Monday, June 10, 2019

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, today I had my PT early. I got out a bit early and so I went to the cemetery to get the flowers before they threw them away.  I decided to get in some miles while there. I got in two miles. I came home and got ready and then headed and  met Robin after for lunch at Costa Vida.  We had a nice long chat.  Mostly about family and running and her last race.  She told me she ran this last race for me and as she was telling me how she told the race director she was running it for me because of all I had been through, I started to cry. Just hearing someone else describe it really kind of got to me.  She said that she had this friend who was diagnosed with breast cancer and then had a snowmobile accident and broke her leg and then got some serious blood clots in her leg. She told him she was signed up for the race and might not ever be able to run because her ankle bone is dying.  It's been kind of awful.  Haha  Now I am on this side of things, it doesn't seem so bad, but just listening to her tell me what she told the director really kind of put it all in perspective. She got me a medal and shirt again.  She is amazing.  I came home and Carson had missed me. I felt bad I was gone so long. When Dave got home, we headed to the Pickleball courts for Bob T's birthday Tasha planned for him. It was fun to see the Andersen's as we walked in and I talked to Clark and Susan for awhile. Everyone was so happy to see me out and about.  Tasha screamed when she saw I was in sandals because she wanted me in tennis shoes so I could play but me and Susan thought she was screaming because I had on a support stocking that I hoped no one noticed. Susan and I had just talked about it a second before. Funny.  They are all such fun people. I wish we could hang out with them more often. They are just the greatest couples. Sarah and Carson also came. Sky was working. It was fun. Dave only played one game and then we came home.   
Carson was twirling a pencil and I told I used to twirl baton...fire baton. He wanted to see so I dug out the old Dance Recital videos of when I taught.  OH MY! They were SO fun to watch. I showed him my fire baton routine. He was impressed. LOL Taylor was really impressed. He said he had no idea I was so good.  Awww.... We watched a lot of the other dances as well. So much fun. My older girls were good. Dave was impressed with the choreography. It was a lot of work.  Then we watched the one I had from Weber State Folk Dancers. OH, man that made me miss it SO SO SO bad!  I then found a video of tape of this performance in Brigham when we first got married and I was a dancer in it.  It was called On Stage America!  I did several dances, but the one I remember the best was the Cats one from the Broadway play. I had fun watching them. I wasn't too bad if I do say so myself!  LOL But that hair!  Ugh.  Why didn't I cut it? I had basically two haircuts!  Long in back and and feathery in back.  I was really uncomfortable after the dance recital when they gave me flowers and I was handing out awards. I couldn't wait to get off that stage. LOL  Hard to watch!
These photos are of the On Stage America! show.  I am in the front middle of the black and white ones and far left on the color ones. And now, with this ankle who knows if I can do that again. I would love to start a group of older ladies either cloggers or tap dancers and have them perform.  Sounds fun huh?  YES!  I would also love to start a WALK race that would be like a run race but ONLY for walkers with winners and medals etc. Who knows what will come of this???!!!!

Check out this deer eating my bush.  He wasn't scared one bit of me. 

dear tuesday, I went on a walk this morning.  I didn't get in many miles but it felt good to be out.  I came home and got ready and headed to my AMI meeting at Maddox. There was a time confusion on the meeting and so four of us arrived a half hour early and we all chatted while we waited for Diane.  It was fun getting to know them.  The meeting went well. Diane asked me to share my story about what I have been going through.  Everyone was so kind and supportive and it's weird to have a story like that to tell.  The girl next to me shared hers as well.  She is a doll. She's on my left in the photo. Her name is Dori.  She was raised by parents who divorced and then were married and divorced three more times each.  She shared how it was difficult but she isn't a victim and has made a great life for herself.  Everyone had a story I am sure. I would love to sit and listen to all of them.  It was nice to see Jenniece.  When she walked in she walked over to me and just hugged me so tight. Then she started to cry and told me she has been so concerned about me and she was so happy to see me out and about.  Diane was nice as well.  They have been so great through this entire thing.  I sure have been blessed to have these women in my life.  Truly blessed.  
I hit the car-wash after.  I LOVE those things!


I came home and Carson wanted to play.  Then they went on a four wheeler ride and I worked on the blog for a bit.   Dave had meetings.  We went out and played with Scratchers for a bit.  Such a stunning cat!  Those eyes!  Have you ever?

dear wednesday, I had harp today but I had time to practice before I left since my lesson was a bit later. Carson was sad I left.  My lesson went well. McKay called me on my way and we had a good long chat. He told me he just wanted to call and hear my voice.  I think he is a bit homesick.  He didn't sound like it at all and he is loving the place and said it's amazing. I need to call him more.  I hope he has a great summer.  He is an amazing young man.  I am so proud of him and all my boys.  I ran some errands after in O town.  I came home and was starving.  I made a pasta salad and then Dave, Carson and I went to the ward dinner.  It was short and sweet and I was glad.  Carson had fun playing with Jacob and was the friendly little guy to every one.  Came home and I did my PT.  Carson came up and we watched The Parent Trap again. LOL  I was beat!

Silly boy!  That's my PT band and some sticky animals.

dear thursday, today I went to the park with Carson on a walk.  He was a trooper but we had Dave bring his scooter.  That was a good idea.  He loved looking at Tyson's tree and we decided to call it Tyson's Tree Park from now on.  The marker is fading bad and we need to replace it.

I ended up getting in FOUR miles!  A new record!  I am so excited!  It wasn't too bad either!  Painful but not super bad.  
I saw a runner go past and it was SO HARD to see her out there running and I wanted to so bad!  I decided to just try it and see what it felt like. I ran a few steps and the pain made me stop. My ankle just won't bend how it's supposed to. It was pretty disappointing but I am NOT GIVING UP!  Someday I WILL run again! I KNOW IT!  It was cloudy and then it started to thunder and lightning. Check out that lightning bolt!!!
I was hoping for a downpour before we got home, but it waited until we got home.  I made us waffles and sat out on the porch in the rain. Carson didn't want to but me and Sarah made him try.  I LOVE summer rainstorms.  

I showered and then we played for a bit.  Dave came home for lunch and brought us sandwiches from Kneaders.  Their turkey is so good.  I had PT and I had Cassie today. Rob was still there because he was supposed to be at camp but it got cancelled and so he was there. 

He did measure me cold (finally improvement!). I was between a 1 and 2.  Half a degree, but I'll take it.  It was very hot.  There is always someone there I know and today I chatted with my friend Pam's sil and Shirley H. from our ward. I hit the store and then came home and finished dinner. We had meatloaf and baked potatoes and for some reason it is just one of those comfort meals.  Then it poured. HARD.  Biggest raindrops I've ever seen I think! 


Bryce and crew stopped by for a bit. 
I posted a few times today on FB.  One about my four miler on my page and the Boston Buddies page:
Image may contain: Jodi VanDenakker Wilding, smiling, outdoor

Progress! That is all any of us can ask for right? I wanted to reach a new WALKING goal for yesterday's Global Running Day even though I still can't run but I can at least walk, which is huge for me! Posting a day late, but I am pretty excited I can walk that far even though it's not pretty, very slow and I still limp, but I'm so excited I CAN! Four miles seems like nothing and almost comical considering in the past my runs on this day were in the double digits, but I am taking what I can get!#slowprogressisstillprogress #globalrunningday#needaglobalwalkingday #missrunning #miracles#notgivingup #GRATITUDE #nomoresnowmobiles


One about Carson hiding while we were walking:

Image may contain: 1 person, standing

Took this little guy on a walk with me today and he was hiding and trying to scare me as I rounded a corner. I snapped this and surprised him instead. #lovethislittleguy #personalityplus #favoritephotos

One about the incredible thunderstorm we had this evening:
Image may contain: plant, outdoor and nature

Nothing like a summer thunder and lightning storm! I’m definitely a pluviophile! Love it!!  Not sure I’ve ever seen raindrops this big! Unfortunately my phone didn’t capture it very well.#lovesummerrain #pluviophile

I sure do love this boy!  Chilly Bam Billy!  Chillsville...Chills...Chilly...Bam Billy!

Tomorrow is the big day with the ankle doc!  Wish me luck!

dear friday, I had my long awaited appointment with Dr. Salzman at the U of U in SLC this morning.  Dave took off some time so he could go with me.  I am glad he did.  
He came in with two foreign students, one from Thailand and one from Chile. I kind of liked that because he explained things to them and it was interesting to listen. I told him he was my second opinion and he told me to not tell him what the first doc told me so he could be unbiased. I appreciated that. I got new x-rays and he looked at those and didn't seem too concerned. He then gave me a very through exam on my ankle.  He kept pulling it or quickly pushing it and asking if it hurt. Um, yeah!  He pushed on my leg and said it looked good and I think I asked, "No AVN?"  He said, "No AVN.".  What?  That was a shock!  Then he looked at the MRI but we had to have the report faxed because it wasn't in the envelope.  We had to wait a long time for that.  He studied that MRI like crazy and for a very long time.  He kept saying he could only see two (of something) and couldn't find the third one. After 5 or so minutes (seemed like forever) he said he found the third one. I am assuming he was talking about my ligaments.  He told me those are really messed up in there.  But that it was something that should resolve itself.  
He wants me to get a new MRI at the U of U because they have a more thorough one for the ankle.  He was sitting there and when he said he thinks that it will resolve itself, Dave stuck out his hand to give me the rock.  I think I was in shock but at the same time so excited and happy!  As we were getting ready to leave, I said, "You didn't see any dead bone in there?"  He didn't say much other than he wants to get the new MRI and go from there. I then said, "I was told I would never run again!"  To which he replied, "I would never tell a runner they could never run again!  That's just bad psychology!"  Haha  He was a funny guy.  I really liked him. I left feeling so much more hope than the other one. I am not sure what to think!  When I asked Dave what he thought, he said he is going to be cautiously optimistic.  That sounds like a good plan. We will have to be for quite a while though because I can't get back in until July 2nd!  I tried for sooner but they couldn't until then.  Sigh....

I left there feeling so confused!  SO. SO. SO. Confused!  Did he not see the dead bone?  Did he just miss it? How can you not see a dying bone?  Or is it healed?  Did I just get a miracle?  I am not sure what to think!  I am afraid to get too excited because I don't want the rug pulled out from under me after the new MRI.  I am hoping I just got a miracle but I am too afraid to believe it just yet.  I hope that doesn't  show lack of faith. Cautiously optimistic!  But either way, I am feeling so much more hope!  What a great feeling!!!  I am thinking I just got a miracle!  I was told in a priesthood blessing it would heal and I would run again.  How can I doubt that?  Crazy stuff!  

Now I have to wait almost a month until I have the answers. But I am not leaving his office until I know for certain if that bone is dead or not!  I am feeling so much gratitude to my Heavenly Father today. I had finally come to accept that I might not run again several weeks ago and I have even been okay with it now. I have found joy and gratitude in just being alive.  I could have no hair right now and I could be very sick and still recovering from chemo, but I was blessed to not have to go through that. And the best part of all is I am still alive!  Life is good!  So, good! What a blessing to wake up each day and be able to breath and live a full life!

We rushed home Dave because had to work. I hit the dollar store and got some cleaning supplies I knew we would need more of.  I then grabbed some pizza and breadsticks and then went to apartment to clean. It was so bad.  And that was after Sky and Robin had already been cleaning for 4 hours each!  Unbelievable any one could live like that.  I cleaned for 8 hours.  They both had to leave and I was there alone.  Dave dropped by and asked why I was there alone and where was Sarah and Taylor.  Sky told them not to come because the renters were still there with tons of stuff still in it and there wasn't enough room, but Dave went and got them anyway.  So Taylor, Sarah and Carson came and then Karen came. She cleaned the yucky shower and brought donuts. I can't believe she did that!  That was the worst part of all. Well, the toilet was pretty bad too. He sucked up an entire vacuum full of dust from each lint trap!  It was crazy!   Robin had already done one bathroom.  The renters finally left.  They were supposed to be out last night.  It was so bad. When I first got there I was so sick that I didn't want Sky and crew to move in there ever.  I wanted to cry. But after cleaning it, it started to feel better.  We are going to rip out carpet, linoleum, sink, and counter tops. Hopefully the windows too.  So bad. I was so tired. 

We had to go to Parker Weese's reception. Stood in a long line but the crepes made it worth it!  LOL Sat by Tracy and others. Came home and crashed. 


Taylor and Carson made a fort.  Pretty cool!
I loved Carson's face in both of these and couldn't choose between them, so I'm posting both!  LOL
Check out the sweet things he made for me.  He spends hours creating cards and these adorable pictures for me.

dear saturday, I ran to the high school track and got in a mile or so and then met Robin at the park. Sarah and Carson also came.  I got in a total of 3 miles today.  My ankle has been really sore and swollen this week. Maybe I am over doing it? Carson had us come through his "house" (the tables under the balcony) each time we went around.  He scared me several times as I turned the corner too. He is a hoot. Robin did the monkey bars. I didn't dare quite yet, but I did do the slide!
The Little's all love Bryce...

  We had two receptions tonight.  Scott Walker's and McKay's roommate and good bud, Carson Anderson.  I got a photo of all of his buds and sent it to him. They all said they missed him.  I felt so bad he wasn't there to be a part of all this.  I would have loved to have seen him in those crazy shorts. Dang! LOL

Becky (Carson's mom) made them all boutonnieres that were firecrackers because they are all such PYROS!  Hilarious!
Sky and crew and Taylor and Mary Kate all went camping up Logan canyon. They are crazy because it was so cold and windy!  Taylor ended up getting called into work and so Mary Kate was left there without him.  Poor girl!

dear sunday, I woke up to this!  LOL
We had teacher prep today and so there was no lesson in Primary.  The boys were back by the time we got home from church.  They basically froze.  Mary Kate came by to show Taylor how to make homemade pizza on the smoker.  She was super cute and fun.  
The pizza was SO delish!  Grammy and Grampy came and Bryce and crew were here as well.  It was definitely busy. I made cookies today as well.  It was a busy but fun day.
So much fun!  Grammy doing Round a Bit with Liam.  He loves her!

This little guy stole the show!
This little guy stole the show!
We played FARKLE PARTY with Mary Kate.  FUN!
More pix of Scratcher's!  He is so gorgeous I can't help it!

You can see Liam in this one ↓
I just can't get over how pretty this animal is!  Sorry, Mr. Cat!  LOL


Great article on Boston stats for 2018 HERE


dear random, a friend from college (Gary S) sent me these.  He was in the fraternity.  This is a photo of the Sweethearts they chose for I'm guessing 1981?  Lisa and I both did a comedy skit for it. We dressed up in cat eye glasses and read a recipe and made it in front of them. We did things like saying 2 cups of flour and putting in 2 cups of flowers. Or 2 eggs and throw the whole egg in shell aWe would say, "Whip it, whip it good" and then start singing that song. It was goofy but hilarious! We put it in the oven and then pulled out a beautifully decorated one I had previously made that was three tiers. As I write this I am thinking I already posted the photos but can't seem to find where.  So, here they are again in case I really did.  The frat was Sigma Gamma Chi.
Skit!

30th Class Reunion
35th Class Reunion
Also 35th Class Reunion

 My niece Madi's graduation

 Chayden's accomplishments.  He is Carson's big brother and lives in California

 Sarah and Sky (check out the rainbow on the waterfall)

 Miss Brinlee and I

 This has been one WET spring!

Aren't these pretty?

STUNNING!

dear quotes,





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails