Food 4 Thought Friday!
A little feast without the calories!!
Feel free to play along for some yummy fun! I will post a new one each Thursday night for those that are on a different time zone. JOIN IN!!!
Food 4 Thought Friday ~ This week's questions:
Breakfast What are wishing was over?
Lunch How did you spend the 4th of July?
Dinner What surprised you this week?
Midnight Snack What has occupied a lot of your mind or time this week?
Recipe of the Week (instead of your recipe for life what is it just for the week?)
Breakfast What are wishing was over? My mom fell and broke her hip on Wednesday and I am wishing her healing and recovery were over. It's gonna be a long haul and I feel so bad for her.
Lunch How did you spend the 4th of July? We went to the cabin and went and saw the Bar J Wranglers perform. They are good friends with my FIL and husband and they always treat us MORE than nice. They try and pay them back for the medical services but are always way too generous. We missed Jackson Hole's fireworks because the others wanted to get back and watch Alpine's, but we were too late and missed those too. :( But the following Friday we saw some great ones at USU's Freedom Fire! On the way home from the cabin we stopped at Lava Hot Springs.
At USU Freedom Fire
Dinner What surprised you this week? I ran my first 5K since being injured at the Ogden Marathon and I had zero IT band problems. I was able to run the whole thing without stopping or any pain...well, IT band pain. There is ALWAYS pain in running! I got 2nd place in my age division. I got 1st last year, but this year I was just hoping to finish! I was surprised how well I did considering. It's a good run even with the gravel, hay bails you have to hurdle, and the 20 yard (or more!) SWAMP this year! Our shoes and legs were covered in mud! If we added a bike we would have had a tri-athlon! The best part was the pancake breakfast after! YUM!
Midnight Snack What has occupied a lot of your mind or time this week? Planning our trip to Hawaii. All the stuff I have not accomplished. My mother. Lists and lists of my things to do.
Recipe of the Week (instead of your recipe for life what is it just for the week?) Enjoy the journey along the way and quit focusing on the outcome or the destination. There is so much to enjoy and it's easy to overlook it when so focused on the final outcome of things.
And...here we go!
1. Blue skies were gray today and filled with moisture.
2. Taking a trip down memory lane is one of my favorite past times.
3. Kids of all ages are one of my favorite things in life!
4. Down time, great food, the people I'm with; these are some of the best things about vacation.
5. Love is amazing when it's understood.
6. You'll never catch me in any submarine races.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to visiting with my Mom who is in the hospital recovering from a fractured hip, going out to dinner, and enjoying the forecasted rainstorm, tomorrow my plans include a long run, and I was supposed to help with the American Mother's tri-athlon but I think I will help get my parents settled at home after my Mom's hospital discharge instead, and Sunday, I want to attend church and come home and seriously chill!