Thursday, November 12, 2009

Spooktacular Halloween!

LOVE♥ LOVE♥ LOVE♥ Halloween!

It is my favorite holiday for many reasons, the main one being that it really doesn't have any stress involved unlike Christmas. It is just fun and enjoyable without any pressure.

I am all about TRADITION and so I have many associated with Halloween. One being our Halloween dinner we have each year the Monday before Halloween. It has been the same menu for years. It wouldn't be tradition if it wasn't! We eat by candlelight and listen to the classic Halloween music CD's that I have collected over the years. The faves are Monster Mash, They're Coming to Take Me Away (my personal fave....some days I WISH they would!), Purple People Eater, etc. And of course we lots of dry ice is MUST! There is something about boys and dry ice that just blends so well. lol


















With Bryce and Sky off to college, there were just the two boys this year. Kinda sad, but we still had lots of fun!






Notice the LOVELY cast on Taylor's hand. He broke it the day AFTER football ended. As soon as his last football game ended I breathed a sigh of relief and remarked how happy I was we got through the season without any broken bones this year or serious injuries (though McKay did have stitches TWICE!). I was very surprised to get the text message the very next day that he had broken his hand. He did it in his weight lifting class. His teacher had them go out and throw the football that day and while they were playing, one of his friends accidentally turned and kicked his hand. It is a pretty bad break. The worst part of it all is basketball tryouts were just around the corner! Sheesh!
























The good news is he tried out this week WITH A BROKEN HAND AND CAST and made the team!!! Whew! Even more amazing is the coach really cut the team this year and five or six that were on it last year were cut but Taylor made it playing one handed! Only 7 sophomores made it this year so we are feeling very fortunate. Shows he can play with one hand behind his back!


















This display of Halloween pictures is one of my favorite things about Halloween. Being able to reminisce through the years is so heart warming. I have lots of photos of the costumes from when they were tiny to now. It is so fun to be able to enjoy them each year through the photos.



They love that dry ice!





halloween Pictures, Images and Photos
On Halloween night my parents always come up to eat dinner with us. I usually fix hot soup served in pumpkin bread bowls and some spooky other things to go along with it. This year I ran out of time and didn't make as many creepy things as I had hoped.


My cute mom and the PURPLE SPIDER CAKE!!!




















McKay had a party this year (too old to go trick or treating I guess---waaaaah!!) and they all couldn't get enough of the dry ice either.




Mom, Dad, Taylor, Dave




My cute Jaida!!! It wouldn't be Halloween if she didn't stop by! I always have a very special treat for her when she does! We are chocolate sistas!!! She has been my little chocolate pal since she was practically a newborn! LOVE THIS GIRL!!!
























Isn't she beautiful? She looks like a model already!
She is with her adorable brother Levi and sister Kiela.



Some of the fun eats this year!



Here are some real cute ideas for you for next year...













CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! ↓ So cute they aren't even scary!!!








Doesn't look so appealing (hey it IS Halloween!) but tastes delish!!!! I share recipes if you want any of them!!!! Just give me your email address.


Hope your HALLOWEEN was as SPOOKTACULAR as mine!!!!
Did I mention I ♥♥♥♥♥LOVE♥♥♥♥ Halloween?

3 comments:

Kelsee said...

Wow you are ONE AMAZING WOMAN! Do your boys know how lucky they are to have such a great mom? I am so impressed with your energy and creativity! You have more than an abundance in those departments! Share the wealth....please!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

What an amazing halloween!!!!!!!!!!! I love all your pictures, incredible!!!

Mercks Maid said...

You are most definitely the Queen! Soooooo amazing! I wanna come trick or treating at your house and stay for dinner next year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails