Monday, June 22, 2020

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, today I got out on a long walk. I am trying to get in more miles walking but it takes so much longer than running. I went to Pioneer and saw the baby ducks who are now young adults!  They are huge!  So cute!  

I came home and showered and planned on practicing but Carson and crew showed up. We made my glitter calming bottle and then he did potions. 
I took him with me to Walmart and we had fun shopping. I needed baskets for my closet corner shelves. I got him a craft. I made homemade sloppy joes and they were soooo yummy. I will post the recipe because it's a keeper!  We were going to watch That Darn Cat but it got too late.  

Sloppy Joes
Ingredients
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
  • 1 pound ground beef (OR turkey)
  • 8 ounces tomato sauce
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 2 to 4 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • Freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • Hamburger buns
  • Sliced pickles
Instructions
1.                   Set a large pot over medium-low heat. Add a few drops of extra-virgin olive oil, and saute the garlic for a minute or two until just fragrant and very light golden brown. Add ground beef, increase heat to medium/medium high, and cook until no longer pink, breaking apart and stirring as meat cooks. Drain grease from meat.
  1. While meat is browning, make sauce. In a medium bowl, stir together tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, until well combined. Pour over browned meat, stir, and simmer for a few minutes until heated through (or longer, if you have time, to allow the flavors to meld).
  2. Serve on hamburger buns or rolls with sliced pickles on top.
Notes

  • This Sloppy Joe sauce is intended to be slightly sweet, but it's really a matter of taste. If you prefer a more savory sauce, feel free to use less brown sugar. Additionally, you may use unrefined sugar (or even a squeeze of honey) in place of the brown sugar, if you wish.

After they left we all watched The Count of Monte Cristo. It's one of my faves. Taylor just finished the book and so wanted to see the movie again. 

Here is my current heart rock garden:

dear tuesday, it was raining this morning!  Loved it!  I practiced for two hours and then had my harp lesson. It went well. I got busy working on my closet again today and then ended up organizing the baskets and some things in the laundry room. I was in a MESS!  Carson showed up about then. He helped me though since I was unable to stop and play. He was so sweet. 
I got a lot done but it has made me realize we could never move!  It would take me five days per room to pack!  Well maybe not if I didn't go through each item and decide to keep or not. Right now I have eight huge garbage bags of clothes and about three or four big boxes of other stuff to give to the DI but I can't donate for a week due to Covid. You have to make an appt to just drop stuff off!  Ugh!  Crazy!  I am trying to declutter big time right now but I know I could do even more than I am!  I need to start being more brutal. I really need to get rid of a lot more clothes though. Dave is the only one that really doesn't need to DI much in that area, but the garage would be nice to get it organized. It will take me the rest of my life to get it all done!  It's fun, (well sometimes it's overwhelming and not fun at all) but takes so long. I really need to start getting rid of about 50% of stuff, but I have only been doing maybe 20%. I need to be ruthless!  Sky and Taylor worked on the hose for the orchard all afternoon. 

dear wednesday, today I headed to Farmington to do some shopping. I hit Home Goods (my favorite store) but they didn't really have what I was looking for. I had to do some Father's Day shopping as well. I am in search of an ottoman for my closet. I hit a few other places at Station Park and then headed to Layton and then O town. I hit Sams and had to stand in line to get in for about 10 minutes. 
I got some good things and then made some returns. I hit the mall for a quick stop and then Real Deals. It was a busy day. I got all the Father's Day stuff done. Yay. 

Taylor was featured on Nordic Valley's ad poster this year with Mary Kate. I finally got to see it:
They are also on Nordic's Instagram on several posts.


dear thursday, got out on my walk. It was gorgeous today. I came home and cleaned like a mad woman. Hah  Some days I just go crazy. I made dinner for Dave's parents and then Taylor brought his date Emily back here with Aubrey and Sam. They had gone wave running to Willard Bay and got two flat tires on the trailer. Dave had to go bail them out. Emily is the cutest most adorable thing!  I just love her. When they got here, she came running up to me and hugged me and told me how  much she loves following me on social media because I am so positive. She is so sweet. We all talked for a long time. Aubrey and Sam leave on Saturday for Texas for a bit. They had a bonfire and made Smores. I had to take some pix. Yes, I am that mom!  LOL  


dear friday, I got in a good walk. I am still not attempting to run for fear it will set me back or make thing worse. I need a plan. Not sure what it is. I would like another MRI on my ankle and get a third opinion but I have been searching for docs and not sure who to go to this time. I spent a lot of time making cookies today for Sarah's Princess Tea party tomorrow.  These are NOT macarons. They are actually made from a pink and blue cake mix (Alma brand), but they were yummy! I filled the centers like a macaron but much less labor intensive!
They turned out okay but would have turned out even better if my oven wasn't over browning!  It's so frustrating!  It needs to be looked at!  I dropped them off at their house and played Onocus? game they have that is like reality!  It was so cool. 
Loved it!  Sarah videoed me and posted it on IG. Too funny. I was being attacked by robots!  Scary!  Me and Carson snuggled and he is the cutest. He didn't want me to leave. It was fun. 

Dave brought this amazing Greek food home from a clinic lunch. I made thee best salad from it all!  Oh, man! It was SO good! Wish I could eat one just like it every day of my life!  

I have really enjoyed our backyard this year. It is so purple!  I sat out there and ate my salad. My flowers are doing so well too!  They will start to die in mid July (no matter what we do) but I am loving them now! 

dear saturday, today Taylor and I went to the BDO to a buy one get one free sale at the outlet there. We wasn't sure what we would find and I am not sure it was worth it but it was fun being together. We got a few things. 
We came home and I cleaned and got caught up around here. I went to Smith's and then to pick up the cheesecakes I ordered but the lady was no where to be found. Come to find out she thought I was one of her Tremonton customers and so left before I got there after all the others picked up theirs. Oh well. Saved me $25!  Dave and McKay worked their tails off all day and they were black!  Totally covered in dirt!  

dear sunday, today is Father's Day!  Here is what I posted on social media:
🛠HAPPY FATHER'S DAY🛠 to these AMAZING men that I have been so blessed to have in my life! I am not sure what I did to deserve each of them but they have blessed my life every single day and I am so grateful for them!
*👨‍⚕️Dave is the most incredible father to his five sons and supports me in everything I do. He works harder than anyone I know and is a great example to all who know him.
*🏌️‍♂️My own amazing father who is a ray of sunshine wherever he goes and makes life so much more fun and enjoyable. He has the been the best Pa anyone could ask for!
*🎣My awesome father in law who has always treated me like his own daughter and is so generous and kind to all who know him.
*🏄‍♂️🐠And to my two remarkable sons Skyler and Bryce who have taken on the role of father to some pretty special little ones and who have unselfishly changed their lives for the better forever. 💜
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! Thanks for all you do and for your example! I LOVE YOU ALL more than you know! 💜🤩💜🤩💜
#happyfathersday2020 #BoyMom


Happy Father's Day to my⛳️ hole in one 🏌️‍♂️father! What a great blessing I have been given to have him as my pa and a "grand" pa to my boys! He has been a great example and influence in my life and the lives of many others. Thanks Pa for always making life more fun and for always being there to support us in all we do! We are so lucky to have you in our lives! Happy Father's Day!!! We love you!!!😍


I made muffins for Dave and then worked on the gifts and then Taylor helped me chop veggies for the Wok Dinner that Dave requested. It is his favorite but it's a lot of work.  This is my original recipe. I have been making it since I was in college before I got married. Dave really loves it. Once when Tyson was really sick and not doing well, we both fasted for him. We both fasted for three days but Dave did it in a row without stopping. When he was about to end his fast, I made this for him. I had saved the pineapple juice from the can after I put in the pineapple and before he ate the dinner he drank that juice. It burned his throat and made him very sick so he couldn't even eat the wok dinner!  It was so sad.  Note:  Do not drink anything acidic if you have been fasting for three days! 
Here is the recipe:
(I sometimes double the sauce)

I also made a Flamingo cake. It was yummy too. 
 Everyone showed up around 2 pm.  My parents, Sky and crew and Bryce and crew. We ate and then had fun just hanging out and opening gifts. 
 In my HAPPY PLACE!
 Dave and Liam having a good time!
 This guy came down to say Happy Father's Day!
My house looks so innocent in this photo.  
BUT...
We went outside to take some photos and THIS ↓ happened!
 Yep!  That's a rattlesnake!!!
 Oh. My. Gosh!!!
 The guys were just lining up for a photo and Bryce VERY calmly said to McKay (who was closest to the bench AND BAREFOOT I might add), "Watch out there's a rattlesnake under there."  McKay jumped out of the way.
I could not believe how clam Bryce was!  It was no different than if he had been saying, "You dropped your napkin."  I wasn't so calm!  Yikes!  In all the 26 years we have lived here we have NOT seen a rattlesnake in our yard!  They found one when they were digging our lot (and I almost cancelled the house), but we have not had one (at least that we have seen) since!  The neighbors on both sides have, but we have been lucky!
 
 He was right near where we were taking the photos. We still took them but were very aware as we did. He was pretty calm and in no hurry to attack or even leave. I was very surprised how docile he was.
 The the guys tried to catch him VERY carefully. 
 They succeeded but he wasn't cooperating too well.  We took pictures of it and then it started to slither away and so Dave tried to capture it before it went under the AC. Bryce helped him. It was crazy. They got him in a bag and then we put him on the deck while we finished opening gifts because Bryce had to go get his littles. 

Mr. Rattler is in all the photos! ↓  Haha
With my cute Pa!






We gave Dave new golf clubs for Father's Day.  The snake is in that white bag with my plant pot keeping him there.  Bryce had to leave and so we had to open the presents before they could haul him off to the mountainsIt's illegal to kill rattlesnakes in Utah. In fact, it's a class B Misdemeanor! While Bryce was gone, Sky and Carson took the four wheeler up to the top of the mountain to release him. 

Yep!  All of these years of never seeing a rattlesnake and what would you know.....2020 comes along and we see one. This year just keeps getting better! Sheesh!   He was very docile and much more afraid of us than we were him.  But they still creep me out!

Grammy and Grampy left and Bryce came back with the kids. We played outside and had fun. 


Then they left and we headed over to see Dave's dad. Sky and crew came with us. His parents were doing okay. While we were there, Brian and Becky also came. Dave's mom told me that Lynn's brother and sil Kenna had the same kind of cancer that Jerry does. I will have to call Kenna. She was so sweet when I was going through mine. I did not realize that was the kind she had. Dave's mom asked if I had lost weight. I wish. Well, actually I have a couple pounds but my clothes don't fit like I have so who knows? We came home and hit the hay. 

dear random, my creme brulee french toast recipe: 

This little buddy is the apple of MY eye
This was on Aubrey's pix. I don't think I have seen it before. This was at her wedding. My first time playing the harp at a wedding.

 I went to third grade at this school. They tore it down last year I believe. So sad.
 These popped up on my FB memories!

From my friend Gary...

 Some of my favorite Boston Buddies!









Protecting the Lincoln Memorial from protesters.
This is just shameful our world has come to this!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails