Monday, December 4, 2017

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, I got up early and did some Cyber Monday shopping.  By the time I headed out on my run, the temp had dropped 10 degrees or more and it was pouring rain. I came home to get a rain jacket but got preoccupied with Cyber Monday shopping and never got back out.  Sigh...  I spent a lot of time shopping on line because there were some great deals and I had text the boys for ideas and so between their texts coming back and forth and trying to find the best deals, it was  exhausting ! Hah  And I though shopping in real stores was bad!  It was frustrating when I would have something in my cart and when I would go to order it, it was gone.  When I realized that all my orders would be coming all basically the same day, I got out my UPS, Fed Ex, and USPS goody basket, filled it up and set it out on my porch again like last year.  Hopefully, it will make someone's day this season.  
We had our annual holiday movie night with the Packers tonight and per tradition, Dave informed me he was on call just like he always does the day of.  Not sure how that always happens, but I just plan on it now.  We were kind of on standby depending on when he made it home.  We were doing crepes this year because in one of our home teaching discussions, we talked about my love of crepes and Dave told them about my orange sauce that we put on our crepes.  We decided it would be fun to have a crepe night along with the movies.  I was looking forward to it!  Sadly, the Coleman's are out of town and would have to miss it this year, but whenever we try to reschedule it ends up happening after the holidays, so we went with it.  Miraculously Dave got home before 6:45! I was cutting up fruit and making the orange sauce and banana foster sauce when he got home.  We packed it all up and headed over.  We love seeing their Christmas Village each year.  Check this out...
Brother Packer has an awesome crepe maker.  I never wanted the kind where you have to spread them out on the pan because it looks difficult.  But he made it look easy. I have decided we need that one because it's nice to have larger crepes. My crepe maker makes smaller ones, which is also nice at times.  It is super easy as well, but I think I am ready to advance to the "real" size of crepes. Maybe for Christmas?  
The crepes were DELISH!  I love crepes ! He even made us a sample of the savory turkey pesto ones The Crepery serves.  Yum, Yum, Yum!  We then went downstairs and watched the movie The Scarlett and The Black with Christopher Plummer and Gregory Peck.  It was an excellent movie with an incredible message.  I had never even heard of it.  Good choice.
Then for the first time we saw his incredible seashell collection.  All these years and I had no idea he had such an extensive amazing collection.  These people never cease to amaze and surprise me.  They both have so much talent and so many interests and knowledge of so many different areas, that it's so much fun to see what's next!  We saw the cars he has been making for his wooden pattern business.  Unfortunately my battery died on my phone and I couldn't take any photos of them. Talent oozing out of the walls of that home!  
I am so grateful he is our home teacher.  He has been such a delight to get to know and we have sure grown to love both him and Jill.  Such amazing people.  We got home about 11:15 or so.  Definitely later than most years, but so much fun.  

dear tuesday, I got up early to go pick my parents up at the airport.  Unfortunately I got stuck in a huge traffic mess due to two accidents, but I still arrived before they had their luggage.  They told me all about their trip and how everyone is trying to get them to move to Cali now.  We stopped for breakfast at Mickey D's and then went to their house to eat it. I had the yogurt parfait.  Mickey D's and I don't get along too well and that's about the only thing I can handle.  I stayed there for quite a while and then ran to a couple stops on my way home.  
I was going to head to Logan to get McKay a new suit since the new one we did get him ended up not working out (due to the alterations) but he didn't want to go suit shopping. That kid hates to shop!  It was really nice to have some down time without having to run anywhere for the afternoon.  Dave had meetings of course. I cleaned and blogged and read several blogs about "A Day in the Life" of several bloggers which was very interesting and actually got ready for bed around 9:00. I have harp in the morning and I should have stayed up for at least an hour practicing but I just needed some down time. I did get in it with a customer service rep for some stupid face stuff I bought that I didn't know I would be automatically charged for each month and so I cancelled but hey won't refund my money.  Grrr... I wrote a letter to corporate because she was so nasty with me on the phone.  Ticked me off!  On a sidenote, I'm worried about Mr. Cat. He has been limping.

I was asked to write a bit about my self and my running history on the Utah Running Team page so they could get to know me better.  Here is what I posted:
Thanks for the welcome! I am looking forward to being a part of this group. As far as a little bit about me, I didn't start running until 10 years ago at the age of 45. I mainly began because I wanted the t shirt that said, "I Survived the Dam Race" (Mantua Dam Race) and after that I was hooked!  I ran my first full marathon three years later. I've now run 9 marathons and 25+ halfs, I worked hard to qualify for Boston and finally ran it this year! I qualified again for 2018 and 2019 and I just got my confirmation letter this week for 2018!!! Running Boston was the dream of a lifetime. I am so excited to do it again! I'm excited to get to know everyone!


dear wednesday, I got up early and finally practiced the harp.  Sky text me to see if I was going to be around because Sarah was having her tooth pulled at 11:00. I told him I wasn't because I had my lesson, returns, and a boutique.  I did call Grammy to see if she wanted to come over and be with Carson while they were at dentist because she has been saying she wanted to see him. She said she would.  Her and my Dad came over. I called after my lesson and things were fine but Carson got on phone and said, "Get here now!" He was missing me. So cute.   I got my returns done and hit Sams Club and then ran to the boutique.  It took much longer than planned.  I feel so much pressure to get my shopping done and I have barely even started.  Everyone already has all their Christmas decors up and houses lit up and I still have Thanksgiving up.  I did get my OUTSIDE Christmas up though. I had to get the totes down myself because I was tired of waiting for those.  I can't do the inside totes alone though or I would.
Tomorrow I hope!  I got home and Carson was very happy to see me.  McKay was here as well.  He has to speak tonight at a missionary fireside.  Carson sure loves Taylor.  Taylor loves him.  Taylor loves all little kids and they all love him back.
I gave Carson a lego nativity to set up at his house and a cute little baby Jesus in a manager that you add straw to when you do something nice.  I also got him a Chocolate gingerbread house we will build next time he comes.  I think Sky was rolling his eyes a bit because I have taken on the "grandma" role and spoil him. haha  Dave was on call, but got here just as we were all sitting down to dinner. Dave, McKay and I had to leave for his talk and Carson was very sad I was leaving.  I felt so bad.  I got this text from Sky:

You might be happy to hear a convo that just happened between Carson and I:

Me: I know you're sad, but sometimes even grandmas get busy and have things to do.

Carson: Hers not a grandma!

Me: Kinda. She's my mom so that means she's kind of your grandma.

Carson:  Well I'm not calling her that because her doesn't look like a grandma

And I didn't think it was possible to love that little guy any more than I already do!  Hah 

McKay made me one proud mama tonight. Holy cow I was proud of him! There were five missionaries that spoke but he was the one returned the longest and you could tell. As I sat there and listened to him, I kept thinking to myself, "That is my baby!  He is all grown up and has truly become a man!"  I couldn't get over how much wisdom he had and gospel knowledge.  He really was so mature and shared many things that just made me proud to be his mama.  I had tears coming from my eyes because I was so proud of him. Not in a sinful proud kind of way, but in a mama pride kind of way.  It was one of those mama paydays. He was so mature and seriously I had no idea how grown up and wise he had become.  He talked about gratitude as well and that made me so happy because I tried so hard to teach him the power of gratitude as he was growing up.  He talked about how he focused on being grateful when things got hard. He said when things were tough he reminded himself he was IN RUSSIA! And that changed the hard instantly to gratitude. I am so grateful I was able to go. However, I did want to bop him on the head when he was talking to his buddy Derek who was sitting by him on the stand and chatting during the closing song. So I guess he's not completely mature! hah That kid has always loved to talk and be social. But all that aside, I am just in awe that my baby has become a man. It is a cool thing but kinda sad at the same time.
Mr. Cat is much worse. He now has a huge growth on the upper part of his leg.  Not sure if it's an abscess or tumor or what.  I called the vet and I got an appointment for him tomorrow.  Dave brought a rocefin shot home because he was concerned because he was not looking good yesterday.  But he was acting okay and not lethargic and so I think we will wait. I hope I'm not making a mistake.  

dear thursday, I finally got a run in this week!  I only went six miles so that won't make up for my lack of miles, but I wasn't really feeling it.  I was overdressed because it was 23 degrees when I got ready and by the time I actually got out, it was near 40.  I had to shed layers.  I am still finding Halloween treats!  This one was a giant Kit Kat.  Did I eat it?  Nah...  It actually had a bit of a hole in the package and even I don't like chocolate enough to be that dumb.  :)
I came home and did some more online shopping. Man I would like to be done early this year, but I'm not even close.  Mr. Cat was still looking pretty bad but eating and not lethargic.  So that is good.  I took him to the vet. He was not happy on the way there. He meowed very deeply the entire way. I played soothing Christmas music for him and it actually calmed him a bit.  The vet had to take a sample to see if his lump was an abscess or not and it was.  That meant they had to take a scalpel and lance it so it can drain.  It was a pretty big lance.  Poor thing! They took him out to the other room and I could hear him meowing once in a while. I felt bad for him.  He not only had to have that done, but get his regular shots (2) and another shot of antibiotics.  I felt so bad for the poor thing.  They said he was a tough one and took it well.  I could tell he was scared to death.  He also said his teeth aren't doing too great and I will need to brush them because one has pus coming from it.  Geeze, the poor thing. I feel so bad for animals to have to go through all the pain of teeth issues and not having any care for them.  It's sad.  He is a tough boy.  I had a little talk with him and told him he needs to stop fighting!  All this would be prevented if he wouldn't fight!  He was much happier and calmer on the drive home.  And so happy once he was back inside the house.  
My face when I could hear him meowing in pain in the other room.  I felt like I did when my boys had to be circumcised. I would wait in the other room and try not to hear their cries.  
He has perked up so much already since it has been draining and having antibiotics.
I got my front porch decorated for Christmas even though I still have Thanksgiving up inside.  Oh well.  Progress at least.  I did my VT and then came home and Dave was on call so he was later than normal and as soon as he got home he had to go release a missionary. I was unusually tired tonight.

dear friday, I decided to do my long run today. Well, if you consider 8 miles a long run.  I guess it is when I'm not training.  It was hard though!  I felt exhausted.  Robin text me during and we were going to meet up but my phone froze.  Ugh. 
I came home and took a long hot shower.  It warmed me up!  I was going to put up Christmas but couldn't get Dave to get all the totes yet. Taylor came home because he has a date in SLC tonight. He is going with one of Aubrey's friends.  They are doubling.  I never see or usually even know who he is dating unless one of my nieces is involved.  So I wrote Aubrey and told her to send me a picture.  :)
I worked hard all day trying to get my Christmas gifts organized and some wrapped.  I didn't realize I had so much done already.  Getting closer.  I love shopping online!  It makes life so much easier!  When Dave got home we talked about going out to dinner but decided to just stay home and eat here. I was craving pancakes so that's what we had.  Mmmm....  they were really yummy.  I worked on the poem for a bit but didn't make much progress.  

dear 12th angelversary for tyson, wow.  This year was tough.  You just never know from one to the next.  Some years the week leading up to it is much worse then the actual day. Not this year. I have been so busy I guess that it didn't even hit me until today.  And hit me it did.  I am not sure why this year was so much worse.  You just never know from one to the next. I have always said it comes in waves.  Sometimes they are little baby ones that don't cause much havoc, but other times they are huge crashing ones that just bowl you over totally unexpectedly.  I guess I should have expected it, but was feeling great until this morning.  It's been 12 years.  That is so crazy to me.  I started to think about him and how sick he was. I've been feeling him near lately.  I miss him so much.  There is such a hole in my heart and in our lives with him gone.  The thing that makes me feel better is when I see a picture of him being so funny and cute.  The ones when you can see he isn't feeling well are killers.  It also helps when I focus on the fact that we had him for 17 years instead of thinking of the years we missed out on.  Sometimes that takes work. It doesn't always come naturally, even though I have been working on it to for many years.  

My dad posted a picture of him with Tyson in the hospital and that made me smile. 
He was so much fun. He was always just being so cute.  A prankster for sure.  It also helps reading everyone's sweet comments on FB or IG or the texts and phone calls I got.  Bonnie dropped by when I was gone but left me a sweet gift. It's a bracelet with a palm tree and sunglasses. So Tyson.  She is so thoughtful.  Audrey dropped by some chocolate ecstasy.  So glad we have that tradition. 

Here's my post on FB:  
My heart is full today as we mark the 12th Angelversary of our son Tyson. Heaven always feels much closer on this day. Hard to imagine we've now gone 12 years without his hilarious personality, his giggle, his amusing antics, his wit, his pranks, his bravery, and most of all his kindness. He left a huge hole in our hearts but we truly rejoice and are so grateful we were blessed to have that courageous boy in our lives for the 17 years we did. Thankfully, we made enough cherished memories to last a lifetime. We feel his presence with us daily as he continues to be part of our lives. Tyson was a bright light to the world and made an impact on so many lives. I know he continues to change lives for the better on the other side.
 In honor of Tyson, I would challenge each of you as you go about your day today, to stop and remember that life is short and to CHERISH THE MOMENTS and hug those you love a little tighter. Each day is a gift! And also, please do an act of service in his name today to make the world a little brighter as he did each and every day to those around him! #LightTheWorld
and miss you bud. I hope you are hanging from some heavenly palm tree today providing entertainment for those above. Keep 'em laughing in heaven! 

_̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡ FOREVER in our hearts...never forgotten. 🏝🌴🏝#familiesareforever #LightTheWorld #missingyou😇


dear saturday, I was hoping a run would help me feel better emotionally and so I headed out and got in six miles.  It helped during the run, but not much after. It helped that I found a lot of coins today.  That is always a good thing. It's almost like someone put them there for me.  Hmmm......  
When I got home I hurried and got ready and Robin came and got me for the home show.  It was a good one this year.  There were seven homes and some cabins in Mantua as well as the new Education center.  We only went there because we were told they were feeding you lunch.  Nope.  We got a tiny brownie.  But I did see Marcus there.  He was so cute.  I was so excited to see the Blanchard home. I have wanted to tour it since they moved in.  It was amazing.  And you couldn't even feel jealous because they are thee nicest people and you are just happy that they are able to enjoy such an incredible home.  She even baked cookies!  
However, when we went to the two homes in Kotter Canyon....HOLY!  I was blown away.  And I must say I was a bit jealous. I told Robin we needed to move on fast because I was starting to covet big time. haha  Both home owners were much younger than we were and we were blown away by how they could start out so well.  One even had a helicopter in his garage.  Yeah.  They are barely 30!   Both homes were just so amazing!  I would move in in a heart beat.  Other than I don't like that they don't have a lot of privacy or yard.  So, only if I could move it to my lot.  Hah  The theater room and kitchen is what sold me. Oh, and the shower!  So many cool things in that house!  I was loving it.
This theater is hands down my favorite I have ever seen.  I love that it's not in an enclosed room all to itself but still dark even though it's open.
I was drooling over how cute this ribbon candy looked in the jar at the Rose home.  I asked her where she got it and she said Walmart.  I was so excited to go get some for my jar.  She then was so sweet and gave me a box!  Love it!
Then we went next door and it was also amazing. 
I ran into several peeps I know at that one. First the Capeners.  We haven't seen each other for so long and Leslie was still just as hilarious.  She had Nick and Chris with her.  We chatted for quite a while and then I saw Bryce's partner's wife Leeann and so went over and talked to her.  She just went on and on and on about how much she loves Bryce.  She told me he is a literal life saver and is the hardest worker she has ever met and he never complains and is always happy and is so good at everything and has that light park up and running pretty  much single handedly.  She had so much praise for him. She wouldn't stop telling me what a great kid he is.  It was a payday for mama. I soaked it all in and honestly had to agree with her because everything she said is true.  He is one amazing kid. I am so proud of him.  He may have chosen a different path than what we laid out for him, but I couldn't ask for a son with a bigger and kinder heart or a harder worker.  She was sweet.  
Then we talked to Natasha for a long time about health stuff and kid stuff.  She is a hoot.  We went to one home in Harper Ward. It was an older home and did us good after seeing those other two.  I told Robin we should probably drive through the trailer park now.  Dave always said that me after going to the Parade of Homes.  I am amazed at how many people have so much money.  Either that or they are in debt up to their eyeballs!  We also went to Mantua and saw an older home there and some new cabins by the dam.  It was fun.
I found a purple guitar in one of the homes!!!
Best decor of the day!
When I got home Taylor was hanging Christmas lights and Dave was cooking hamburger gravel because we were out. I felt bad Taylor was doing the lights alone and that Dave was doing the gravel alone, but he had it all handled and so I practiced my harp.  While I was practicing someone knocked at the door and in blasted Carson!  He burst inside with his huge smile and energy and was so excited to see me. He came over and gave me the biggest hug ever!  I loved it!  He wanted to play so bad but Dave had disappeared and so I ended up doing the hamburger so it didn't burn  We got in a few minutes of play time but then I had to go get dressed for the hospital party. He came and helped me get ready.....by that I mean he sprayed my perfume all over my bathroom, and in his hair and in mine. haha  He cracks me up.  He was very sad when we had to go. Breaks my heart!  I felt bad we had the hospital party because it was also our ward party (with Santa) and I would have taken him there!  Oh well.  It was also my running party for the Utah Runners group I was accepted into.  This month is crazy!  It's already started. 
The hospital party was at the golf course again.  When we arrived, we were a bit early.  We had the wrong time, but only by about 15 minutes. I didn't know any of the peeps there.  After awhile the ones I did know started to arrive.  We sat with the Ashdown's, the Sumko's and Dave's parents.  It was nice to catch up with the Ashdown's.  He retires in a week!  Crazy!  I can't believe he is actually retiring. He's not much older than us!  They want to go on a mission though.  The band was Code Blue and one of the members came up to us and introduced himself like we knew him but neither of us had a clue.  We looked him up on Facebook and recognized him and his wife, but it wasn't coming to us.  So when he was up playing in the band, I went over to his wife and just asked her.  She told me we lived by them in Centerville. They were in our ward and lived across the street from us. Then I remembered!  I was so glad I just asked otherwise it would have drove me crazy trying to place them!  Gary Bullock.  The food was incredible as it always is when catered by Iron Gate.  But the dessert was my favorite!  Oh. My.  It was this raspberry lemon cake that was to die for!


  We got some photos with our good friends the Ashdown's.  
 They have always been such great friends.
 These two have been great friends since we started practicing here 24 years ago.  Dr. Ashdown in retiring this month.  He's too young to retire!  At least I think so!  He's only a couple years older than me I think.  But they want to go on a mission and so that is pretty cool.  Dr. Ashdown actually came to our home when Tyson got so very sick.  He stopped by at 4:00 pm and after examining Tyson he told us he only had hours to live.  Tyson was not responsive when he was there.  He was right.  He passed away 4 hours later. Interesting that this dinner was held exactly 12 years to the day AND time that that happened.  I didn't put that together until I was writing this.


dear sunday, I had to teach SS today and play the piano.  I felt a bit brain dead while teaching.  Yesterday took it out of me.  I had Dave come in and talk for a few minutes about callings.  My lesson was on the importance of serving in the church.  Piano went well.  Came home and I was worthless the rest of the day. I had a migraine trying to erupt and so I laid down. I tried to work on the poem but just couldn't concentrate.  I ended up watching Christmas Orange movie.  I have never seen it. It was tear jerker.  Taylor was going to swing by with his date to get our Escalade because IT WAS SNOWING!  First snowfall of the season!  
 Nothing like the first snowfall of the season!
I was feeling pretty depressed I wasn't able to get my inside Christmas decors up, but I was too nauseated and felt crappy.  The migraine never fully hit, just the other symptoms, but I have a feeling it's on it's way.

Mr. Cat certainly knows how to ride out a winter storm!  He makes me feel all cozy just looking at him!

 On a sidenote, I got these cool FREE Boston running socks from Strava!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails