Monday, January 7, 2019

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, New Year's Eve already!  My leg was feeling pretty good today. I went downstairs early so I could get the poem done.  I want it done, printed, and put in envelopes by afternoon.  I got it done and had Sky edit it a bit.  It's pretty good, but nothing spectacular. I am just glad it's done!  Yay!  I will probably post it on the Christmas week post instead of this one though since it is pretty late. Sky took it to the Print Shop but they were closed today. Ugh.  Guess it won't get out today.  Carson came up and we watched Indiana Jones.  He is so cute.  Love that kid. He gets bored being upstairs all the time and he went down and hung out with everyone else.  There was a party at Dave's parents tonight but I really wasn't up to going. So not like me, I know. Karen wasn't going to be there either so that made it easier to miss.  Everyone decided to stay here. Sky made chicken wings.  Mmmm... so good!  I was not feeling too hot and so I tried to get some rest. I did fall asleep for an hour around 7 or 8 pm  All my boys stayed here instead of their parties. They brought me up some dinner. Then I rested while everyone was downstairs partying away. All the boys were here except McKay.  Haylie was here with Bryce too. They were having so much fun without me.  Waaaa.  Taylor sent me a text saying to come play Taboo.  I was having a serious case of FOMO and so I went down.  We played Taboo and then Apples to Apples. McKay got home about 11:30.  He had been at a party but came home.  We asked him why he would do that and he said, because of me.  They all said they wanted to stay here so I didn't have to be alone.  How nice are they?  I seriously have the sweetest boys ever.  The others said they hung around here too because they didn’t want me to be alone.(Sarah told me that ).  They have all been so nice helping me with all the stuff I just can’t do .... cleaning, cooking, errands, etc.  I still go down and start to clean up stuff and they get mad.  We watched the ball drop and before I knew it was 2019!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Wow! My foot got super swollen during the night .  It went completely numb.  That has not happened before.  I had a sock on it all day which I never do and I guess it wasn’t able to circulate well enough then   I slept in the bed tonight.  It went okay but I only got 2.5 hours of sleep again.  Not sure what's with that number but seems to be the norm.    

dear tuesday, HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019! Wow!  
Image result for new year 2019
How did it get to be 2019 already?  Next year it will be 2020.  Carson came up in my room and he was so adorable.  Dave made french toast and it was really good.  Sky and crew packed up and headed out pretty early because he had to work.  All the boys were here and so we decided to take down the tree.  Everyone chipped in and we got it done fast.  
I put the ornaments away and I am shocked how much that took out of me.  I planned on getting all of Christmas down, but I just didn't have the energy or strength.  This is so not like me.  Not sure if the healing takes it out of me, or the clots, or just the overwhelming-ness of everything, or what.  But, something did.  I got on my computer and worked on my blog for a while.  Surprisingly, I was able to sit that long without my leg just dying. It didn't go purple either.  That is progress! I was pretty excited about that!   I tweaked the poem just a bit as well.  Then I could tell I needed to get up an rest and so I did.  It felt so good.  Taylor hung around all day and spent the night.  McKay had to work at Maddox.  I get pretty frustrated with all the stuff I see around here that needs doing, that I just can't do.  I thought everyone would appreciate all I do, but honestly, no one notices what doesn't get done.  I am the one that has noticed how much I do.  Even I had no idea!  LOL Dave brought me some hot soup and it tasted so good.  It was snowing softly outside and I was all cozy in my blankets and it was all just so comforting.  Mr. Cat has been my constant companion.  He honestly spends his entire day with me.  I am glad it's winter so he wants to be inside.  I love his company!
Guess Dave wants to X-ray again tomorrow.   Frequently a stress fracture break won’t show up until a couple weeks later.  I can’t imagine it NOT being broke.   Just makes no sense if it’s not.  If it is - I pray it’s nothing that requires surgery and just need a boot.  A boot would actually be welcome.   It’s scary always having it exposed to get bumped etc., and it’s so painful if it does.   That would protect It though. It’s either my ankle or fibula.  I’m almost 100% certain it’s the fibula.  But the back of my knee and thigh are now hurting.

MY ONE WORD OF THE YEAR IS: 
My word for the year is SANGUINE. I really gave it a lot of thought before choosing one this year and I fell in love with this word. I knew my word for the year was going to be very important to help me get through what's up ahead for me in my journey with breast cancer. It's going to be one like no other and I know my focus needs to be on staying as hopeful, positive, and as optimist as possible as difficult situations arise. #perfectword
This is my 7th year of choosing One Word for the year in place of New Year's Resolutions. I used to be really big on those and each year faithfully wrote down a long list of the things I felt I needed to improve on for the upcoming year. I loved my lists and I loved checking off my successes and it was so much fun and so energizing until about March. Then when all the excitement wore off and my humanness emerged, I felt more like a failure than a success. I have now become a believer in the ONE WORD movement to transform all those resolutions that we almost always fail at, into just one word to focus on for the year. It may sound too simple, but I truly believe it's a life changer.


What's your word for 2019?
#oneword365

Here is my TOP NINE photos from INSTAGRAM: (and app chooses depending on how many likes each gets)

 The app couldn't' decided between these two and so I posted both. One has Dave and I on the cruise and the other has me with the Boston Buddie's book.

My 1000 miles one year shirt and medal came.  I had much more than 1000 miles however.  And I would have had even more but with the back, cancer, and broken leg, that stopped running short.

Image may contain: 2 people, including Jodi VanDenakker Wilding, people smiling, text

dear wednesday,  well, my foot and leg were pretty purple and swollen this morning.  I think I overdid it yesterday.  I did get a couple more hours of sleep last night though than usual which was amazing.  I was still so tired that I dosed off a couple of times this morning.  Felt so good to just be still.  I showered and got ready and I am so glad I washed my hair because it might be a while before I can do that again.  Why?  Keep reading.  Bryce took me to the clinic for an X-ray.  I really wasn't sure what to expect.  Mainly because I thought it was broken when they did the first X-rays and it didn't show it was.  Today, results were different.  It IS broken.  My fibula.  I knew it was from the second it happened. But, it's nice to have proof now.  I was completely stunned when the first ones came back saying no break.  Baffled actually.  It's a stress fracture on my fibula.  I knew that too.  I knew the exact spot as well. But, it's pretty common for a stress fracture to hide for a week or two.  The photos are a bit too fuzzy to see very clearly.

Dave got out a few boots for me to try out.  They were too short and actually made it feel worse since the break is up close to my knee.  I decided against one.  But then, low and behold, Dave decides he needs to cast it.  I was NOT on board for that at all.  He pretty much insisted. Kinda hard to get in a marital dispute with nurses all around.  I was not a happy camper about it, but I did talk him into not going over the knee.  It was pretty painful to get it put on because I had to lay on my stomach and raise my leg and my toes were completely numb and I got this horrible cramp and then sciatic pain shooting down up into my rear.  Every time he moved it, the broken bone sent me through the roof too.  I still am not sure this is a good idea. He says it will be able to heal now even though he said it would if I didn't do anything. I am not sure how long I will be able to tolerate this.  It's been on about two hours and my entire leg is numb now.  He said we can try it for a couple days and if it doesn't work then he can cut it off.  Oh, that sounds fun.  And, the worst part is, I have no idea what I am going to wear!  None of my pants will go over it.  So I either have to invest in bell bottoms or cut off one leg on all my skinny jeans.  But, at least it's purple!  

Here's my FB post:
Well,at least it’s purple!  
#brokenafterall #didnotshowuponfirstxray#stressfracture #justgottarollwithit #bloodclotsstillhangingout #knewitwasbroke#nomoresnowmobilingforme

Here are the other shots Dave took.  Not sure which one most appropriately captures my true emotions...but probably the second one. 

Dave went and got my gingerbread house this afternoon.  I am not sure what I am going to do with it now.  I would like to save and store it and get it out next year since we didn't get to enjoy this year.  But, it's too tall for a tote.

dear thursday, Dave had pickleball and then was late for work so I didn't get any breakfast and I was starving.  I ate some snacks I had in the room and then when McKay got home I had him bring me a yogurt. I've been spoiled by Dave bringing me basically three meals a day! This cast thing is a pain. Literally.  I had a hard time getting it to settle down but once I finally did, I ended up going downstairs to put the Christmas Newsletters in the envelopes and when I came back up, it was throbbing up a storm.  Ouch.  I need to just stay in bed I guess.  Ugh.  I got quite the perspective shift today.  They way overcharged Dave for the copies of the poem.  I called them and explained they always cut us a deal because we are family friends.  The guy that did is no longer there but works from home because he has cancer.  His mom was receptionist and the one answering the phone and she told me he has had 4 kidney transplants over the past 15 years and the rejection medicine for that caused the cancer. He had liver cancer and so they operated on that and found it had spread to his colon and basically everywhere.  Wow.  I hate cancer.  But, it sure made me feel small telling her they over charged us.  And it made me feel so much gratitude that I am only having to deal with I am.  
Image result for be grateful
The newsletters have been sent! Now when to do the calendar?  Hmm.... Not sure it will happen.  I really wanted and needed a shower today.  But when Dave got home I was too tired and drained. My Dad called and told me my Mom wasn't doing well at all. They had several nurses in her room doing an Xray and an EKG. Her heart rate was up to 122 and steady high all day and she didn't feel good. It showed an irregular heart rhythm.  I could tell in my Dad's voice how concerned he was.  I just can't bear to lose my Mom right now. It would be too much and then be so worried about my dad while going thru all I am and not being able to be there for him. I have never felt such guilt as I do by not being there everyday with him and her through all this. I just don’t understand the timing. I’ve tried to endure this well and patiently... and I can when I’m the one going through stuff but it kills me to watch those I love suffer. Especially my little Mom and my sweet dad. They need me! I feel like a horrible daughter for not being there! I could be there but I can’t drive and no one to take me. I mean I could ask a million friends to drive me but it’s so hard for me to get in a car and I need a wheelchair once I get some where and it’s a lot to ask . So I don’t want to bother anyone and besides I would want to just stay there all day.
It all was so overwhelming the thought of losing her. Gratefully, Tiffy and Cathy have taken up the slack and they are taking good care of her!!
Dave got home really late tonight. McKay was here to help me if I needed it though. Not a good night.

dear newsletter, I am posting this photo of it until I can get my computer to behave and let me take a screen shot of the actual thing.

dear friday, this morning I woke up at 1 a.m. and basically wasn't able to go back to sleep at all!  I came close but just couldn't. I prayed a lot.  I think I may need that sleeping pill soon.  Even if just one night.  I got in the shower at 6:30 a.m.  I taped a bag around my leg. Dave thought he had a better idea but mine worked perfectly.   I can not put any weight on my leg now because the ankle is so tender and it is just too painful.  So all the mobility I had, is now gone.  I hope the swelling goes down soon.  Dave had to lift me up over the ledge on the shower.  All the dignity I had is also now gone.  LOL  Before I could just step up.  And now I have to go up and down the stairs on my butt.  Couldn't do that earlier because of my stitches and no upper body strength on my right side.  Candi, Jon, Brigette, and Connor all stopped by.  They are here from Washington and so I decided it would be okay and I was feeling a lot better today.  They stayed for almost two hours and then as soon as they left cute Janet came.  She was only here a few minutes but I enjoyed our talk. I just love her so much. She is a truly genuine person.  She is going through some rough struggle right now too.  I feel so bad for her.  Dave was only here for a few minutes and then he left.  I got my Homemaker's stuff done and worked on my blog for a bit.  Not sure it's worth coming down because I pay for it big time when I get back upstairs.
A purple view through and through.

dear saturday, Dave was off today.  Him and McKay cleaned the garage.  Dave made a delicious meatloaf today.  It was so good.  It was so yummy!  I started watching a series called Poldark that Dave's sister Julie told me I have to watch.  It is really captivating.  I watched several episodes today.  I am not one to watch TV and I feel guilty when I do because I feel like it is such a waste of time, but I have allowed myself to do it while going through this because it definitely takes your mind off of everything else. 
And for some reason I just don't feel up to reading.  Not like me I know, but I don't.  However, I got a package today in the mail and inside was a Book of Mormon from Dawn that has all these tabs with scriptures and then a quote by an apostle that goes with it.  I LOVE it!  What a great idea!  I have the best friends.  
Sky, Sarah, and Carson came tonight for the weekend.  Carson is so sweet. I sure do love that little boy.  He made me a picture of baby Tyson.  So cute.  Just love it.  
He is the best.  It snowed today!  

dear sunday, I felt bad that I had to miss a historic occasion today.  The very first Sunday of the two hour block schedule.  Still blows my mind.  I also am missing my Sunbeams.  They are so cute.  And they need me.  LOL  Okay, I need THEM!  But just realized I won't have my old Sunbeams.  They will have moved on up!  I will have new ones.  Sigh....  Our church is now at 9 a.m.  It was apparently too early for Sky and Sarah because they didn't go.  I feel bad because Carson also didn't go.  He kept me company all morning.  
It was fast Sunday today and since Dave was gone to meetings until after noon, I hadn't eaten anything and I was famished.  I had missed breakfast and lunch and so I had to text and ask for something.  That is the first time that's happened.  Dave is usually like clockwork making sure I get fed three meals a day.   Food tastes so good lately.  Probably because I don't snack or graze and just eat what's served three times a day. I am so grateful Dave is such a good cook.  We had ham and funeral potatoes and rolls.  Mmm....   I watched more of Poldark.  I didn't want to go downstairs until later.  I did for a bit so I could visit with everyone.  Played a match game with Carson.  
 He made this mermaid card for Sarah's birthday.  This kid is so creative for being only five!
He also put some blankets on Mr. Cat.  Something that NO ONE else would get away with. Mr. Cat, just let him.  LOL
Taylor was here as well.  He gave me this shirt for Christmas but it just arrived. I sure do love my family.  They are the best. 
We got a lot more snow today.  
dear random,
 This was on Facebook. It's McKay in Russia acting out some scripture story.

This popped up in my memories. It's me and JB in London!  Great memories!
This is so me!  I think all my running friends can relate!

dear quotes:




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails