Monday, April 8, 2019

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, today was a sunny day and so pretty.  Spring feels so good!  It was also April Fool's Day!  My favorite day of the year!!!  Well, maybe my second fave. I think my birthday is my favorite.  
Related image
I had NO ideas for this year and was feeling like I wasn't going to pull anything off. No one was going to be here and so if I did it would have to be via text.  I decided to really scare the pants off of them and got an idea in my head that since conference was this weekend, it might throw them off.  I text the boys and told them that their Dad got a call from Salt Lake and we had to meet with a member of the 12 on Thursday and that we had no idea why but they can't tell a soul.  Well, I have been trying to get Taylor for four years to no avail, BUT today I scored!!!  He called me and was saying stuff like, "Whoa!" and "That's crazy!" He even said he had tickets to conference but has to work, but maybe he can get someone to work for him.  He wanted to know what I thought they wanted and said that with conference this weekend that's probably not good. Skyler thought he was being called to the 70 and hoping it wasn't as a mission president because he said that would be bad timing with my situation.  Bryce just said, "OK".  McKay said, "What!!!! That's insane!!!!"  "He's becoming a 70!!!!!".  (Giggle giggle giggle) Oh, I did well!!!  I talked to Taylor for a good 5 or more minutes and he had NO clue!  Finally, I started to giggle. I couldn't help it. I was so shocked I was suckering him along so well.  He is a HARD one to get!!!  He asked why I was laughing and STILL didn't catch on!  I finally said, "I am laughing because this is so crazy, kind of like how crazy it is that you forgot it was April Fool's Day!"  Then he laughed!  He said, "Oh man!  When I woke up this morning I told my roommates that if my mom calls or texts to not let me believe anything she says!  Then I got studying and completely forgot!!!"  So then I decided to attempt Dave.  I text him and said that there was a message on the answering machine from the Church Offices in SLC from a secretary to the Quorum of the Twelve.  I told him that he said they must have your cell # wrong because they can't get a hold of you!!!  And that they want him to return their call asap.  Then I gave him a fake number and said, "I am dying here!!!  Conference is this weekend!"  He wrote back, "Thanks.  You've got nothing to worry about. It's April Fool's - Remember?"  I wrote back, "Are you sure?"  And he said, "Pretty sure. You gave me a non-working number."  So I replied with, "Try this one:  801-APRIL-FOOLS"  He said, "Very cute!"  He is hard to get as well.  But I kinda got him.  It was fun!  
Image result for april fools
I LOVE LOVE LOVE April Fool's Day. However, THIS ↓ popped up on my Facebook memories today:
Yes, and then THIS ↓ happened....
Some would say I brought this on myself. Karma or tempting fate...or whatever.
I am not sure!  Hah   But...I am praying what I did for my April Fool's today will not have the same result!  One year, Dave's sister told everyone her grandma died as an April Fool's joke... and guess what?  Yep, she did die that day!  
If you have anything important to tell me
Sarah got Sky good too.  She posted his bullet bike on Facebook Classifieds and said it was for sale with Sky's number.  He got a text from some guy telling him if he would hold it he would pay him $1700.  Sky wrote back asking, "Where was this listed?"  He said that his wife found it on Facebook's yard sale.  Sarah said he did not find it as funny as she did!  LOL  So he made her a peach pie and put sour cream on it instead of whipped cream.  She hates sour cream.  I have taught him well.  hehe
Image result for april fools
Michele Law text me this morning asking if I wanted to go to lunch today spur of the moment.  No joke!  I decided that would be fun and so we met at Idle Isle.  She was so sweet. I really love that woman.  She is one of the most Christlike people I know.  She has had her share of hard struggles as well.  It was fun to chat with her.  We had chef salads and they were so delish!  I talked to Leslie and Andrea for a bit as well.  It was fun.  
Mr. Cat had to go to the vet to get his shots today.  He was not a happy camper on the way.  More out of fear than anything.  He meowed in a deep voice the entire way there.  I felt bad for him.  
I wrapped him in a towel and carried him inside without my cane. I was really hobbling.  He was so nervous and buried his head behind me and inside the towel.  It was pretty cute.  He was so nervous.  
The vet came in and told me he found a heart murmur.  Great.  I told him about the weird stuff he has been doing when he will just scream out and I can see his bowels moving.  He had no clue why or what to think. He gave me a bunch of suggestions and even thought of doing a medicine but I didn't feel good about it.  He told me to video it if I can. Pretty discouraging.  I may take him to another vet and get a second opinion if it continues. He was pretty brave overall though.  He was so happy when I got him back in the car and didn't make a peep all the way home. I gave him a treat (canned food) when we got home and he was grateful to be home.

