Monday, December 18, 2017

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, today my Boston training officially begins.  I got out and got in a pretty good 5 miler.  When I got home McKay was here.  He had forgotten his wallet and so since he was already here he took his final in town.  I got up early this morning and finished packaging my bath bombs, as well as practiced my harp.  The recital is getting close!  
I headed out to my Sistas Christmas party at the Greenery.  We were supposed to wear some sort of Christmas hat.  Most wore elf ears etc, but I wore a Fedora (aka Elf Pimp hat) hahaha!
The gifts everyone brought for each other.  Carla also brought bath bombs!
They all called me their pimp (elf pimp). Hah  We had a lot of women walk over and tell us how cute we were and that they wanted to be in our fun group.  We had a good turnout.  Kathy was between two parties at the same place.  We exchanged gifts.  It was a good time.  We shopped for a bit and then I had to run a bunch of errands. Mostly Christmas shopping.  :(  I do not like that it gets dark so early.  I worked on Christmas stuff.   I actually got the calendar DONE last night!  Yay!  Only one.  One more to go!  Argh!   

dear tuesday, I had to be to my harp lesson at 7:15 a.m. My alarm went off at 5 a.m. but I had been awake since 3:30.  Yep!  Not fun!  It was dark when I arrived.  I guess it's good it gets dark early so it's not dark so long in the a.m.  Mackenzie was having her lesson and then I joined in for the last half so we could practice our duet. It sounded much better this week, but sheesh, I get so frustrated with myself when I make mistakes!  I pray I won't really mess up!  If you mess up during a solo, you can fake a recovery but not in a duet. I hope this was a good idea. It does sound sooooo pretty though.  We are playing Greensleeves.  I had to kill several hours before Lori's party and so I headed to Farmington and actually took about a 20 minute nap in my car because I couldn't keep my eyes open!  I didn't actually fall asleep but it felt good to just rest.  I still have my lingering headache and nausea.  Today my vision was shot as well. I couldn't read any price tags and I just felt dizzy and yucky.   I shopped for the next five hours!  Not sure I accomplished a lot as far as checking everyone off, but I did some.  
 I found this 22 pound bag of chocolate in Home Goods!  I was able to read THIS price tag unfortunately!  It was '"only" $299.99!  It was half the size of me!  I was tempted (not really), figuring it would take me a few years to eat all of that!  
I got lost going to Lori's for our Sista Christmas Party...haha.  Oh well.  Here's the cute invite I made:
It was a fun group.  We ate her crockpot lasagna, breadsticks, salad, and treats everyone brought.  
Then we made snowmen.  
She took us on a tour of her house and then we exchanged gifts. I made out pretty well.  I got CHOCOLATE and a $10 Subway gift card!  Kathy got mine and I was happy because it was the game called something about "Can you goose the moose?"...or something?  Yesterday at the Greenery she was doing that to the stuffed moose. hehe (meese)  

Anyway, it was a fun day.  My head felt a little better at Lori's but came back after I left.  It's been going on now for almost two weeks.   I headed to a couple more stores and then came home and practiced piano for tonight's RS meeting and headed over to the church.  It was a yummy meal.  The program was a few sisters talking about their fave picture of the Savior and why it was.  I took the one of Tyson with the Savior.  

dear wednesday, it was SO cold this morning.  Only 17 degrees and no sun and the humidity was super high. I didn't want to go out.  Plus this headache is still lingering.  Here's a couple of the temps I ran in this week.  Could be worse.  Actually, it WILL be worse, so for now, I am happy with these!

I worked on Christmas all morning.  Dave was off and he sat in the piano room and watched me play my harp recital piece.  That helps me so I can get used to people starring at me while I play.  Then Sarah text me telling me she found a cute Fisher Price nativity (hard to find and really expensive right now ) for $15.  I messaged the seller and set up a time to meet and pay her.  I left to run to Ogden to pick up the nativity and I messaged her again for her address and she told me it was sold.  What?!  Yep!  She sold it and was very snotty with me about it.  She made it sound like it was first come first serve and that I wasn't the first to ask for her address.  Geeze. I was miffed!  But since I was there I did some shopping. I had to hurry back to take dinner to a family in our ward with Karen.  Dave actually made the spaghetti and I threw together a salad. I met Karen there and it was nice.  I then delivered our first night 12 Days of Christmas gift.  Then I dropped off a ton of new toys etc to Pat's house for an Eagle project to give to the Family Support Center.  We ate and then Dave had meetings and I worked on catching up part of my blog! I am so behind!  Rush, rush, rush!  The Christmas rush is on!

dear thursday, I got up and practiced my recital piece a million times!  I recorded it several times too.  I worry that I am going to mess up even though I KNOW IT like the back of my hand.  When Dave sat down and starred at me while I played it, I got all flustered.  
Dave snapped this of how I was feeling after practicing it and messing up so much when being watched!
I somehow have to learn to control my  nerves so I don't get stressed when everyone is watching.  Argh!   It's causing me stress!  A little two and half minute song!  We are playing Greensleeves (What Child is This?) and so I want it to be good. I want it to be my gift to the Father and the Son for his precious birth and life.  I hope I can play it well just for that reason.  
I ran 5.5 miles. I hit the cemetery today and I feel terrible I haven't put up any Christmas decors on Tyson's grave yet.  This year I feel behind in every single thing!  The poem is really stressing me out the most!!!  I worked on it, but mostly the letterhead and pictures for it. I only have a couple sentences written.  STRESS!!!  Not sure WHEN I am going to get it done either.  I KNOW I SHOULD start it sooner, but honestly, my brain won't do it until crunch time for some odd reason.  I hear there that's common for some people.  I don't like it, but it's the way it is.   Sigh......  I got some Christmas done as well.  COMING TOO FAST!   McKay was home for Christmas and Taylor comes home tomorrow.  I did the 12 Days of Christmas by myself because Dave was late again.  


dear friday, I wanted to run 10 miles today because I am supposed to tomorrow but it's supposed to snow tomorrow.  I headed out west and got in five but the air quality was really bad and so I started having second thoughts about going 10 with the inversion in the air.  
I know how bad it is for you and so I headed home but on the way home I decided I would just do it and go five more.  I figured it wouldn't seem like 10 that way.  As I headed down 700 North, I ran into Robin coming up.  She was ready to be done after 5 but I talked her into going a few more.  I ended up with 10 and she ended up with 9.  It was perfect.  And it didn't feel like 10 breaking it up. I hope it counts!  hah

I worked on Christmas again but felt a bit paralyzed today.  I practiced the harp a LOT today and I have it down but still make stupid mistakes!  I'm getting nervous for tomorrow!   I worked on Christmas and I am once again feeling the PANIC!  I don't know why I can't get it done!  It's not like I don't start early enough. Well, technically, I guess I need to start NOW for next year!  HoHoHo!  I think my main issue is that have a hard time deciding what to get people...it's like it's the end of the world if I don't get them the perfect gift. I put way too much pressure on myself in that regard and I have to stop it. It's not my job to make sure EVERY SINGLE PERSON on my list has a perfect Christmas!  I need to SIMPLIFY my expectations in that regard and I am sure I would enjoy it much more!  

Dave and I delivered our 12 Days of Christmas gift and then we went to eat at Old Grist. We ran into some old ward members from when we were first married.  It was chilly!  I wanted to just cuddle up and watch a good Christmas movie in my room and chill, but I had so much to do I couldn't. I have decided I'm not going to get my mom's calendar done this year before Christmas and so it will be her birthday present. It will definitely cost me more to wait, but there is NO way I am going to find the time to get it done.  Well, unless I choose to not sleep from now until Christmas!  I take way too many pictures and so it makes it very time consuming!  BUT... I am NOT complaining!  I know full well, one day I won't need to make them anymore because our parents won't be around.  And that will be one sad day because I will no longer have a scrapbook of the entire year.  The poem is stressing me out mostly now! Oh, that poem!  I practiced the harp some more before bed.  Nerves are sprouting for the recital tomorrow!

dear saturday, I woke up to beautiful SNOW falling! I absolutely love the feeling I get when it snows.  It's so peaceful and it truly does bring the Christmas spirit.  I practiced my harp song first thing. Nanette says that is what to do each morning. Get up and practice your piece COLD because that is most likely the way you will perform it.  So I did and I did pretty well.  I've been making fewer mistakes the past two days. I can play the thing flawlessly unless someone is watching me play it.  I need to work on recovering from mistakes when I make them without drawing attention that I made one.  It's not easy doing that, trust me!  I headed out on a five mile run in the snow.  It was so pretty. I love running in the snow because it's so peaceful.  Today not so much because so many peeps were out shoveling.  I wore my yak tracks and I needed them. The last thing I need is to slip on the ice or snow and get injured!  
I came home and was pretty wet and so I got right in the shower.  Felt so good!
We headed to Kaysville to my recital about 2:15.  When we arrived, Karen and Nanette were unloading harps.  Mickey and I practiced a few times and I was feeling much less nervous.  That was until Barry came and sat right in front of where I would be playing.  hah  I told him he had to move or look at the floor. LOL  My parents came and then Sky and Sarah and Carson.  I think I had the biggest fan club. It was kind of embarrassing for just a two and half minute song. I have never invited my parents to a recital before and they got after me for it and so I did invite them to this one but I told them to not come because it's so far and it's so short!  And I wasn't even doing a solo!  Oh well.  They are very supportive and so they came.  It was cute.  And Sky came because Sarah insisted.  She is sweet that way.  Carson was so cute when he saw me.  He just has my heart!  
The big moment arrived and we got up to play our duet.  I announced it as What Child is This and we introduced ourselves and off we went.  
It was actually fun and we did a pretty good job. One of our best so far.  The only bad thing was I couldn't get the G pedal to go down all the way and it made a real twangy sound.  Argh!  Oh well.  That was the worst of the mistakes I think.  It wasn't perfect, but it was good enough.  Everyone kind of struggled with their pieces this time. Not sure why, but even those that I didn't expect to did.  It took off the pressure I think.  
We ate at Grandma Annies in Kaysville after the recital.  
My Pa owned a car (back in the day) just like the one in the photo behind him.
Then we had to rush home because the Bar J Wranglers gave us tickets to their concert in Logan tonight.  Dave's parents and Sky, Sarah and Carson all came.  It was snowing in Sardine and the roads were horrible on the way.  It was freezing in Logan.  Carson entertained us on the way up.  He is so funny.  Dave's dad was getting a kick out of him.  The concert was good as always and they had us all laughing.  You can hear their same jokes over and over and they are always still just as funny.  
We came home and Sky had to go get his car in Honeyville and so Carson and I played in the playroom for quite a while.  I was getting tired.  They left about 11:30 p.m.  I had to stay up and work on my SS lesson a bit before I could hit the sack.  I want to take a long winter's nap!

dear sunday, I got up at 5 a.m. and worked on my SS lesson and Christmas.  I spent a lot of time reading my scriptures and praying this morning because I am feeling so grateful to our Savior for all He did for each of us, especially for me.  I have felt the spirit of Christmas more this year than I can remember in a long while.  I spent longer on that than normal reading this morning because I had more time.  I practiced the piano for RS for a bit, made brownies for my class, and then headed to church.  Taylor came to our meetings but McKay went back to Logan last night for his.  Sadly, Coop was at our ward and he wasn't.  I only had three kids in SS.  But, it went well and I think it was a good Christmas lesson.  I felt the spirit and so I hope they did.  I have to add that the family we are doing the 12 DOC for, seemed a bit different today.  At least the mom did.  I really think it has had an effect on them.  I know when someone did it for us a few times after Tyson passed away, it makes you wonder who is doing it and so you treat everyone like they might be the ones.  It's interesting both ways.  Taylor worked hard on his pre-application thing for medical school.  McKay watched his Panther's make the playoffs. He was yelling from the basement, "TOUCHDOWN!" when they scored.  He gets more excited than anyone I know!
 I had a hard time choosing which picture of Dave and I to post this year.  We always take one in front of the tree in our Sunday clothes.  I usually have a hard time finding one I like, but this year I couldn't choose.  So I'll post all of them.
 Winner....↓
We had a roast for lunch and then I hit the poem.  I actually felt really good at my progress. In fact, I got it done!  But, not really.  It's just a rough draft and it needs a lot of work still.  But I got every line written anyway.  I still have to add photos and that will take me a couple of hours. But, my goal is to have it done by tomorrow night so I can enjoy Tuesday when we go see Bryce's park in Idaho.  I am still not done with my shopping either.  Close though!


dear random,
Patriarch Allred made this and gave it to us this year!  Wow!  He is amazingly talented!  He carved the smaller one for us last year!  I just love that man.  He is truly the most Christlike person I have ever met.
The King is ready for Christmas.  At least someone around here is.
Tay on a double date with Aubrey and Sam
Cuties
McKay posted this (it was a video so I took acscreen-shot of it)
 Bryce's park
 Tyson sure would do that!!!
Sky sent me this....sorry if I already added.
 Hard to believe two of these friends are now gone.
Throwback.....
My sentiments exactly!

This year's (2018) Boston jackets!  Hmm....  Not sure what I think.  The internet is going crazy with people complaining about how ugly they are this year.  I'm just GRATEFUL I GET to wear one!  I ordered mine and so we will see how it looks in person.
Love this so much!  My friend's sister made it.  I want to learn how.
My Christmas Crack recipe adding for reference


dear quotes, 



2 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

Loved reading this post. You are so brave with the Harp. Sounds scary to me.
I want to remember the line that went something like this: "Not my job to make sure that everyone has the perfect Christmas gift."
I need to learn that 'Sometimes good enough is just that...good enough!'

Audrey said...

I love that you are getting so proficient on the harp! Not to long and you will be accompanying the ward choir in Sacrament Meeting! Your Sistas group is absolutely amazing! What a wonderful group of ladies.
Good job getting the poem finished. It is MARVELOUS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails