Welcome to Beacon of Hope's:
Food 4 Thought Friday!
A little feast without the calories!!
Feel free to play along for some yummy fun! I will post a new one each Thursday night for those that are on a different time zone. JOIN IN!!!
Food 4 Thought Friday ~ This week's questions:
Breakfast What happened that affected you in the world this week?
Lunch What guilty pleasure did you indulge in this week?
Dinner What has been on your mind this week?
Midnight Snack What made you proud this week?
Recipe of the Week (instead of your recipe for life what is it just for the week?)
Breakfast What happened that affected you in the world this week? Wow, it was a big week for news. The horrible tornadoes in Joplin, MO. Oprah's farewell show, which by the way, was FABULOUS! I certainly didn't watch her often, but when I did, I loved the influence she had for good on people's lives. She used her power for good.
Lunch What guilty pleasure did you indulge in this week? I bought some Born shoes at Dillard's and they were NOT on sale! If you know me well, you know I hate to pay full price for anything. They were SO cute and I really had to have them. Purple, of course. I asked if they were going to go on sale soon like next week, and the salesman told me they probably wouldn't all summer. Well, I just saw an ad and they are on sale right now! I am taking back my receipt and demanding a refund for the difference! UGH!
Dinner What has been on your mind this week? The tornado victims, the end of the school year, my IT Bands, wondering if I will be able to run long distances ever again, Oprah's farewell speech that made her sound like a member of my church, my two boys that are working in Hawaii, how grateful I am for just being alive.
Midnight Snack What made you proud this week? Once again, the term is "well pleased" in our house. ☺The article and picture of my son Taylor's football award that was in our local paper this week, was one of those big paydays for me. Finishing my half marathon strong even though my IT bands wigged out at mile 2!
Recipe of the Week (instead of your recipe for life what is it just for the week?) When things get tough, just get tougher than they are. All it takes is all you've got, and you've got it baby!
If you like Food 4 Thought Friday, you might enjoy playing these too:
And...here we go!
1. This week I feel like I am progressing in many directions finally!
2. Before summer gets here, I hope winter takes a hike and spring returns.
3. It's all about the chocolate.
4. Apparently during may half marathon, my legs spent too much time in the sun.
5. I demand a nap next Sunday.
6. Follow your own path, it's filled with exactly what you need.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to hopefully dinner and a movie with Dave, tomorrow my plans include well, not a long run that's for sure! I will kind of miss that!, catching up on some cleaning and my AMI blog, baking, and who knows what else and Sunday, I want to enjoy a day of rest ~ yeah right!
Friday 5: Food Treatments
1.What’s your favorite pickled food? Bread and butter pickles.
2.What’s your favorite dehydrated food? Banana's and apples.
3.What’s your favorite covered-in-chocolate food? I can't think of one that isn't my fave! lol It wasn't chocolate covered potato chips that's for sure. Probably cinnamon bears! YUM!
4.What’s your favorite sauteed-in-garlic-and-butter food? Pasta
5.What’s your favorite order-at-the-drive-through food? Italian from Fazolis or Rumbi Grill's rice bowls! mmmm.......
Thanks for participating, and may you have a yummy weekend! To play go HERE.
DO YOU PREFER…
1. To watch or participate? Depends on what it is. I do LOVE to participate, but there are times I love to watch too. I am very competitive and so I am usually found in the middle of it all.
2. Malls, catalog shopping, or the Internet? Hitting the mall and the strip mall.
3. A bath or shower? Looooooong HOT showers!
4. To talk to people by telephone, in person or by e-mail? Email or texting. I really prefer to not talk on the phone if possible unless it's my mom or boys or Dave.
5. Typing or writing? I would have to say typing because it's so much faster, but I do love to just write sometimes in my journal.