I was going to do my PT but sat down for a bit and started putting puzzle pieces together on the puzzle we started this weekend.  I ended up finishing the entire thing and I am not a puzzle fan!  And it was a hard one!  
I went up to do my PT and Dave got home.  He made us spaghetti and I browned some butter and then put on the Mizithra cheese.  Oh. My. Gosh! That stuff is good!!!  Mmmm....  Sooo good!  I went up and finished my PT. My leg was really sore today.  Not sure how it felt so good yesterday and could be so sore today.  
Image may contain: sky, text and outdoor

dear tuesday, today I had my PT in the morning.  My knee has really been throwing fits today and yesterday and I wasn't looking forward to it.  I measured a 6 cold on my extension and got a 4 warm!  YAY!  That is great news!  But, on my flexion, my knee was really not cooperating and the best I could get is a 144 and that was with extreme pain. Rob could tell I was frustrated but he said even the weather can affect it.  It was raining.  I talked to one of the other therapists about our boys and who knew who.  Found out him and Cindy (the aid) and I were all born the same year and graduated in 1979.  Kind of fun.  Rob asked me if I wanted to pass on the Fun Station because my knee was hurting, but I told him that I would still do it, but not push it.  It went okay.  
I came home and Dave was here for lunch.  He had a bad day and I told him he needed to take a little nap before he went back and so he did.  Sky showed up for about an hour because he had an appt.  He had some dinner (or prob just a snack for him) and we chatted.  He took off and Bryce got home. I chatted with Carsolito on Messenger. He's so silly. 

Dave headed to his meetings and I headed to our Relief Society meeting and. . .



DRUM ROLL PLEASE. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

For the first time, I walked without ANY assistance!!! Yep!  I left my cane in the car!!!  I was limping for sure, but I was able to walk without it.  Not far, of course, BUT I still was able to. I was being pretty brave, because sometimes my ankle gives out on me or my good leg, but I had no trouble!  
Image result for granny dancing with a cane
Only a handful of people even mentioned it.  We discussed Family History and heard some great stories and it was motivating.

dear wednesday, I did my PT early today. It is so nice to have that out of the way come evening time.  I went to lunch with Robin today.  We went to Wingers.  We chatted for over two hours and then went to Maurices.  It was fun.  She is running the Ogden half even though her hamstring really isn't ready to, but she said is doing it for me.  That brought tears to my eyes.  She is the best.  I told her all about the ankle issues and how I am having faith it will fully heal and I believe it will.  It was raining this afternoon.  It was really a nice spring rain.  Dave had meetings tonight.  
My card and one of the gifts from the Ogden Marathon that I think I forgot to post.

dear thursday, today I got my PT done early. I listened to several podcasts and Ted Talks while doing it.  I am glad my brain is able to process things now.  For a while there it took too much energy to even do that.  However, I was incredibly tired today. It felt like the radiation kind of tired. Not sure why.  Taylor was here all day.  We had fun chatting.  I made dinner for Dave's parents for the first time since my accident.  That was a major accomplishment. Mainly because I can't be up on my leg that long and all the turning and pivoting is tough, plus I'm very slow. I have had several big firsts lately.  It's exciting.  After I made the dinner, I was just too wiped out to make dessert.  So I worked on my computer for a while and then I felt my energy restore enough to make one.  
It's interesting trying to get used to not having the energy I am used to.  But, I can't change it, only be patient with it.  My body has been through a lot and it needs time.  I can't expect it to just jump right back in my old life right away.  I worked on an appeal for my physical therapy to my insurance company. I doubt they will accept it.  But it is pretty insane. My score was low....way low on all of my evaluations Rob did (20 out of 82 and 5/10 on walking and stairs and 0/10 on running) and they said that I have near normal function and can do most of my daily tasks on my own and my condition will improve with my home program.  Nothing could be further from the truth!  Compared to where I was before all this happened I am not even anywhere close.  The problem is we have reached the $1500 per year cap for PT.  I'm sure they won't budge and we will be paying out of pocket, but I really have no choice.  Dave got home early today and Bryce was here and so with Taylor here as well, it was so nice to have dinner together.  I even cleaned out the fridge. It felt so good.  My good knee gave out on me three or four times today though.  Not sure why it keeps doing that.   

dear friday, I had PT at 9 a.m.  It was packed.  It amazes me how many people have problems with their mobility in some form or another.  I chatted with an older lady who asked what was wrong with my leg. I told her the story.  She knew Dave's parents and was Connie Thorson's friend.  I got a 3.5 to a 4 on my extension!  Yay!  But my flexion would only push to 145 and that was OWIE!  But the progress on my extension felt good!  Well, it didn't "feel" good, but it feels good!  Figure that out!
I talked to Dr. Sumko, who was working out.  He told me that I could get an MRI if I wanted to see if the blood vessels were working.  He also said there is nothing I can do for AVN.  But, he did say sometimes it will regenerate.  YES!  More hope!  When I was done, Julie met me there and then we picked up my mom.  We went in for a bit and I met Madi's bunny Misty.  She is cute and I held her and she snuggled with me.
Max was there too but he has a yucky eye right now, so no pix of him!  We loaded up and went to Farmington Station.  It was so awesome to not have to go to radiation or a Dr. appt. but to go to lunch and shop instead!  We ate at Blue Lemon. It was tasty.  
Then we went to Home Good's. I haven't been in there for so long.  It is my favorite store.  Julie had never been there and so she was in heaven.  She bought a chair-couch thing, a plant, a lamp, pillows....and more.  Her cart was so full, we had to put some in ours.  It was fun watching her.  I got her a blanket she wanted me to give to her for her birthday.  My mom didn't get anything. I got a few things.  
 Did she or didn't she?
She wanted to, but she didn't.
I do love that store. I take that back, my mom got some bubble bath for Sarah. I had to sit down a few times because it was tough being on my leg that long.  It's so frustrating, but I just have to be patient. I have come a long way!   
My mom is carrying Julie's stuff.  Well, a small part.  Her cart was full.  We headed home and I saw an IMT trailer and truck pulled over off the Layton exit and I said, "I wonder if that's Bryce?"  As we drove by it really looked like him and so I called him and sure enough it was.  His transmission went out and so he had to wait for them to bring him another truck.  We wanted to go and get him but he said no.  We went in my mom's for a bit and both Julie and I held the bunny again.  He is so cute. We chatted with my parents for a while and then headed home.
My ministering sister left this on my porch.

dear saturday, today was the 189th annual general conference of our church. It was sad for me to not be out running. I usually listen to the Saturday morning session while I am out running.  It was really good.  I love general conference.  So many amazing talks in just two days.  You can find them HERE
Image may contain: text and outdoor
I used the time to clean while I listened today instead.  I cleaned the kitchen and the desk and the family room.  I cleaned my computer room desk during the afternoon session. I needed all two hours for it!  hah  It feels good to be able to clean again! Even if it takes me three times longer than it used to. It's so sad how things have atrophied in my house.  I still don't have the stamina to really get in and do it and the hardest thing of all is to not be able to lean down or bend or squat. I pray that will come back!  Sky and crew showed up about 6 pm.  Dave had just taken off to Priesthood meeting. He had to go alone for the first time in a long time.  McKay and Taylor were both working.  Sky and Sarah had gone looking at houses and I am so excited for them to get one!  Hopefully it will all work out! Bryce was camping.  I hung out with cute Carson.

dear sunday, today was general conference and so we got to chill.  It is always so nice.  I didn't sleep well last night and so I was especially grateful!  I was going to make cinnamon rolls, but glad I chose not to. I made cookies instead because McKay had a date for the afternoon session and I knew they would be starving because him and his buds didn't plan for food.  I made them but I over estimated my stamina.  At least my leg stamina.  I couldn't stand that long and had to finally sit down and ask Sky to hand me a bunch of stuff.  But, I got them made.  Then after all that McKay had to leave before they were done.  Oh well.  Sky was happy since he thought that was being a mama's boy if he took them.  Hah  We watched conference and it was SO good.  My childhood friend Lisa Hales has a brother who I knew growing up named Brook and he is now a general authority and he gave the best talk!  It was really so good!  Lisa was so proud of him, as she should be.  Carson did some pictures.  We had our traditional German pancakes between sessions.  So good!  Taylor showed up just in time to eat!  It was nice to see him!  
 Which way do you like yours?  I like mine in my mouth!
The second session was also very good.  I will hopefully post some memes or notes at the end if I find the time.  If not you can go HERE to read or watch all of the talks.  It will be well worth your time!  
 Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

I took Carson to the park.  I had to just sit on the bench which was driving me crazy because I wanted to play with him, but he had fun and made some friends. It was such a gorgeous spring day!  Sheri W. came over and we had a chat about my situation.  She is also a runner.  Dave and Sarah and then Sky put together a puzzle while me and Carson watched the new Mary Poppins in my room because I had to do my PT.  I was extremely exhausted tonight.  



dear randommy 40th class reunion is coming up this summer (WOW!) and so peeps are posting some of the past yearbook photos! It's been kind of fun to see all these again. These are all the way back from my T.H. Bell junior high days.  7th, 8th, and 9th grade!  WHAT A HOOT!  Where's Waldo!?


Paper write up about graduation from high school. 


RANDOM oldies!
 I found it!!!  My recipe I thought I lost from the Carnival Cruise's Chocolate Melting Cake!!! THEE BEST DESSERT IN THE WORLD!


Haha!  I found this in some papers.  It was way back in the day when I had the boys take turns doing dinner on Monday night. I always helped them, of course, but I wanted to teach them how to prepare meals before their missions.  It cracked me up seeing what each one chose. 

Posted by a Boston runner from last year's monsoonathon.  I think I forgot how bad it really was!
But then there's this ↓
My how times have changed!  Thankfully!

This is Jim Thorpe. Look closely at the photo, you can see that he's wearing different socks and shoes. This wasn't a fashion statement. It was the 1912 Olympics, and Jim, an American Indian from Oklahoma represented the U.S. in track and field. On the morning of his competitions, his shoes were stolen. Luckily, Jim ended up finding two shoes in a garbage can. That's the pair that he's wearing in the photo. But one of the shoes was too big, so he had to wear an extra sock. Wearing these shoes, Jim won two gold medals that day.

This is a perfect reminder that you don't have to resign to the excuses that have held you back. So what if life hasn't been fair? What are you going to do about it today? Whatever you woke up with this morning; stolen shoes, ill health, failed relationships, failed business, don't let it stop you from running your race. You can experience more in life if you'll get over the excuses and get on with living. You can have reasons or you can have results...but you can't have both.




Some short conference notes:  (from somewhere online)

Elder Dale Renlund:
The required action is always tiny compared to the blessing we receive.
You don't earn a blessing. That notion is false. But you do have to qualify for it.
Small acts of faith are required to ignite God's blessings.
Sometimes we need to make a bow and arrow before Revelation comes of where to find food.
When you receive any blessing from God, you can assume you complied with eternal law...

Elder Brooke P. Hales:
Heavenly Father and the Savior know best what is good for us and what we need.
I know that Good hears our prayers.

Sharon Eubank:
Satan wants to dim our light, short circuit it, cut off our supply, leaving us alone in the dark.
When expectations overwhelm us, we can step back and ask what Heavenly Father what to let go of.
Christ is rest.
How are you going to increase your faith like the brother of Jared so your stones can be turned to light?
Jesus can transform our windows of stones to glass and light.
Ask your questions. Patiently melt stone to glass.
No matter how hard it tries, the darkness cannot put out that light, ever.
It's hard to get the lights back on by yourself.
He sees all your hidden sacrifices and counts then to your good and to he good if those you love.

Elder Quentin L. Cook:
President Russell M. Nelson has received profoundly important revelation pertaining to temple and temple work.
Women and men have equal power to bless their families.
Be anxiously engaged in making our homes a refuge from the storms that surround is and a sanctuary of faith.
Make electronic devices a servant instead of a distraction, or worse, a master.

President Henry B. Eyring:
Building faith in Jesus Christ is the beginning of reversing any spiritual decline in your family and in your home.
You'll best lead by example. Family members must see you grow in the gospel.
Prayer in the family can reach across the world.
The family that prays together is together, even when they are far apart.
You will find some of the greatest joy in your efforts to make your home a place of faith in Jesus Christ.

Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf:
The closer your draw to Heavenly Father the more His light and joy will shine within you.
Stand as a witness of the gospel of Jesus Christ at all times, and when necessary, use words.
Invite people to come and see. Then encourage them to come and help.
Come and see. Come and help. Come and stay.
Trust the Lord to work His miracles.
Believe, love, do.
You can do this. We can all do this together.

W. Christopher Waddell:
Ministering is more than a friend, and friendship is magnified as we minister.
Minister by giving what we are capable of giving, and trust that the Lord will magnify our efforts.
Small and simple acts are powerful because they invite the influence of the Holy Ghost, an influence that blesses both the giver and receiver.
Because He finished, there is always hope.

Elder M. Russell Ballard:
Our quest is to bask in the light of Christ.
It seems to me that the Sabbath should bring a smile to our faces.
Our ministering efforts will be successful if we keep our ministering simple.

Elder Neil L. Anderson:
We live with information and opinion overload.
There always have been counterfeits to distract God's children from truth.
Should we really be surprised when the Lord's prophets declare His will and questions remain?
The Savior is the source of all truth that really matters.

Becky Craven:
There is a careful way and a casual way to do everything, including living the gospel.
There is not a right way to do the wrong thing.
As a covenant people, we were not meant to blend in with the rest of the world.
It's impossible to live a perfect life. Although we may not be perfect, we can be worthy.
Deep and lasting happiness comes by intentionally and careful living the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Tad R. Callister:
You cannot sink further than the light of Christ can reach.
With increased understanding comes an increased desire to forgive ourselves and others.
If we feel the Spirit it's a witness we are forgiven or are moving forward in the repentance process.
Perhaps the memory of guilt is a warning, a spiritual stop sign, a protection.
Sometimes He removes the affliction. Sometimes He strengthens is to endure. Sometimes He gives us an eternal perspective to show us the affliction's temporary nature.
Because of the Savior's atonement we can have an eternal perspective that gives meaning to our trials.
Every time you acquire a gift of the spirit we become more like God.

Elder Ulisses Suarez:
The best teacher is a good role model.
Actions speak louder than words.
For church members experiencing sadness, agony or regret over loved ones who distance themselves from faith: Love, embrace and pray for them. Sincerely rejoice with them in their successes. Be their friends and look for the good in them. We should never give up on them but preserve our relationships. Never reject or misjudge them. Just love them.
Hope is an important part of the gospel plan.

Elder Juan Pablo Villar:
Our muscles grow only when we use them. Exercise our spiritual muscles and develop them into a source of strength in our lives.
Identify those spiritual muscles that need more activity and exercise them.
To develop faith, let's do things that require faith.

President Russell M. Nelson:
Despite all kinds of sins from all kinds of people, his arms are stretched out still.
Salvation is an individual matter, but exaltation is a family matter.
Do the spiritual work to find out for yourselves and please do it now. Time is running out.

At Least 24 Promises and Blessings from General Conference HERE


dear quotes, 




This is a very inspirational story if you want to take 5 minutes to read it.  It's about a woman who took nine years to finally get to run the Boston Marathon.  She will be running it in less than two weeks on April 15th!

These are posts from a guy on the Boston page that posts little snippets each day.  Some of them are really quite profound....
Tony Garcia to Boston Marathon Training
As we draw ever closer.
It’s just about time.
Time to turn down the volume: Quiet the noise little one. Listen not to the echoes of those who do not believe. Listen not to the doubts that call from the darkness. Turn down the volume. And in the quiet, only your breath and heartbeat will be heard. One speaks to your calm. One speaks to your strength. This, is all you ever need listen to.
Time to turn inward: Stop looking at what others are doing. This is but a distraction. As is anything that takes away from your journey. Conserve your energy. Know your energy drains, and remove yourself from them. Establish your priorities. Do not waver from them. Be about what you need. This is not selfishness. This, is taking care of you.
Time to heal: You must rest little one. Your body is now tired. Your mind weary. Both must be healed. Cared for. Slow your harried pace. Slow your frenzied thoughts. It will all come together, for the work has been done. What remains is simply the time between now and what you will surely accomplish. A rested body will reward you. A rested mind will propel you. This, is what healing looks like.
Time to spring clean: Consider all the baggage you are still holding onto. To what purpose? It merely takes up space, weighs you down, keeps you from moving forward. Fears, regrets, past failures, worn excuses. The baggage. Get rid of it. Now is all about renewal, cleansing, removing the clutter. Unencumbered, the hills will not seem so difficult, the finish not so far, the dream not so impossible. This, is to run free.
It’s about time. ~G
Tony Garcia
As we draw ever closer.
Ways to becoming unstressed.
Unlock: Unlock yourself from yesterday. You need not remain a prisoner to it. It is called the past because you are past it. It is stationary. You have moved beyond it. It is unable to be changed. You are changing. Let it go.
Untangle: Untangle yourself from doubt. You are so wrapped up in it, it has become a straight jacket. It is difficult to achieve anything bound by doubt. If you simply believed as hard as you doubted, you would free yourself.
Unfollow: Unfollow the pace, path, and drama of others. So much of your stress is the result of paying too much attention to what others are doing. Whether you are trying to keep up with them, attempting to walk their way, or playing into their drama, it is energy and time wasted. Go your own way.
Unattach: Unattach yourself from the opinion of others. Nothing. Absolutely nothing anyone thinks about you or says about you alters your truth. And yet, if a single negative opinion is uttered, you let it attach itself to you like cling wrap. Firmly grasp your own undeniable truth about yourself. Everything else is just noise.
Unpopulate: Unpopulate your “friends” list. You do not require 2,718 friends. You need 6. One to tell you hard, real truths. One to whisper, “Hello Beautiful”. One to fan your flame. One to sit with your darkness. One with which to dance. One who will always be there.
Unearth: Unearth your inner child. So long ago, you hid away that magical, beautiful, loving being. Giggle. Smile. Sing. Dance. Hug. Share. Imagine. Create. Dream. Dare. Take naps. Make believe. Do all things with joy. Return to her/him.
Un-stress yourself. ~G
#unstress
#💙💛
Tony Garcia
Page 88.
As we draw ever closer.
Things you need never fear.
1. The starting line: If you must fear, be afraid to never start. Be afraid to never fail. You need never fear beginnings. They offer possibilities, opportunities, and awakenings. Seek out as many starting lines as you can. For as you stand before them, you will begin to get a sense of who you can become.
2. The distant hills: Looming in the distance, they appear as mountains. As if they are insurmountable. You need never fear the climb. You see, the hills ahead are simply waiting for you to be strong enough to conquer them. And as long as you keep moving towards them, you are gaining that strength.
3. The rolling thunder: Do not seek shelter. Do not cower. You need never fear the thunder. It is simply the clap of the universe, signaling the storm has arrived. You are the storm. And the universe offers its applause.
4. The dream given you: The dream has not been placed within you for safekeeping. You need never fear showing off your dream. It is not intended to be buried and locked away. Take it out. Try it on for size. If it does not fit, do not shrink it. Rather, grow into it.
5. The finishing time: You need never fear the numbers displayed. For your greatest triumph will occur when you embrace this singular truth: there is no calculating device capable of measuring the worth of you. It simply reflects that you found the courage to start, had the strength to climb, became the storm, and grew into the dream. And that, is a victory.
You need never fear. ~G
#nofear
#💙💛








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails