Monday, May 13, 2019

*Monday Memos*


*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, today it was nice to have McKay home for a while. Taylor moved back this afternoon.  McKay will be working everyday and Taylor will also be heading back and forth to Logan to work and volunteer at the Fire Station.  But it will be nice to see them more often. I ran a few errands.  I had to get more of the scholarship applicants for Tyson's scholarship at the high school and I sat in the car and read them. There were seven more and I am sad to say with 12 total now, there isn't really one that I feel is deserving of it.  I am very picky with who I pick because it is representing Tyson and he truly did overcome a lot of difficult challenges with courage and strength not to mention a great attitude.  They have all had challenges to be sure, who doesn't?  But most of them were things like mild depression, divorced parents, scholastic struggles, addictions, all definitely struggles, etc.  I am not downplaying them at all, don't get me wrong here, but the degree to which they struggled as far as their essays revealed wasn't quite par for what we are hoping for to represent Tyson's memory.  Others have some pretty bizarre things they wrote about.  I won't even mention a couple of those, but this year was a very weird year.  After reading them, I just felt like the youth now days are dealing with a lot of crazy and hard things, but yet the ones that applied this year weren't in the same ballpark. The sad thing is there are several students who would meet the standard but for whatever reason didn't apply.  At this point, we are not going to issue it this year.  I am just not sure how I can.  
With last year's recipient. I was going to collage all the winners over the years, but ran out of time.

I went to Secrist's to get some plants for our rocks. 
Then I headed to Walmart to get some porch plant stuff. The guy was super nice to me and discounted a few.  I talked to Kim for a bit. 
I came home and Taylor was moving his stuff back in.  I practiced the harp and I was amazed at how easy it came tonight.  Felt good. I made homemade buttermilk pancakes for dinner because I knew Taylor would love them and he missed out yesterday.

The temple flowers looked so pretty today! 
The First Presidency sent the following letter Monday to Church leaders:
We affirm that the sealing of a man and woman in the temple offers eternal blessings to the couple and their posterity that can be gained in no other way. We encourage all such couples to qualify for sealing ordinances and blessings.
The policy requiring couples who have been married civilly to wait one year before being sealed is now discontinued. Couples who have been married civilly may be sealed in the temple when they receive their temple recommends.
Where possible, leaders should encourage couples to be both married and sealed in the temple. Where a licensed marriage is not permitted in the temple, or when a temple marriage would cause parents or immediate family members to feel excluded, a civil ceremony followed by a temple sealing is authorized.
We are grateful for your dedicated and inspired leadership in helping members understand, prepare for, and enjoy the blessings of eternal marriage.
For more information, read Church Newsroom’s article: https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/…/couples-married-civilly-au…

WOW!  How cool is that!?  Just 37 years too late for me and my parents, but I am grateful for the change nonetheless.

dear tuesday, I read this great article HERE on the Boston Marathon this year. I still can't get enough of it. LOL  I had PT this morning.  It was POURING rain when I headed for my car after.  I met Robin at Maddox for lunch right after.  We requested McKay.  He was the best waiter.  He gave us extra rolls and cake and drinks.  He was awesome.  We stayed over three hours and chatted.  He told us no rush because it was super slow.  He also told me when he got home that no one ever stays three hours but us.  Hah  We had a lot to catch up on.  LOL  
I had RS Super Tuesday.  I headed over and I did the pop can flowers. It rained on us when we were trying to spray paint them and they wouldn't dry. Kind of a mess.  Oh well. I also made a succulent. Only because it was purple. Hah  

dear wednesday, I AM SO FRUSTRATED!  I had a full week on here with photos downloaded and all but ready to go and it has totally disappeared!  It was two weeks ago and so there is no way I am ever going to be able to remember what happened. Grrrr!!! Not sure how it happened but I am wondering if this is even worth the time it takes.  I truly wonder that a lot.  It does take a lot of time and then to have it just vanish.  Ugh!  I got up and practiced my harp and then headed to my lesson. It went really well. I feel like I am getting it back and it feels good. Nanette was very happy with Gigue and said it is almost there.  I can't wait to pass it off! I have a ton to practice.  I could honestly practice two hours a day and not get it all in.  I headed to the boutique right after in hopes of finding gifts for Mother's Day.  I ended up finding some for me instead. Hah  I found a gorgeous heart shaped amethyst rock!  I text Dave the photo and he said yes!  It was not cheap, but he was grateful to have something to give me. I also got a new purple dress that I love!  
I ran to Home Goods and found my mom some things. Then I headed to O town to Costco, Michael's, TJMaxx, etc and a few other places.  I was shopped out. I came home and Dave had meetings.

dear thursday, today I had Homemakers.

I had to take part of the refreshments. I decided to make mini lemon tarts. They turned out pretty cute.  
I headed over early to set up. Linda and Chris showed up to help.  We had a guest coming to talk about a thing called Welcome Baby.  We gave her some time and then we started with the Favorite Things meeting. It's always good.  I told them we had decided to stay on for another year as their presidency.  They were happy, or grateful. Hah  But we offered it out for anyone that wanted to do it.  It has been pretty easy and so we decided to do it again since we finally know what we are doing now.  

With my cute officers Linda and Chris.
I will add the notes of what peeps brought here that I made up for the Facebook page.
WRINKLE RELEASE SPRAY -DIY
1 cup distilled or bottled water
1 tsp fabric softener
1 tsp rubbing alcohol
These are what I took this year.  Volcano Candle by Capri Blue, Linda Eyre's Grandmothering book, my L'ange blow dryer (it's cut blow drying time in half), Boogie Board, my blanket Robin gave me from Hallmark, and the wrinkle release spray.
Some of the things the other's brought.
Click to enlarge
Image may contain: text

Image may contain: text
I came home and made chicken enchilada's for dinner refried beans and a salad. Taylor was happy. Dave never made it home because he had to go straight to a coordinating council meeting in Tremonton for 4.5 hours.

dear friday, today is the 150th anniversary of the Golden Spike!  It was a huge celebration across the state.  I will add some pix that others have shared.  It is pretty cool.  President Nelson spoke at Promontory and there were many dignitaries there.  The governor, Mitt Romney, Lieut. Gov, Rob Bishop, etc.  I have never been out there but they said they had over 20,000 people!  John Wayne attended the 100th anniversary.  Pretty cool.  

I had PT this morning and it went well.  I now measure a TWO cold!  Woot Woot!  And a ONE warm! It's coming!  Now to get the ankle on board!  There was an intern there today. She was nice.  I ran some errands after.  Sky and Sarah brought Carson to go see Dave because the little guy is really sick. He didn't look good at all, but they said once I got home he perked up and it's the best he's been in three days.  They said I am the best medicine.  I hope so!  I went with them to take him to the clinic and it was so sad because he had to have his blood drawn and he was scared. I don't blame him. The lady used a big needle too. I wish I had said something, but at least she only had to poke him once.  He screamed and cried and it was so sad.  Poor little guy.  I felt so bad.  He has a virus.  
The art on the wall is from some of Dave's patients.  Too funny.
We went to Walmart to get his prescription and I told him I would buy him a prize.  He choose some craft stuff. No surprise.  We came home and I snuggled with him for a bit. He started feeling better.  Dave and I headed to Wendy English's viewing. We didn't have to wait in line too long.  We chatted to a lot of peeps, including Bro. Allred. I think he is 88 but the sweetest man ever.  I just love him.  He gave me a hug and asked how I was doing.  Chatted with Cheryl B. about a thing that might be able to stimulate my ankle bone.
Mr. Cat thinks he's king of the forest.

dear saturday, Carson was feeling a lot better when he woke up.  It's my magic.  Haha  I went to Wendy English's funeral. Dave spoke at the end and did an amazing job. He has a way...  It is hard to believe she is gone.  It was a staunch reminder of how short life is and how we need to cherish the moments.  She was an awesome person.  It made me want to try harder and be better.  Dave read the card she sent me when I was going through cancer and all this other stuff.  She also had a lunch for me when we first moved here so I could get to know people.  She was just a genuinely nice person.  I then ran to a shower for a girl in our ward.  I chatted with Julie and the others for a bit.  I left early because I had a lot to do.  
Sky and crew had left and so I headed on a walk at the high school. I got in two miles and found a good chunk of change again.  My ankle was really bothering me, but I still kept going. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever not hurt again.  But even if it always does, I don't care, I have a need to be out there exercising in nature.  If you call a high school pkg lot nature. LOL  
I ran to Wallies and got the rest of Mother's Day done. I ran into several peeps.  I got the dessert made for tomorrow at Scott's (Texas Sheet Cake) and then worked on a bunch of stuff.  Sky and crew arrived again. Carson was pretty tired and still not feeling himself so he went to bed earlier than normal and I headed up to do my PT. 
Mr. Cat is so sweet and some days he wants to be close to me.  Not most, but some. I'll take what I get.  LOL
Today I would have been running the Ogden Marathon.  These popped up on my memories from last year and another year.  I would give anything to be running it today!  EVEN in the rain!  Robin ran it today (the half) for me she said.  She is amazing. 

dear sunday, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

FB posts:
My greatest wish and desire was always to be a mother and now my greatest blessing in life has been to be a mother to these amazing sons. It has been even greater than I imagined and much more difficult than I ever dreamed. But even with all ups and downs of motherhood, there is nothing I love or cherish more! What a gift to be a mother! #cherishthemoments
I have been blessed to call this incredible woman my mother. I am so grateful for her in every way. She always has us laughing with her quick wit and keeps things fun and light. She is the most unselfish person I have ever known and continually puts others needs before her own. I always have said to know her is to love her. She becomes instant friends with people from only one conversation. You can't help but love my mom - aka Grammy, Mammy, and Suz. I am not sure how I was so blessed to get to have her as my mama, but I am so grateful. Happy Mother's Day Mom!!! I love you!!!
Image may contain: 8 people, including Jodi VanDenakker Wilding, people smiling, indoor

Happy Mother's Day to all you warrior mamas out there battling each and every day! You are doing a work that is of more importance and value than anything else you could be doing! #staystrong#motherhood #toughestjobyouwilleverlove 

We had to rush to church.  It was nice having everyone there with the exception of Bryce. The meeting was your typical Mother's Day program but without the Primary children singing. I was sad about that.  I was alone in my Sunbeam class but Brenda stayed with Rosalie and so she helped me. We filled out a little questionnaire about their mom.  They were cute. I only had 4 children.  But two new ones.  
We came home and I hurried and finished up the salad stuff and then we got Bryce home to take some photos.  They turned out fun.  WARNING PICTURE OVERLOAD!  We took SO many and not only on my camera but on Sarah's as well and the color and tone is completely different on each and so I couldn't choose so I added them all.  Actually, this is only a fraction of what was taken.  So feel free to just skip on by. 
Love this little man! 
I wanted a separate one with each of the boys because there have been so many times I go to try and find a good photo of me and one of them and I never have one.  Glad I got one now.
 I needed one with this guy too!
Or two... 
 Taken with two different cameras.  I like them both!

Can't get enough of this little man...


 Some fun and silly ones...
 Sarah took some of me by the gorgeous wisteria.  I wish our tree was in a place I could see it a bit better, but I sure do love those flowers!

I opened my gifts but Dave was gone to meetings and Bryce left to go back to Haylies.  Sky and Sarah gave me a gorgeous dress and earrings.  Taylor gave me Crumbl cookies and Bryce and Haylie gave me chocolate and a succulent in purple planter. They all gave me cards.  I got chocolate from the ward and a gift card from Dave's parents.  But the cards from my boys and Dave are always what I treasure the most:

When Dave got home we headed to Scott's.  He and Kevin had made Utah Noodle.  It was delicious. Bryce and Haylie and kids met us there.  We checked out Scott's chicks.  So cute.  Karen and Mickey arrived later having just got off a plane from their Europe trip. I'm so jealous. I want to get back there soon. 

We then went to my mom's.  It was fun though I don't think any of us were hungry.  But I do believe we ended up still eating. Hah  I chatted with everyone and found out Paigeley is going on a mission! I am so happy!  And so grateful she stayed in the church even though my bro has not.  Melinda and Emma were there as well.  I love little Kalani.  She is a hoot.  The littles had fun.  Liam was hilarious. He loves to eat.  Brinlee and Carson played so cute.  
Cyndi and Trevor's fam gave me the cutest card as well.

We got some photos.

Bryce and kids were here when we got home and I got a hilarious video of Liam eating a cupcake. That boy loves his food!  Taylor was laughing his head off.  


I had to do my PT pretty late. I was beat.  It was a nice Mother's Day. 

I took these pix of these pix.  It is her and my Dad's nine grandchildren. Figured I should have a long time ago and then next is of things I have given my mom most likely on Mother's Day long ago.  But good for the history.


dear random, Snapchat has a new feature to see what you would look like as the opposite sex.  Here are my boys as girls. Hehe.
 Skylerina
 Brycelee
 Taylorese
McKayla
I would have had some pretty girls!  hehe
And my husband ↓ er....wife.  LOL
Daveleen

How to Think THIS, Not That from Mel Robbins

Instead of: I hate my body.
Think THIS: My body isn’t exactly the way I want it to be right now, but I’m working on loving it more every day.

Instead Of: My house is a mess.
Think THIS: I am doing the best I can and for now, I will just focus on (putting in a load of laundry, emptying the trash, cleaning the kitchen sink, or whatever ONE thing you can do).

Instead of: I hate myself.
Think THIS: I love myself a little more every day.

Instead of: I have sooo much to do.
Think THIS: I can’t do everything, but today I can do SOMEthing.

Instead of: I always fail.
Think THIS: Failure is a chance to figure out what I can do better. I will learn from my mistakes and focus on the times in my life where I have succeeded.

Instead of: I don’t deserve this promotion.
Think THIS: I work hard and it feels good to be recognized for it.

Instead of: I don’t belong in this role.
Think THIS: I don’t have to know everything now. I can figure things out as I go and I know how to ask for help when I need it.

Instead of: I feel awful. I’m coming down with something.
Think THIS: My body is doing its best to heal and I am going to help it.

Instead of: I don’t like my nose.
Think THIS: I love my eyes. (Or hair, or muscles, or fingernails.)

Instead of: Nobody likes me.
Think THIS: The people that matter do like me because I am a good person.

Instead of: I am no good at socializing.
Think THIS: Today I am going to introduce myself to ONE new person and be curious about them instead of focusing on me.

Instead of: Now my whole day is ruined.
Think THIS: I am not going to let 10 minutes of bad hijack the rest of my day. Life is too short.

Instead of: It’s impossible.
Think THIS: Very few things are impossible. People used to say flying was impossible. I won’t know for sure unless I take action.

Instead of: I wish I hadn’t done that.
Think THIS: I can’t change the past, but I can learn from it and be a little better today than I was yesterday.

Instead of: I am too old.
Think THIS: My life may not be where I want it to be right now, but I have the power to change that, no matter what my age. As long as I’m breathing, I’m not too old to challenge myself.

Instead of: I don’t have enough.
Think THIS: I have what I need at this moment and I can figure out the rest.

Instead of: Nobody appreciates anything I do.
Think THIS: Today I will ask somebody for feedback.

Instead of: I’m not good enough.
Think THIS: Today I will do one thing to prove to myself that I am good enough.

Instead of: I’m not smart enough.
Think THIS: Smart people just put in the effort, and today that’s what I am going to do.

Instead of: Why can’t I have abs like those?
Think THIS: To get abs like those, I have to make a lot of sacrifices. If I’m not willing to put in the time and effort for abs like those, then I have to let it go.

Instead of: I don’t feel like it.
Think THIS: #doitanyway

dear quotes, 
 I am Affirmation and Gifts

WOW!
________________________________________________________________________________


These 20 Pictures Will Teach You More Than Reading 

100 Books

(continued)




9. We Tap Into A Vast Ocean Of Abundance
“Giving as you get acknowledges the Universe as truly abundant. Giving taps into the spiritual dimension that multiplies us, our thinking, and our results. The Enlightened Millionaire knows this: There is an ocean of abundance and one can tap into it with a teaspoon, a bucket, or a tractor trailer. The ocean doesn’t care.”The One Minute Millionaire
Everything you want is available to you. You just need to make the decision about what you want and how big you’ll play.

10. Gratitude Changes Everything It Touches
“When you change the way you see things, the things you see change.”Dr. Wayne Dyer
Expressing gratitude changes you. It changes how you see things. But it also changes whoever or whatever you’re grateful for.
There is potentially nothing in the world more powerful than gratitude. It is considered “the mother of all virtues.” The benefits of gratitude are endless. But more than anything, gratitude helps you realize the abundance of all around you. What you focus on expands. When you focus on the abundance, you invite an endless stream of it into your life.
Said Napoleon Hill:
“If you make your prayers an expression of gratitude and thanksgiving for the blessings you have already received, instead of requests for what you do not have, you will obtain results a great deal faster.”

11. Nothing Happens Until After You Commit
“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamt would have come his way.”William Hutchison Murray
If you’re serious about making huge advancements in your life, income, and situation, you’re going to have to make some bold bets.
You’re going to have to put your chips on the table.
Throughout my doctoral research as an organizational psychologist, the singular concept I’ve focused my studies on is what I call, “The Point of No Return.” This is the moment it becomes easier to move toward your goals than to avoid them. Actually, it’s the instant that pursuing your highest ambitions becomes your only option.
How does this work?
Primarily, it happens in the form of an intense investment, which forces you to move forward out of compulsion.
Once invested to the point you must go forward, your identity and complete orientation toward your objective changes.
Because you must go forward, you’re no longer confused about what you need to do. You’re no longer uncertain if you’re going to act. You have already acted, and now you need to make good on that action. And there are several psychological reasons why you need to make good on that action:
·         To not look like an idiot (although this isn’t very powerful)
·         To justify your investment
·         To be consistent with the behaviors you’ve performed (hint: your identity follows your behavior, not necessarily the other way around despite “common wisdom”)
·         Because you truly want to achieve a particular goal, and you’ve now created external conditions that will eventuate in a self-fulfilling prophecy
Here’s my favorite narrative from my Master’s Thesis, where I interviewed several entrepreneurs and wannabe entrepreneurs. The main difference? Entrepreneurs have had some form of “Point of No Return” experience, whereas wannabe entrepreneurs haven’t created such experiences.
One of the people I interviewed was a 17-year-old kid who wanted to sell shoes. He and his “partner”one of his high school friendsinvested $10,000 into a shipment of shoes. Heres how he describes his Point of No Return:
Yeah, once we had all of our money in the same inventory it was all or nothing. That really scared me, just knowing that it was like do or die. I had to sell the shoes. You couldn’t turn back, you couldn’t just get rid of them and get cash back, you had to go forward.
My follow-up question was, “Did anything change after this moment?”
Here’s what he said:
After that, once I realized that we were truly going and everything, I think it really just opened me up to what I was able to do. At that point, I was like okay, I actually started a company, I’ve invested in it and now I need to run this thing. That’s when I think I really saw that I was running the company. It really changed my leadership role, I think, with my partners.
Once you’ve passed your point of no return, you’ve fully bought into your own vision. You’re committed. Your role, and thus identity, change. You’ve removed alternatives that were nothing more than distractions anyways. You’ve forced your own hand and now must move in the direction you want to go. You’re all in.

12. The More You Invest The Greater The Psychological Upgrade
“The unconscious will allow us to have only what we believe we deserve. If we have a small view of ourselves, then what we deserve is poverty. And our unconscious will see to it that we have that actuality.”Dr. David Hawkins
Dan Sullivan has coached more successful entrepreneurs than anyone living on the planet. He currently has over 3,000 people in Strategic Coach paying him between $10,000 and $50,000 annually.
In the past 12 months, he developed and opened his “Game-Changers” program, which is $50,000 per year to be a member. According to Dan, he would not have had the confidence to charge that much money had he not previously written a check for $100,000 to be a member of Joe Polish’s 100K Group.
When he made that investment in himself, he started to get way more ideas. He had the confidence to do likewise.
Obviously, you don’t need to invest $50,000 right now in order to achieve your dreams. But if you begin investing even a little bit into your goals and dreams, you’ll begin to get a 10X return psychologically, relationally, and then financially. You then re-invest in yourself and watch as the confidence and connections increase. As these increase, your ability to succeed changes dramatically.
What’s the difference between wannabes and the pros? The pros invested in themselves and bet on themselves big-time. In the words of James Altucher, the pro’s “Chose Themselves!”

They chose themselves and then created motivation, momentum, inspiration, and confidence. In due process, they designed themselves into the person they wanted to become.

MAKE IT GREAT!








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails