Monday, June 1, 2020

*Monday Memos**

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, it was Memorial Day today. We had breakfast and then went on a tour of Greg Fisher's to his see taxidermy animals. Wow. 
Carson's shirt said, "Lions and Tigers and  Bears! Oh My!"
PERFECT for today!  Only no tigers today! He's pointing to the words on it. So cute!
It is quite the place!
Some photos of Greg with his catches.
He was actually attacked by a bear once. There was a documentary about it on the Discovery channel.

I got back on the horse!!!  Well, the four wheeler!  And even though it's not a snowmobile, I did experience a little fear and trepidation taking off on it. But... SUCCESS!  However, not sure I can get back on a snowmobile quite yet, yet.
Karen and I cleaned the cabin and then Dave took the kids and younguns to Fall Creek to fish. Karen and I took Barry's truck and hoped we could find them. Luckily, we did! We all fished. I even caught a few. It was a lot of fun. 
My BIG catch of the day!  Hah
Love these boys!
Carson was pretty happy with this guy!
Aubrey and Mickey were super excited when they caught one! Mickey wasn't too keen on touching it though!

Cousins!
Taylor and McKay fishing after the Toone's headed home.
It is so beautiful up here!
The day almost ended in disaster. I almost fell in a hole. Geeze. Dave told me to back up to reel in the fish and so I did.  An angel saved me I am positive! I would have totally destroyed my ankle or leg. It would have been bad!  Whew!! What a miracle I didn't actually fall in because it would not have ended well. We gave hugs and told Toones bye. What a fun weekend! We kept fishing then headed back to cabin and packed food and finished cleaning. Headed out for home but first stopped and got fireworks. We also stopped at Arctic Circle (as per tradition) in Soda Springs. 

Before we went home we stopped by the cemetery. It wasn't too crowded by 9 p.m. Sky would'nt get in the photo. He is not a fan of the cemetery or Memorial Day. That's okay. 
When we got home as we were unloading everything and unpacking, Mr. Cat was being strange. He was alone too long. He was very offish. Crazy feline!  I was beat! My own bed felt so good! It was such a fun trip. We sure love the Toones.


dear tuesday, got up early and practiced harp. I've missed lots of days of practice. My lesson was okay. My technique needs lots of work right now. I waited for window bid peeps but finally left them a note and headed on a walk. Didn't run today. I had to walk from home because car was dead. 
Scratcher's was super friendly today. He was laying all over me and wanted to be held and petted. He sheds so much so it's not as fun as it is to pet Mr. Cat.
Did laundry and caught up on email and then went to store. I also took Carson to cemetery on a walk to see all the flowers. I told him stories about some of the dead people I knew. He loved it. 
We had a fish fry and Sky and crew came by. I didn't eat any but the rest was good. Carson didn't want to eat the casing on his brat and so I took it off but Sky told him he had to. Poor kid. Then I hid a piece and Dave took it and showed it to him and was going to tell Sky but he was by fire. He made a big deal out of it. Hmm... Carson knows I have his back! Love that little guy more than I can even say!
Played match game with Carson and did smoke bombs. Nice day. 
Love this pix! ↑
Carson's ant farm is doing well!  So fun! 
  My new avatar!
 I WISH Covid-19 was gone!

dear wednesday, I ran over two miles today. Probably 2.25. My ankle is feeling okay but not like it should. Hot day!  Came home and showered and then tried to catch this up a bit. I am a full month behind! Practiced harp. Playing Glissando and it's tough. But I feel I am coming along much faster than before. Nice having the boys home but McKay studies all day long. Poor kid. He is off Keto now. YAY! 

dear thursday, I went to the dentist this am. I was there forever.  I ran to Walmart after. My eyes were being weird on my way home. I could only see about half of my usual vision.  Almost got hit by a car because I couldn't see him! I was sure it was a migraine on it's way.  When I got home I immediately took a Maxalt.  I was pretty much wasted the rest of the day. Haven't had a migraine for a long time. It's been so nice!  I tried to rest some. In the afternoon I had to pick up my cookies I ordered and then I had to do dinner for Dave's parents. I still wasn't feeling well but thankful the Maxalt kept it from getting to a full blown migraine level. Felt nauseated all day too. Sky fried fish (the ones we caught) for Dave's parents and I made rice, rolls, dessert and broccoli. I rested most of the rest of the night.


Some very sad news....
They already postponed it until September but now they are full blown cancelling it. Dang Corona!
The Boston Marathon cancelled for the first time in it's 124 year history!

I can't even imagine how sad and devastating this news would be for some of the runners that were IN and so excited!  Especially if this would have been your only shot!  Or you can't ever qualify again!  They aren't taking those who BQ'd for this year for 2021 either. They have to reapply (but with the time they applied for this year) and if they get in, they get in. I am sure many will not. So sad. I would be so upset if I was in this situation!  Praying most will still get to run it!

dear friday, I was feeling a lot better this a.m. so I headed out on a walk.
I didn't feel too great after my walk and so I took it easy all day. My, I look so tall!  Corona has stretched me in many ways, but I didn't think it was literal!  Hah


He took it easy too! ↓ Oh wait, he always does! 
Oh, my heart!

I don't have any more photos so I honestly don't remember what else happened. 
Great article HERE about the church and the pandemic.

 Our free masks from the state arrived!

dear saturday, I got in a three mile run (YAY!) and five miles total. 
Dave and the boys headed to the cabin to do some repair work on the roof to prevent the bats from getting back in. They left fairly early. I headed out on a walk/run around Pioneer Park. It felt good and it was so pretty. I was so happy I was feeling better today. I have to admit I was so excited to be home alone. I had big plans to get some stuff done. But....then things got crazy. My mom called and asked if I had seen what was going on in Salt Lake. I had not and so I turned on the news to discover there was basically a protest that turned into a riot. I ended up watching the TV from 4 pm until 10 pm. I couldn't turn it off. It was unreal to see what was happening live. 

Here's the short list:
Turning over a cop car and setting it on fire. Vandalizing property like no big deal. Spray painting all over town including the state capital!  Breaking windows downtown in businesses and the trax. Setting a man's car on fire and another cop car. 


The cops didn't get involved until later and they were getting huge metal things thrown at them. Many were injured. It was insane. The people were out of control. Yes, here in SLC!  I was shocked. Ogden had a protest too but it was peaceful. However a huge fire was started that might have been arson in the canyon. I have never seen anything like it. I was stunned and in shock. It was all because George Floyd who was black was killed by a white cop in Minnesota by holding his knee on his neck for over 8 minutes.  It was truly a horrible thing he did and he is being charged with murder, but protesting violence for violence is NOT the answer! I am appalled at how these people treated the police. Not all cops are bad. Not all people are racists. There are good white people and good black people. There are bad white people and bad black people. There are good cops and bad cops. HOW does destroying property and threatening the police do any good?  It's so wrong. I have a lot to say about it but I will leave it at that. Anyway, I am still in shock. They finally had to set a curfew at 8 pm and didn't enforce it until after 10 pm. They ended up arresting 41 people but many more should have been. I am ashamed that my state acted like this. We are better than this. HOLY cow! Riots and protests are going on all over the country and now the world. Just pure insanity!  What has happened to the world???




Salt Lake ↑
Ogden ↓
No photo description available.
I'm with her!!!
Meanwhile in Ogden: Still mourning the death of officer Lyday who died responding to a domestic violence call. 
 At least O town knows how to PROTEST and not RIOT!

2020 is cursed!
And it just continues...
Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'So is Corona season completely over? Are we in riot season now? Just wanna figure out my outfits!'
This was on Facebook this week:
Ok 2020 we've had enough already!!!
1. Pandemic , check
2. Huge Murder Hornets, check
3. Quarantine, check
4. Massive Unemployment, check
5. Senseless Police Brutality, check
6. Riots in many cities across America, check
7. Huge fire at mouth of Ogden Canyon, check
And we're only halfway thru!!!
What's next ?
It can only get better from here?!
Image may contain: nature and outdoor, text that says 'Have not commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9'
Good news!

dear sunday, McKay got home late last night. Him and Sky left but Dave and Taylor stayed up there until tomorrow. Scott and fam was also up there. I wasn't feeling too great again today. These migraines can linger on for days sometimes. It wasn't bad but still felt yucky. Sky and crew came over and Sarah made us dinner. It was so good. I had made Korean beef but saved it for later. It was fun having them over.  I made Biscoff cookie bars as well. I will post the recipe. They were so good. We just chilled. 
Carson and I went and visited Julie to see her new grand baby but we tried to obey social distancing rules. Carson didn't want to come home. 

They put the Bonneville High School 50 Year anniversary on YOUTUBE. Go watch it!  I am at........
Here is the link and here is the downloaded video: ( I am seen in my majorette costume at 1:03 and again at 4:57)


BISCOFF BAR COOKIES
INGREDIENTS
·         1–1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
·         1 cup granulated sugar
·         1 cup dark brown sugar
·         2 large eggs
·         1 teaspoon vanilla
·         3 cups all-purpose flour
·         1 teaspoon baking soda
·         1/2 teaspoon salt
 In separate bowl mix together:
3/4 c sugar  and 3 teaspoons cinnamon
INSTRUCTIONS
1.     Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12″ x 17″ sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2.     In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars until well combined. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
3.     With the mixer on low speed, beat in the flour, baking soda and salt until combined.
4.   Use your hands to mix in the cinnamon sugar mixture until it is well incorporated into the dough.
5.     Spread in a 12″ x 17″ sheet pan.
6.     Press the cookie dough down evenly, with your hands.
7.     Bake for 20 minutes, rotating pan halfway through, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cookies comes out clean. Try not to over-bake them if you want them to be chewy.

8.     Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.

dear random, 
THIS IS THE HOSPITAL I WAS BORN IN!!! It's the old St. Benedict's Hospital and it STILL stands though not used as a hospital anymore.


The second (I think) ↓ recipient of the Tyson Wilding Memorial Scholarship.

Tea Party with cute Brinlee!











































 Me (far left) after I got my hair chopped off. ↑ I hid in the bathroom and cried for two hours!  I thought I looked like a boy!  I do!  The lady asked me how much I wanted cut and I tried to show her to my shoulders but she had already put the apron thing on me and apparently she couldn't see where I said. Waaaa!!!! This was so traumatic for me! 
(Me, my cousin Mike, cousin Bill, brother Jerry)

Some pix of Taylor and McKay...
 Taylor
Taylor snowboarding off a huge ledge! GREAT photo!
 Taylor on one of his many adventures!

The next ones are their Tennessee summer (with McKay and CJ)

Another great photo! Taylor in Costa Rica



dear quotes, my friend Gary, sent me these quotes.  He made them just for me. How nice is that??  He is such a great person and is continually helping others get through their trials. (click to enlarge)

“Avoiding the present moment is almost a disease in our culture, and we are continually being conditioned to sacrifice the present for the future. Carried to its logical conclusion, this attitude is not merely the avoidance of enjoyment in the now, but an evasion of happiness forever." ~ Wayne Dyer







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails