Tuesday, January 1, 2019

ONE WORD 2019




It's that time of year again!  

Time to choose my ONE WORD for 2019.

Here are my ONE WORDS for the past several years:



 2013

2014

 2015

2016

2017


2018



I really don't feel like I did that great on last year's word.   But, even a little improvement is better than none right?  Right!   So onward, and upward!

When I started to think about what this year's word would be, I knew it had to be something that would help me get through what is up ahead for me this year.  

I knew I needed a word that would remind me to stay positive and upbeat while I am on this journey of breast cancer.  

I found a word that I have never actually heard of.  It is actually a very pretty word and the definition was spot on!!!

Without further adieu...

My word for 2019 is:
 It is pronounced:

sane - gwin (like penguin)  


I want this cancer journey to find me CHEERFULLY OPTIMISTIC!  HOPEFUL! And CONFIDENT!  I think it's the PERFECT word!  It doesn't require "doing" but "being".
I think I will do pretty well!  

I like this one. 
It reminds me of being the lighthouse in the storms of life.
It kind of all fits together.


I am excited!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

What is your one word for this year?




FACEBOOK POST:
My word for the year is SANGUINE. I really gave it a lot of thought before choosing one this year and I fell in love with this word. I knew my word for the year was going to be very important to help me get through what's up ahead for me in my journey with breast cancer. It's going to be one like no other and I know my focus needs to be on staying as hopeful, positive, and as optimist as possible as difficult situations arise. #perfectword
This is my 7th year of choosing One Word for the year in place of New Year's Resolutions. I used to be really big on those and each year faithfully wrote down a long list of the things I felt I needed to improve on for the upcoming year. I loved my lists and I loved checking off my successes and it was so much fun and so energizing until about March. Then when all the excitement wore off and my humanness emerged, I felt more like a failure than a success. I have now become a believer in the ONE WORD movement to transform all those resolutions that we almost always fail at, into just one word to focus on for the year. It may sound too simple, but I truly believe it's a life changer.

What's your word for 2019?
#oneword365

3 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

I love your word for 2019. Sanguine fits you perfectly! I love that it is a state of being. I think of you and pray for you often.
Wishing you 2019 to be filled with Sanguine!
I am trying studio 5's 'One little word, One little day' (fits my AADHD!)

Audrey said...

Great word! It will be a great reminder if you have days that aren't the best. You Rock!

Dawn Ropelato said...

I'd never heard that word before! ☺ It's the perfect one for you! Love ya

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails