Monday, June 17, 2019

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, this morning Bryce's back was hurting extremely bad.  I feel so bad for him. He's too young.  He couldn't even move.  I tried to get him into see Dr. Ellis but it's a week wait and he needs help now.  He got in to see Vranes, but I told him I would try to get him in sooner to see Ellis.  I hung out with Carson today painting and playing.  I went to Kent's and got stuff for the pizza night tonight.  I actually posted that on last week's post on Sunday night. No idea how I got so confused other than I am writing this weeks behind.  Sigh.  So I am adding some of the pix here again just to try and keep things straight, but if you want the story then go to last week's Sunday post (explanation at the bottom).  Sky ripped out the carpet at the apartment.  I had a friend lose a grandchild to a stillbirth. Sad. Bryce and the Littles came over and then Mary Kate showed up. She is so cute.  My parents arrived and we watched Taylor and Mary Kate make pizza. Haylie made the cutest cupcakes!
(Sorry I posted this on last week's because I thought the pizza party was on Sunday, but it was Monday. That is what happens when I get so far behind. If I have time to adjust last week's I will, otherwise people will think I have lost it... they will be mostly right!)

 Grammy doing Round-A-Bit with Liam
Little Liam stealing the show! 
(more on last week's post about this night...hehe)

Sky and crew went to the Bee's game and we really missed them. The rest of the story is on last week's post. Have I said that enough yet?  :)

dear tuesday, I had PT this morning.  My extension is finally at a 1! I finally progressed!  It was stuck for so long!  Rob said I can come once a week from now on instead of twice. I do it every day at home too. I have not missed ONE SINGLE DAY of doing it for 4.5 months now!  I am pretty happy about that. Taylor and Carson met me after and we headed to North Ogden to meet Grammy and Grampy at a Sushi place. Taylor's idea.  I had chicken teriyaki which was yum.  It was fun.  Sky arrived a bit late with Sarah.  
Then we went to Grammy's to play with the bunny.  They are tending Madi's bunny Misti.  It is so cute. We hung out there for a while.  Then Taylor had to get back and get ready for Lake Powell.  
 Grampy with his US Open towel from Mike and Trish!  He's loving that!
Carson's heart he made for Grammy hanging right on her wall!

dear wednesday, today I had my harp lesson. I left a bit early to run some errands for Father's Day. My lesson was short and sweet because I had a lunch in Ogden with the Sistas right after.  We met at Tony's pizza.  It is our old high school hang out.  There were 10 of us!  I love it when we get a big turnout!  It was so fun.  Dawn brought us all ties (to honor Father's Day) and Linda taught us all how to tie them. We took photos outside after.  

 I gave Lisa this because we both used to LOVE to eat no name brand icing when we were in college.  We actually loved to dip Cheetos in it.  Yep... 
Stole this from Dawn..
Sorry for the dupiclates!

I had to rush off to run a few more errands so I could get back to take Taylor to the airport, but my mom called and she offered to go get him and meet me in O town. Her and my Dad did and I met them at 2700 W and my mom rode down with us.  We dropped him off to get the rental car and then it was crazy trying to find a place to meet him to give him all his stuff but we managed.  It was fun.  Taylor was off to Lake Powell. That boy never has a dull day in his life. He is always on the go doing fun things. Scott's, Kevin's and Julie's family is all here and so he joined in on the fun.  He needs a break because he has done nothing but work, study, and volunteer for the past six plus months.  We went to Kohl's after and to Dick's bakery. It was fun. I stopped in to see my Pa for a minute.

dear thursday, I was supposed to have PT today but I cancelled because Rob told me I could start going once a week and he was gone.  I had my hair appointment today and she did a color.  I like it.  Hopefully I will in six weeks when I go back in before my reunion. Catherine has new puppies and she brought a couple of them up for me to hold.  Oh my gosh!  They are so cute!!!  
I picked up Carson from the Peak where he did a summer Spy thing.  He was so cute.  He is best friends with everyone he just met.  We went to Old Grist and I got him an ice cream cone and we got some brownies for Dave's parents dinner.  It was fun.  
We went a couple other places and came home. I finished dinner for Dave's parents and Sky took it for me. Then Dave and I had to fly to AP camp for dinner up there.  It smelled so good! I love nature. 
We had a great dinner and then listened to a speaker. It was Shanne Munns. She spoke on the priesthood and how women feel about it.  She did a fabulous job and now I am not wanting to speak at YW camp. Not feeling I can do as well as she did. UGH.  
But if I am supposed to speak then I will do it.  I will need lots of help though to get a talk ready this fast.  We had testimony meeting with our ward and there were only five young men.  Four adults including us. Everyone bore there testimony including me with the exception of one of the boys. It started to thunder and lighting during the meeting and then it started to just POUR!  It was quite the downpour!  
We headed out of there quick!  It was one bumpy ride.  

dear friday, I walked at high school this morning and I also did the bleachers. I can tell I over did it because my ankle was sore all day and pretty swollen. 


I hung out with Carson. We ran to Wallies and got a play lawn mower for Liam and lots of treats for Carson. He had fun hiding from me.
 Where's Waldo Carson?
My parent's stopped by. Carson showed Grammy how he folds his own shirts. He is amazing at it. No one taught him as far as anyone knows, but he folds them like a store.  Perfectly!  I sewed some blouses and dress that needed altering. It was so hot. I am beginning to get a bit stressed about my talk.  As well as very stressed about getting things done around here.  I'm not getting much done lately. 
Found this little torn piece of napkin in my car.  Another love note from heaven....

dear saturday, this morning I went to temple to try and get some inspiration for my talk for girl's camp since I have basically no time to prepare it. The session was completely full.  I sat in celestial room after for a while trying to get some inspiration for the talk.  It came pretty fast. I went out in my car and sat in the parking lot and wrote it all down and it was truly like it was downloaded straight from heaven.  That has never happened to me, but I guess I haven't always tried this process either. But I am feeling much better about things and now I am actually very excited to give it.  I was amazed how fast and clear it came.
I came home and hung out with Carson and Sarah.  I ran to Smith's and Maddox for a pie for tomorrow.  I took Carson over to Julie's to play in her new sand and then we went to Troy's to feed his cat. 
We grabbed the concert tickets from Bryce's truck at Haylies and then went to the Little River Band concert in the park.  Toast was the opener and they played for a good hour or so, but I really love their songs so I was totally happy about it. Pretty much the whole city was there. It felt like Peach Days.  Very fun. We talked to Clark and Susan for a while and Susan was hilarious. I chatted with Tracy and tons of others.  The concert was great.  At least I enjoyed it. I love anything outdoors and social though. Hey, I pretty much enjoy anything social!
They had 15 food trucks there!  I got some donuts Mmmmm.... and a rice bowl thing to share with Dave. Sarah got the Toasted Cheese sandwiches.
Sky arrived right before The Little River Band began.

Sarah didn't know any Bread songs.  We are old!  LOL  Carson was really good.  Dave left early because his ears hurt and he had to get something for Taylor before he heads to Tennessee.  Taylor arrived home from Lake Powell and we barely got to see him!  We almost missed him! He left 5 minutes after we told him good bye.  I'm going to miss that kid.  He is heading to Tennessee to do the zipline with McKster, whom I miss lot already. 


Sky helped me with the vinyl for this sign for Sister Fitzgerald. Dave spoke at her husband's funeral who was on oxygen for several years and he told how we have this sign in our home and it meant so much to her that I knew I had to make her one.  She also is putting this on his headstone.  She was very happy. 

dear sunday, today was Father's Day!  HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all you great dads! The one who raised me, the one I married, the one I inherited through marriage, the 5 awesome future dads I gave birth to, and all the rest of you amazing dads I know!!! 
~~~ The world is a better place because of you!~~~

~~~I had to add some oldies of my Pa~~~
My mom and dad ( I call him Mr. Brady in this one with his perm) - bottom left is with my Grandpa Ira (my Dad's dad) and my bro Jerry and me and Mom. 
Younguns (top left) going fishing pretty much EVERY single weekend while living in Sparks Nevada - high school graduation - the fam when I was in high school - and his last deer (he couldn't go hunting anymore after this one because it was hard on him killing an innocent animal.)
With my cousin Shelley (standing) - my Grandpa Ed (Eddie Bone) sitting in chair and my Pa (kneeling over grill) with my cousins Mike and Bill and brother Jerry.
Living in Reno Nevada (Sparks) and fishing every weekend.


Pix with the father of my children from our Alaskan Cruise (I still haven't done the post on it!)
With my father-in-law on his bday and the solar eclipse


Here is what I posted on social media:

ღ°ღ˚ HAPPYღ FATHER'S ღ DAY PA ! ღ˚ღ˚
I am so grateful I was given this amazing man to be my 'Pa' while here on earth! He is beyond incredible and I have been blessed abundantly for all he has taught me. He is always happy and gets along with everyone and just goes with the flow no matter what. He has many gifts besides being an incredible golfer. He can fix or build anything, he is the most organized and clean human I know (you could literally eat food off his car engines or garage floor), he is the life of the party and always smiling, and he is always encouraging to everyone no matter what they do. He is the best grandpa ever and my boys have been lucky to get to call him their Grampy! I love you Pa! Happy Father's Day!!!

Image may contain: Jodi VanDenakker Wilding and Dean Vandenakker, people smiling, people standing and outdoor


ღ°ღ˚ HAPPYღ FATHER'S ღ DAYღ˚ღ˚ to this guy who is the greatest father to his five sons and a mentor to all! We couldn't be more grateful for him! He has been there for us all through thick and thin and we are so grateful for his abounding support, love and example! Happy Father's Day Dave! 
ღ˚ღ˚ We love you! ღ˚ღ˚

Image may contain: 4 people, including McKay Wilding and Bryce Wilding, people smiling, people standing and outdoor












Image may contain: 2 people, including Jodi VanDenakker Wilding, people smiling, people standing

 Bryce was laying in the hall unable to move.  He said him and Haylie and the kids all got food poisoning from one of the food trucks last night.  I felt so bad!  He looked so sick.  And then about 20 minutes later he came down the stairs walking pretty slow and when I asked him where he was going he told me that the kids were going with their dad and he wanted to go tell them bye.  That is Bryce in his truest form. WHO would do that when they are almost on their death bed?  Only him.  He is the MOST unselfish person I know.  He came home a bit later and crashed because he was just so sick.  Carson was so funny and went up in the bathroom where he was and asked him if he was constipated.  Carson gets that way a lot but it was hilarious.  Carson and I headed for church and Sky and Sarah joined us later.  I didn't have to teach today but we had a full class.  They are so dang cute. We came home and I hurried and made a macaroni salad to take to Karen's.  
Gifts for the dad's in my life this year - with the exception of Dave's (his were too big to wrap).
We headed to my dad's and we were the only ones there this year.  We just had pie.  We all played with the bunny and took lots of pix.  We were missing Bryce (sick), Taylor and McKay (in Tennessee). We don't usually have them all home for Father's Day. Last year was the first time we did in many years! 

 With the bunny Misty.  They were tending her for Madi.
Carson made a lettuce trail to get her out from behind the BBQ. It worked!
My cute parents!

Some pix of some great Fathers!
We then headed to Karen's.  We took some meat and Dave grilled it.  It was yummy food. But I didn't like the meat we took.  I visited with Natalie for a long time about Lake Powell and she showed me all the crazy things Taylor did on video.  He is way too adventurous.....jumping off cliffs and trying to do a gainer.  He face planted several times.  Ouch!  She said they talked about this girl he is dating a lot.  She asked him a lot of questions.  But I still am not sure what to think. Taylor does not reveal much.  But I did get a few pix. 
She kept taking his picture when he was asleep.  LOL  That poor kid hasn't had a break in months and months to just chill.  

Barry's fam was also at the Father's Day lunch.  They have such a great party house and yard.  It is beautiful.  Emily and I chatted for a very long time. I worry about her and I hope I was able to lift her some.  The house was packed!
 Chance jumped up and chilled with me outside for a while. 

Stunning couple...
 Carson was pretending they were all asleep on the way home. 
We headed home and it was late and I was so exhausted.  I notice I say that a lot lately.  LOL  We opened Dave's gifts after we got home. 

dear quotes, 





1 comment:

Audrey said...

I love how much time you spend with your parents. You are so fortunate to have such a great relationship with them. No wonder you are so awesome! It comes from them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails