Monday, May 6, 2019

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRYCE!!!  My third born turned 28 today!  Here is my FB post:
[̲̅̅H̲̅][̲̅̅A̲̅][̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅].ː̗̤̣̀̈̇ː̖́..ː̗̤̣̀̈̇ː̖́.[̲̅̅B̲̅][̲̅̅I̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅T̲̅][̲̅̅H̲̅][̲̅̅D̲̅][̲̅̅A̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅].ː̗̀ to my third born son Bryce! What a ride it's been with you!! You have been full of life and adventure since day one and there has never been a dull moment with you around! You have kept me on my toes (and knees!) with your adventurous spirit, but you brighten up my life and I am so proud of you and for all you've achieved and for what an incredibly hard worker you are. You have a quiet nature but you also have the kindest heart I know and are always so grateful and would give the shirt off your back for anyone. That mischievous smile of yours will always melt my heart! Picture overload I know, but I LOVE pictures and the stories they tell and the cherished memories they bring to my heart. I love you and I hope you have an amazing day! 


Image may contain: 7 people, including Haylie Anne Cunningham and Bryce Wilding, people smiling, outdoor
Image may contain: 5 people, including Bryce Wilding, people smiling, people standing and outdoor
Image may contain: 9 people, including Bryce Wilding, people smiling, hat and child





























This guy truly is an amazing son.  He is honestly the nicest, most patient, kindest, generous soul I know.  He is very quiet and doesn't say much, but his heart is huge and he is just the greatest human.  Bryce is probably the hardest worker I know.  It doesn't matter if he put in 18 hours at work, he still comes home and will empty the dishwasher if it needs to be (without being asked) and goes above and beyond in all areas of his life.  He is so unselfish and giving. He would literally give anyone the shirt off his back if they needed it.  He ALWAYS puts others before himself and I am so grateful to have him as a son. 

Haylie posted some cute photos on her page as well.  ↓
These littles just love him so much!



I made him a Better Than Tom Cruise cake and cleaned the house.  I ran to Walmart and found him a couple more gifts.  I made dinner and then we had the party.
This just cracked me up!  They are watching for Grammy and Grampy.  You can see Grammy peering in the left window in the second photo. haha
Bryce got a dog for his birthday!  (I wish!) haha  It's really Brinlee's.
My parents, Dave's parents, Sky and crew, and Linda and Lynn all came and Bryce and Hailey and kids.  It was fun.  He got some good stuff. The kids were all adorable.  They crack me up.  It was fun.  Carson got all sad and I couldn't figure out why. Sarah told me he was jealous of Liam and wants me to himself. LOL  It was cute.  
I'm in heaven!
I love when the boys show their affection through rough housing.  LOL


I did my PT and Carson joined me.  We watched a movie and colored. 


dear tuesday, today I had my harp lesson but not until 10.  I practiced in the morning before I left.  My lesson went well.  I felt good about it even though I still can't seem to play Gigue for her the way I practice it at home.  I ran some errands and checked out Shopko in Riverdale. I had several returns to make as well. I came home and made a spaghetti pie. McKay has moved back and so I wanted to make dinner for him and that was the quickest thing I could think of. It was really tasty.  Dave had meetings.  I did my PT.


Bob M dropped this box of Idle Isle chocolates and a nice card from him and his wife. I thought it was so kind and thoughtful.  People are just so sweet. He knows how hard it is to not be able to run when it's your life.
Mr. Cat hanging out with the turks today.

dear wednesday, today is officially MAY DAY!  And in honor of May Day it snowed!  And hailed.  And rained.  We didn't get much....but that's spring in Utah.  You get all four seasons in one day.  
Image may contain: outdoor
Dave and I headed to Layton to meet with Sarah and Sky to look at the lot they want to buy. 
We went through the model homes and it was really fun. I love the one they choose.  It's a great location and I really hope they can get it. 
 Carson was so cute.  I loved seeing him inside the homes.  He is such a funny guy.  These remind me of Tyson!  I need to go find the pic of Tyson doing this exact thing...
Tyson and Carson would have been great buds.  In fact, I truly believe they already are and Tyson had something to do with putting this sweet little guy in our lives.  They remind me of each other in so many ways.

I took a few photos more for decor ideas.  
Then we went to lunch at Famous Dave's because I had a $50 gift card I forgot about.  It wasn't my favorite food, but okay.  We watched it snow while eating.  Luckily it didn't stick.  

Carson had to rush to Kindergarten and we headed home so I could get to my PT at 2:30.  When we got home, McKay had moved back home. Yay!  It's always so nice to have him back.  He got a 4.0 this semester!  Woot woot!

PT went well.  I am now between a 1 and 0 on my extension warmed up!  I wasn't sure I would ever hear that!  Rob gave me a fist bump and told me great job.  He said he has some patients that won't do the stuff at home and it's so important.  Sounds like he is now telling them to do the push down once every hour on the hour since I told him Dr. Holmstrom is having me do that.  It has worked!  But, I do it several times a day. He said he has a guy stuck at a 12 and asked how often he is doing it and he said three total in three days.

dear thursday, today I had a hair appt in the morning.  She told me I should get a halo so I wouldn't be mad when she trimmed so much off.  LOL  Maybe.  I came home and McKay and I chatted while I made sour cream chicken enchiladas for dinner.  I also made lemon bars because we had to take dinner to Dave's parents. They are my weakness.  Sometimes worse than brownies or chocolate cake.  Hah  Dave came home for lunch.  McKay headed to the surf place.  He took a girl but said it wasn't a date.  I ran some errands. Dave delivered the dinner. We didn't see Bryce. I went to my ministering interview at the church with Becky. She was so nice and concerned.  Everyone is so nice. I chatted with Cheryl, our new RS Pres for a bit. She said at PB today everyone was asking about me and how I am doing. I worked on catching this blog up for a while.  I feel like it takes too much of my time.  I need to figure out a solution. 


dear friday, today I had my PT in the morning.  It was a great day!  I got to a ZERO on my extension!!!  Well, when it is warm!  It is still a 5 cold and I need it to be a ZERO cold before I really celebrate, but I still celebrated and ran and got fritters for everyone at Kent's Fritter Friday!  
Before I did that, I stopped by to see Julie and her mom. Her mom broke her hip yesterday and had surgery last night. Darin was heading to her room to do PT on her and so we walked together.  She was very sweet and cute. I didn't stay too long, but I am glad I was able to stop by.  Then I headed to Kents and grabbed some fritters for fritter Friday and then back to PT to deliver then and then to Costa Vida for a lunch with some ward ladies.  We ate outside and it was a bit nippy!  It was fun.  I love getting to know everyone a bit better. I was really happy Jen came even though it was basically moving day for them tomorrow. 
I am so sad they are leaving our ward and neighborhood.  I am not a fan of change.  Never have been.  I went to Seagull with Cheryl and Joy for a bit.  Then ran a couple more errands and headed home.  I did some cleaning and catching up.  I should have practiced the harp but didn't.  Dave came home and after working on this for a bit we headed to check out the lot for the storage bays and then hit Firehouse Pizza for FHZookies but ended up getting pizza and salad too.  It was yummy.  I wasn't going to even eat anything for dinner because I was pretty full from lunch.  I will pay for it, but it was so good.  
We had a good chat about my health stuff and other things.  We haven't really been on a real date in a very long time.  It was fun. When we got home we were blasted with the powerful smell of gasoline.  I LOVE that smell, but this was ridiculous. It was so potent and strong. I got a headache and my eyes started burning. I opened a ton of windows and I couldn't sleep.  McKay spilled some in the garage but it was not evaporating.  YUCK!  Needless to say I didn't get much sleep.

This popped up on my memories today:

Jodi  updated her status.  May 3, 2017 at 5:28 PM

In honor of upcoming Mother's Day: ALL ABOUT YOUR FIRST BORN
1. Were you married? Yes
2. Did you have an epidural? Yes. It was the only one that worked out of the five boys. The rest only took on one side.
3. Were you induced? No
4. How old were you? 23
5. How did you find out? Felt green so took the test
6. Did you want to find out the sex? They didn't do that back then, but even if they did, I don't think I would have
7. Due Date? March 25th-ish
8. Did you deliver early or late?Three weeks early
9. Did you have morning sickness? Morning, Afternoon, and Evening
10. What did you crave? KFC mashed potatoes and gravy and strawberries
11. How many pounds did you gain? 24
12. What was the sex of the baby? Boy
13. Did you have any complications? No
14. Where did you give birth? Brigham City, Utah
15. How many hours were you in labor? 8 hours
16. How much did your baby weigh? 6 lbs. 15 oz.
17. What did you name the baby? Skyler David

18. How old is your baby today? 32

dear saturday, today I headed to the high school to get in some walking. The parking lot was not an option because it was full of horses and buggies and covered wagons.  
Today there is a parade celebrating the 150th anniversary of the Golden Spike.  I got in 2.5 miles!!! Yippee!  I was slow as tar but it felt so good to be out there at least walking!  It was pretty painful and I hope I'm not damaging things but helping them instead.  I walked around the track for most of the time and then in the parking lot across the street from the school. I only found three coins.  
Ohhh, how bad I wanted to but knew it was impossible at the moment.  Not sure why I have an urge to hurdle when I see one set up, but the struggle is real.  Hah
I only posted this one mile time because the other 1.5 miles was broken up in two other times.  It was much slower than this. I called my mom and we chatted for over an hour. I decided to check out the parade on my way home. I went to Kents and had to wait for a while. I sat in my car and cleaned out my purse while I talked to my mom.  Then I got out when it started. It was pretty cool.  Lots of peeps from out of state came to be in it.

150 year anniversary of the Golden Spike!
I came home and practiced the harp.  Sky and crew arrived and right after Dave and I had to go to the Stake Conference adult meeting.  Kathryn and Allie had saved me a seat where we always sit. I was grateful.  The meeting was excellent. Derek Law sang a song he wrote and his two little girls joined him and it was beautiful.  He is so gifted and I am not sure there was a dry eye in the building.  It was so tender.  All the speakers had so many great things but I have to say Dave's touched me the most.  He didn't have the kind of talk where he lists things to do better or anything like that but he spoke with the spirit and he has a way of speaking that goes straight to the core of your heart.  His message touched me and had me in tears.  It kind of worries me in some ways because I fear he is just going to keep getting called once he is done with this one and I think he needs time to just be.  But, I understand that is not how the Lord works. The meeting got over early and Dave let us out early.  That is one thing he will be known for.  That meeting used to always be two hours but tonight we got out by 8:20 instead of 9:00.  
 This was the comments on Derek's wife sweet photo of him and his girls from singing tonight:
Jodi VanDenakker Wilding It was the sweetest thing and his voice is beyond amazing! I’m not sure there were many dry eyes. What a gift he has! And those two little adorable girls are following in his footsteps!
2

  • Derek Law Jodi VanDenakker Wilding Thank you! It was so good to see you on Saturday night! Ali told me you’d walked a mile that day. I know how near impossible it is to try to keep pace with you for 26.2 miles. I also know that at times, one mile can seem more daunting than 26.2. You inspire me to live life more fully. I’m routing for you!
Carson was happy to see us when we got home.  But it was almost bedtime.  I headed up to do my PT and I got a little tender mercy because the movie Patriot's Day was on a regular channel and had been edited to a PG 13 rating. I have wanted to see it for years because it's about the Boston Marathon bombings but it is rated R and I don't watch R movies.  I watched part of it and recorded the rest because it was late.  But it was pretty violent even edited. I may just watch the first part about the race and call it good.

dear sunday, today was Stake Conference and so since we had a little more time, I decided to make Buttermilk pancakes with Buttermilk syrup.  YUM!  If I do say so myself!  
Here is the recipe:
BUTTERMILK SYRUP 
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup unsalted butter 
1 cup sugar 
1 cup buttermilk (I make my own by adding 1 Tbl vinegar to 1 cup of milk)
2 teaspoons vanilla 
1 tablespoon Light karo syrup 
1/2 teaspoon baking soda 
INSTRUCTIONS:
In a large pot or saucepan over medium heat add the butter, sugar, buttermilk, vanilla and karo syrup. Heat until everything is well combined and bring to a boil. Quickly remove the pot from the heat and add the baking soda, place back over the heat, stirring constantly. The syrup will grow large and threaten to boil over which is why a large pot is essential. If it gets too close to the edge remove from the burner and continue stirring to bring it down. Stir for 30 seconds over the heat (I often just take mine off so I don't risk boiling over) and serve immediately.







MELT IN YOUR MOUTH BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
Melt in Your Mouth Buttermilk Pancakes
The absolute best recipe (after testing hundreds) for buttermilk pancakes. In fact, these are melt in your mouth buttermilk pancakes! From Sweet Basil

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 cups of sifted flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 eggs, slightly whisked
  • 2 cups of buttermilk
  • 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted and melted

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Preheat a griddle to medium heat.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour and sugar.
  3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and buttermilk.
  4. Drizzle in the butter as you continue to whisk.
  5. Switch to a wooden spoon and make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
  6. Pour in the wet ingredients and stir until almost completely combined.
  7. Please remember, the more you stir pancakes the more flat and tough they will be so please mix until a few streaks of flour are remaining.
  8. Butter the griddle and scoop 1/3 cup of batter and cook until bubbles begin to form, flip and cook until golden.
We headed to the tabernacle for Stake Conference.  We sat by the Garrett's and Dave's parents.  It was a good meeting.  We didn't have a visiting authority this time and it was kind of nice to get to hear from both his counselors.  They did a great job.  Dave's talk had me in tears again.  He talked about adversity and trials and talked about losing Tyson and his choice of how to handle it after.  He prefaced it with several examples of things members of our stake are going through.  A 28 year old mom died from a stroke leaving behind a newborn and two small children. He mentioned another member just lost his wife of 38 years on Friday to cancer. He also said, "Or a person who runs marathons being told by her doctor that she might never walk normally again".  It was hard to hear it put like that.  I had silent tears that I was trying to control.  He went on to talk about the importance of how we react to our trials.  Then he told the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and how they had faith in the Lord to deliver them but said, "BUT IF NOT....".  And we need to have that faith but also be willing to accept the Lord's will.  It was very poignant.  He is an amazing speaker.  A sister next to me told me how much she always enjoys his messages and how he has such a gift at speaking.  She asked me how I was doing. It's my running friend Colleen's mother in law.  I chatted with several people. The Horton's came over and gave me a huge hug.  Several others were so kind and nice.  Here is Carson's picture he drew. 

We came home and BBQ burgers. I made a macaroni salad and Sky made the most amazing burgers!  He put a ton of spices and ingredients in them and they were the best burgers ever.  He is a gifted cook.  It was yummy.   

We text Bryce and him and Haylie and the kids stopped by and had some as well.  We had fun chatting and the kids were so cute. Liam was so tired and he just wanted his mama.  That is until Dave walked in and then he just wanted him.  He loves him.  

It's pretty cute. Dave then made homemade ice cream and brownies.  I decided to call my parents and invite them for ice cream.  Just before they arrived Bryce and crew had to leave for a party.  But they came back after a while.  We had fun visiting and went outside.  The kids were playing catch the ball that Dave was throwing.  Liam was so adorable.  They all were. I just love having little ones around again.  

There is nothing like the innocence of a small child to make life seem grand.  Everyone left about 8 pm except Sky and crew.  They stayed a little longer.  Carson took a bath because he got super dirty in the sandbox.  I was up pretty late doing my PT. 
This is Dave's mom's homemade ice cream recipe.

dear random

This  ↑ was posted on our 40th reunion page.  Made me smile to even be in the same company as Ed and William.  Ed has his own Wikipedia page HERE.  And William's story can be read HERE as well as many other places.  So, I decided to do a google search of my name with Boston Marathon after it and THIS popped up!  I do not believe I have seen this before!!!  LOL  This photo wasn't in the published paper but it was online.  

And then THIS ↑ one showed up as well.  Hmmm...
And this....↓







HERE is the REAL link to the actual story that was in the published paper that I have seen.  This is just screen shots from the online version.  










All of this was in the images of my search.  Hmmm..... I am thinking VERY seriously about going private on my blog now.  I guess I was clueless all this was out there.  I am not sure what to do.  Idea???

This ↑ also had a link on Google.  I never saw any of these things!  Probably because I was IN Boston when they were posted.

I also found these online when I was searching for another race result of mine.  


I am posting here because I want to have a place for the records of at least some of my races.  This is far from all of the races I have run, only the ones that somehow got linked up to this website and it wasn't by me.  In fact, there is one on here that I did not even run but sold the bib, (Utah Valley Half), but the time isn't too bad whoever it was I sold it to.  Kinda funny.  It tired to delete it but it wouldn't let me.  I know it's a collage, but if I ever need the results at least I can enlarge.


Sorry if I already added these below...  But no time to go back and check.  So twice is better than none.
Definitely my favorite picture with this boy. I should frame it! 

 With Sherrie Dew and Jenniece at our National AMI convention a few years ago at Little America
 Cute Carson
Karen and Aubrey showing me the chocolate stuff they found in NYC

Gorgeous couple

dear quotes, 
Our unwanted & unexpected can be hard & we wonder if God really does care or if He’s even there at all.
But what if we have it all backwards? What if there’s another way to look at it all?
What if our narrow view & desires are stopping us from allowing God to show us how great He really is?
What if He knows something we don’t? What if He has something else in mind? Something greater?
I think we forget that. I think we forget that the unexpected is God intervening. I think we forget that His whole purpose is to bring us to the best things. I think we forget that we don’t truly want things our way.
I think we forget how THRILLING it is to live by faith. It’s all my unplanned & un-readiness that has really made my relationship with God personal and real. It’s made trusting in Him possible & desirable. I have really learned to continue to push through the hard, *love the unexpected & actually look forward to the unwanted b/c it’s always* brought me to my favorite things, even if the path was long & uncharted.
And what a ride it’s been.
Take heart in things not going how you wanted, take heart in your unexpected, in your hard, in your confusing, & unplanned,
it’s God hand-crafting a path that absolutely
will be greater than we ever could have pick for,
or been ready for, or planned, or prepared for ourselves. Because He knows something we don’t.

With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.
- Wayne W. Dyer


_____________________________________

These 20 Pictures Will Teach You More Than Reading 

100 Books

(continued)
LINK HERE (for full article)

5. You Make Or Break Your Life Before 8AM
“Lose an hour in the morning, and you will spend all day looking for it.”Richard Whately
Having a powerful morning routine is important for all of the reasons listed above.
If you do not start right, you will have a hard time reversing negative momentum.
If you do not start right, you signal to yourself that you’re completely fine with the status-quo.
If you do not start right, you decrease your motivation and confidence throughout the day, which leads to increasingly impulsive and negative decision-making. It’s a vicious cycle.
You make or break your life with how you start your day. However, beyond simply starting right, you need to design correctly. The ordering of how you engage your morning routine matters.
You need to put first things first.
You need to know your triggers. What are those things that will completely throw you off? How can you control for those?
If you design your day correctly, you can get more done by noon than most people get done in a full week. But the order of operations matters. Don’t try to multitask and don’t try to do too many things. Deep work is far more important than shallow. Staying focused on one thing for a long period of time will create more long-term results than doing lots of little things that may give you short-term dopamine and seduce you into thinking you’re actually doing something powerful.

6. 100% Is Easier Than 98%
“If you give in to “just this once,” based on a marginal-cost analysis, you’ll regret where you end up. That’s the lesson I learned: it’s easier to hold to your principles 100 percent of the time than it is to hold to them 98 percent of the time. The boundaryyour personal moral lineis powerful because you dont cross it; if you have justified doing it once, theres nothing to stop you doing it again. Decide what you stand for. And then stand for it all the time.Clayton Christensen, Harvard Business Professor

“Willpower is for people who are still uncertain about what they want to do.”Helia
Anything less than 100% doesn’t work for most people. 100% commitment is what creates resolve. Once you’re fully resolved about what you’re going to do, you then go about creating environments and circumstances that make that commitment real.
Trying to be 98% committed to something doesn’t work because it leaves everything up to chance. For example, if you’re trying to eat healthily, but haven’t fully decided BEFOREHAND what you’re going to do, then you’re always living reactively to the situation at hand.
98% commitment is a slippery slope. When you’re not completely certain what you’re going to do in a given situation, you must then rely on willpower. And of course, with enough experience, you quickly come to realize that willpower doesn’t work so well.
The decision is far more powerful.
There’s a reason most people live far beneath what they could. They never make truly committed decisions and then stick to those decisions.
There is huge fear in making true decisions because eliminating options feels like a loss of freedom. The opposite is true, though. Without making a true decision, you are constantly being swayed by outside forces. You don’t actually know what you want or what you’ll do. Even being 98% committed to something means you’re still undecided.
The opposite of making a true decision and thus “cutting off” all alternative options is to leave your options open. When you leave options open, then you don’t actually know what you’ll do in a given circumstance. If you’re 98% committed to your diet, then in every situation you’re in, you don’t know what the outcome will be.
Is this situation one of those 2% of times when you don’t follow through?
When you don’t know what you’re going to do, then you’re required to go back-and-forth in your mind in every situation about what you’re going to do. Having to consider and think through your behavior is extremely taxingon your willpower, which is often called “decision fatigue” by psychologists.
What decision fatigue means is that, the more decisions you have to make in a given period of time, the less quality those decisions will be. You “exhaust” or “fatigue” your ability to make clear decisions and instead, the power of the situation usually wins.
Because few people have mastered the ability to make true decisions about what they want, it is common and ordinary for people to be heavily influenced by external influences.
Indeed, the entire field of social psychology is based on the notion that a person’s context is the most powerful predictor of how they’ll behave. Situations are more powerful than people. Undecided people, that is.
When you’re undecided as a person, the world seems based on fate and random. Moreover, because your behavior is unpredictable and situation-based, you can’t have a clear sense of identity.
If you’re tired, then the snooze button will probably be pushed.
If the restaurant has your favorite dessert, you’re probably going to eat it.
If you have a cellphone, you’ll probably spend huge amounts of time distracted on the internet.
Directionless.
Unstable.
Confused.
Frustrated.
Reactive.
Indecisive.
Regretful.
Willpower doesn’t work because situations are more powerful than undecided people. However, once a person has made a true decision, and thus a 100% commitment, then the situation no longer determines what they will do.
They’ve cut-off the option to engage in certain behaviors.
They’ve shifted their focus to what they want rather than having to continually “resist” the temptations of what they’re trying to avoid.
They’ve created a new identity that no longer identifies nor is concerned for certain choices.
They’ve designed their environment to resonate with their values and goals so they no longer need to even think about alternative options.
When you commit 100% to something and then begin acting accordingly, you develop confidence and self-trust.
As your confidence increases, you stop needing to exercise willpower and “self-control” to do the right thing. Instead, your desire to continue seeking your goals increases and your desire for distractions diminishes.

7. When You Make A Decision The Universe Conspires To Make It Happen
“Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.”Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”Napoleon Hill
Every single day, you need to make powerful decisions. When you make a committed decision, you signal to yourself and the universe that you’re serious about this.
If you really really want to change your life, you must make that decision. It must be firm and resolute. It’s okay if you fail along the way. But in order for it to be a true decision, you must be willing to see it through to the end.
In order to see it through, you must live in accordance every single day. You should start and end your day by writing down and visualizing the completion of your decision.

8. Write It Down Watch It Happen
“Writing organizes and clarifies our thoughts. Writing is how we think our way into a subject and make it our own. Writing enables us to find out what we knowand what we dont knowabout whatever were trying to learn.William Zinsser
When you write down your dreams in vivid detail, you begin to engage both your conscious and subconscious minds. Drawing out your dreams in the form of a mind-map is also very powerful for engaging both sides of your brain.
Writing down your dreams and deeply visualizing them will make them more emotional for you. Until your dreams become emotional, they won’t be powerful enough. You need to reconstruct your identity and memory through developing a new and emotionally-driven vision of your future.
As you write your dreams down every single day, write down the ways in which you will actually achieve those dreams. Focus more on WHO than HOW. When you focus on WHO, you allow yourself to think much bigger.
WHO can help you achieve this?
WHO do you need to learn from and be mentored by?
WHO has the networks and connections and capabilities to help you achieve this?
WHO can take everything else off your plate so you can focus on what you do best?
WHO-thinking immediately takes your vision to a much higher level.
As you write down your dreams and goals, the right people will start popping into your mind. A key part of your success will be learning how to position yourself such that you can connect and collaborate with the right WHO’s.
You’ll need to first develop lots of personal capability yourself in order to be someone worth connecting and collaborating with. You need to:
·         Make a firm and committed decision about what you want to become a master of
·         Embrace fully the “process” of development
·         Only care about what certain people think and ignore everyone else
·         Become so good you cannot be ignored
·         Help the right people further their goals
·         Invest in the right mentorships
·         Make it about your mentor’s goals
·         Be a giver
·         Never lose track of your WHY
·         Never become complacent about the success you experience
·         Make huge requests
·         Ask to collaborate with your heroes once you’ve established credibility and helped them in incredible ways
All of this stuff can and should happen in your journal long before it occurs in reality. You then act and continue acting in powerful ways and watch as your journal entries become more vivid and clear. Watch as your goals become realities quicker and quicker and quicker.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails