. She let me borrow her maternity clothes when I was pregnant with Skyler and I remember feeling so blessed because she had the cutest clothes. She happened to be at another friend of mine (Sherry's) who moved to Oregon (I used to visit teach her).  I was going to meet Jana today after she left Sherry's but when I told her how much I loved Sherry, they invited me to where Sherry was at her Aunt's home.  I took Carson with me since I didn't have much time and he was so well behaved- as always.  It was a fast visit and trying to catch all three of us up on each other was hard, but I am glad I went. 
I brought Carson home and I had to head to Hooper.  They were going to stay so Sky could study but I felt bad leaving him with no one here to play with!  Groan.... 
I stopped and got some treats for the Get Well bags and then went to Carla's and put them together with Lori, Dawn and Carla.  We headed to Kathy's first (in Hooper).  She is having surgery tomorrow on her knee.  We then went to Shelley's (in Hooper) who just had surgery on her eye.  Then to Chris' (in Ogden on 7th Street) who just had a lumpectomy for breast cancer.  Lori rode with me and then back home with the other two.  It was fun visiting them all even though we didn't stay long at each house, but it was a boost I think they all appreciated.  Especially Chris.  
I was going to run see my Mom but decided I would get back.  I did stop at Ross on 12th on my way home and I feel bad I did now because I just missed Carson!  Sky told me they were going to head back by 4 and I couldn't have made it back by then, but they ended up staying a bit longer.  Dang. When I got home look what I found on my computer keyboard:
About made me cry!  I am telling you this little boy is one special little soul.  There is something so uniquely and amazingly special about him.  He is one of a kind. I called him and talked to him for a bit because I had to thank him.  He is the sweetest.  

dear wednesday, today is Global Running Day and instead of running I celebrated by having an MRI.  Yay me!  I wish.  Here's my FB post:
Decided to wear my new (and favorite) shirt in honor of Global Running Day today! Didn't get in a run, since I'm currently sidelined due to an injury, but wanted to celebrate anyway! HAPPY GLOBAL RUNNING DAY! 🏃‍♀️#globalrunningday #iamnotapatientinjuredrunner #wantorun#guessinjuriesarethebesteachers #bostonmonsoonathon2018

I got up at 6 a.m. and practiced the harp hoping I wasn't waking up anyone still slumbering, but that would be rare because most are awake and gone by then.  Today however, Taylor and McKay skipped the gym and so I probably gave them a bit of a serenade.  Hopefully that's what they would call it anyway!  I decided to do an online lesson today so I didn't have to kill three or four hours in Ogden after my harp lesson before my MRI.  If it was Christmas time I would have had no issues putting that time towards shopping, but I am so far behind right now in so many things around here that I wanted the time.  She gave me only 25 minutes....actually maybe 20 because we got started late and then chatted and then her next lesson showed up right at 9:30 and she was done with me.  I was a bit frustrated.  But at least I saved some $ in gas.  Not much because I still had to go to Ogden for the MRI.  I ended up meeting Sky in Riverdale to drop off a sewing machine he had bought for Sarah.  Carson was with him and he was all smiles and so adorable. Those eyes and that smile of his melts me. He is a charmer.  We visited for a bit and then I headed off to the MRI. They were running about 30 minutes late because the machine broke down earlier.  Great.  I left and went to a couple shops nearby and browsed.  When I got back, I still had to wait.  Once inside the machine, I noticed my headphones were not working so I "got" to have the MRI without any music.  Those things are SO LOUD that music is nice to block out the horrible sounds the machine makes.  Oh well.  Sadly, my back was killing me during the scan.  Not a good sign I know.  Sigh...  I will have results in a few days I hope.  I think I hope.  I am very nervous about it all to be honest. Those results could change things drastically in my life.  I am praying for the best possible outcome.  
Image result for mri humor

I headed to TJMaxx and got me a super cute top. Nope, don't need it at all but I love clothes!  I came home and the roofers were here ripping off the shingles.  FINALLY!  They are only about a year late!  Long story.  It was 93 today.  Ugh.  McKay brought turkey steaks home for dinner tonight and so I was off the hook!  So glad.  The roofers worked until almost dark on the roof. I assume they will back before dawn as well.  I hope they will because we need to get it done! I watched the end of the game with the boys.  The Warriors won.

dear thursday, well today I started out practicing my last song in Book One with my hands together and I was happy that I was able to do it.  It's a toughie.  I then headed out on a walk/run and got in five miles but it was H O T !!!  
Saw my first live snake of the year.  At least I think it's my first.
Here is that HUGE tree again.  Since I started noticing it, I now really am in awe of it. I think about how long it's been here and all it has lived through. I really wish I knew it's age.
While I was out, the temple sister called me back about working there.  I am actually excited to work in the office, at least I was until she told me when.  They want me on Saturday's from 4-8 pm.  Ugh.  That is going to be bad because Saturday night is when I get to see Carson.  It is also the only time I get to see the boys when they are away at college.  So I am torn.  I asked if there was a possibility of me doing it any other day and time but she said not right now.  She said I was hand picked for the job because of my personality since I will be greeting the patrons when they come in the office. This really is tough for me.  I would love to do it at any other time or day.  I would prefer 4 a.m. to this.  It is such a hard time which is probably why they are in a rush to fill it because it's probably hard to fill.  I will have an interview next week and then start next Saturday.  Okay, I need to be positive.  Somehow, someway, I will be blessed for it.  It is just going to about kill me to leave Carson when he is here though. I also fear they will stop coming if I'm not ever here and then they might not keep bringing him to church.  We have roofers doing our roof FINALLY a year after they were supposed to and I feel SO bad for them.  They are such hard workers and are up there in that hot sun all day just working so hard.  I don't know how their backs take it. 
Speaking of backs, my MRI results are back already.  It's not good.  As I suspected I have a bulging disc.  Between L5 and S1.   Not the news I hoped for but I guess it could be worse.  Now, I have to get into a sports doc and see what the verdict is.  I pray he won't tell me my running days are over.  Even if he does, they won't be because I don't think I will give them up. I will try to find a solution somehow.  I am surprisingly pretty positive about it all.  I think it's because of the personal message I got telling me that my running days are far from over.  I am going with that.  Faith. Right?  
I went to lunch with Jen and we got caught up.  I always love talking to her.  It's nice to know each other so well that you can just be yourself at all times.  It's hard to come by friends like that.  I was going to try to get back to finish Dave's parents dinner bceause I hadn't done anything on it before I left.  We talked for about three hours (we need that long to catch up) and I was grateful when I got home Dave had done most of it on his lunch.  I hurry and made lemon bars and finished the rest of the meal and it was good to go on time.  We actually had everyone home for dinner tonight.  Those poor roofers worked from 8 a.m. until after 9 p.m.  They did take a short break in between, but they are the hardest workers. 
My porch pots are still thriving so far.  I keep waiting for the heat to bake them like it does every year.

dear friday,  I got out on a run a bit later this morning and it was a scorcher.  I walked two and ran three.  I got my Boston Buddies Run Club shirt today.  
I came home and finished my Social Book finally. I should say re-did it.  Sky and Carson came and Carson and I decided to go see Show Dogs. We got to the theater but it wasn't playing.  The app I looked at was wrong. It was in North Ogden instead.  So, we went and visited Mona.  She is across the street from the theater and so it actually was all for the best.  She was asleep in the foyer, and when the lady woke her up, she was shocked to see me I think.  Carson was adorable with her and she fell in love with him as everyone does.  He played ball with her using
 a swim noodle and balloon and some of the other residents joined in on the excitement.  Most of them were not all there.  He had fun and Mona loved it.  
I love this!  ↑ He thought he was so sneaky.
It was sweet to see her eyes light up from having a little one around.
We stayed for a good hour and then Carson was ready to roll.  We went to Walmart and I bought him a cool snake.  I always run into so many peeps I know when I go there and so we were there longer than I planned.  We ran and returned my dress at Miss Maizey's and then headed home.  The boys started to come home and he had fun playing with them and doing smoke bombs.    
He begged to make potions.
Sky and Sarah worked on her new clothing line she started.  I am impressed with her ambition while still working another full time job.
This little guy is well loved when he comes to our house!
Carson and I watched Pinocchio tonight before bed.

The roof is half done.  The new shingles (black) on top and the old (tan) on bottom.  I am not sure I am happy now we went with the dark ones, but everyone else in the fam is. 

dear saturday, I got out by 7:15 on my run this morning and it was so much cooler.  I only got in five miles but I actually ran a lot of those.  Not sure I should have, but it's too hard not to!  I found these in the parking lot of IMT. 

Trying to power walk...


We took off to pick up my mom and then to the Living Planet Aquarium.  Dave had to be there before us and so he drove down separate.  He was in class the whole time we were there.  It was fun.  This is my third time now.  The river otters are my favorite thing.  They have so much personality.  There were asleep the first time we went and saw them but when we went back they were swimming and playing.  
We watched two short movies, one on penguins and one on wild cats.  We saw a boa constrictor eating a mouse.  It was good timing because Carson and I had just been singing "I've been swallowed by a boa constrictor!"  haha  
Dave shared his lunch with all of us and then Sky took him around the place while we went back to see the otters and another movie.  It was fun.  
On the way home we stopped at Nielsen's Frozen Custard.  Soooo yummy!  We always share a bumbleberry almond concrete.  My mom got a chocolate soda. She was a trooper for hanging in there the whole day.  
Carson fell asleep on the way home.  We dropped off my mom and then came home.  The roofers were going to town on the roof and it was hot.  I was melting. Dave hates to turn on the AC because it is so expensive.  I was seriously dying.  The high was 95 today.  Carson woke up and he wanted to play. I took him with me to Kent's and Smith's to get stuff for my lesson.  Sky had a bonfire going.  Dave and I went to the Andersen's for Mitch's wedding/farewell to Italy party.  It was so nice.  They went all out and their yard is gorgeous.  Carson and I went up and watched a movie before bed.  
McKay with the groom and some of his buds.
The photographer was taking this photo and so I ran in to get one as well not knowing McKay wasn't even it.  His buds yelled at him to get in it or I wouldn't have even known he wasn't in it. Hah

dear sunday, I got up at the crack of insanity again and worked on my lesson. My boys tease me about how much time I put in my lessons for a bunch of three year olds.  They forget I taught at a preschool for four years and taught each of them preschool, story time and Joy School and majored in Child Development.  If I know one thing, you must be prepared for preschoolers.   I keep telling them preparing these lessons ARE time consuming because you have to be over prepared because their attention spans are so short and you have to have something always ready to throw at them. Maybe after I've done it a bit longer, I will ease up a bit, but I doubt it.  Either way, I love it. 
(My preparations)
Carson was so sweet as usual. He is just the sweetest little boy.  I can't even express how much I love that little guy.  Sometimes my heart just wants to burst with the love I feel for him.  Especially when he looks at me with those big brown tender eyes and tells me, "Jodi I love you with all my heart."  He is constantly talking about making me a card and doing things with me and for me.  My Mom gets a kick out of how obsessed he is.  It's the sweetest thing. For not having any grandchildren yet, he more than makes up for it.  He is truly a gift.  A blessing beyond what I could have imagined.  The bad thing is we are now both so attached that if they move away to law school, it would be pretty sad and heart breaking.  We need each other. :)   He was so cute in church but I felt sad when in Primary we were singing all the songs about Dads for Father's Day next week.  I think it made him sad.  Sky is above and beyond what his dad is, but it still has to be hard for the little thing not having him really in his life and not having any grandpa's either.  Him and I changed the song "When Grandpa Comes" to "When Grampy Comes"  That made him smile because my Dad is so cute with him.  My lesson went pretty well, but it was kind of a busy one.  It was on taste and smell and we had a lot of things to sample and smell.  They were good.  Sam escaped once again and Cheryl had to chase her down this time.  Oh, that girl.  What a handful, but ya gotta love her.  She is so cute.  We came home and all got dinner ready.  It is so nice to have everyone here.  I do not take that for granted.  
He was being so silly! 
He loves hanging out with the brothers and they love hanging out with him.
After dinner Carson was so sleepy and so we went up in my room and watched the rest of The Incredible's hoping he would fall asleep. Instead, I almost did.  Hah  Then we watched The Minions.  I have never seen it and it was hilarious. He wanted to snuggle and he kept telling me how he loved me with all his heart. ♥  When Sky said they had to leave Carson started to cry. It broke my heart.  Whenever anyone asks anything about a favorite this or that, he immediately yells out, "Jodi is my favorite!"  No matter what the topic.  It is so stinkin' cute.

dear random,
Mr. Cat snuggling
Sky and Jeremy a few years ago
Praying this is true!


There are better starters than me but I’m a strong finisher.
Usain Bolt




2 comments:

Dawn Ropelato said...

I know why Carson says your his favorite! You're seriously so awesome!

Audrey said...

That Carson is so lucky to have you in his life! And you are lucky to have him!
You are so sweet and kind to take get well treats to your friends. I never think of doing things like that.
I am sad to hear about your back. I hope that it won't affect your running too much.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails