Monday, January 21, 2019

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, HAPPY 80th BIRTHDAY to my MOM!!!!  Wow, I can't believe she is 80!  I am so grateful she is still here and home!!!  SO GRATEFUL!  Things could have turned out the other way so easily.  I am so blessed to have her as my mom.  As well as my dad.  I have truly been born of goodly parents.

Here is my post on Facebook:
• ❉HAPPY 80th BIRTHDAY!!!❉ .....to this incredible woman I am blessed to call my Mom! She is the SWEETEST, FUNNIEST, KINDEST, CUTEST, MOST UNSELFISH woman I know! She makes friends for life with complete strangers, everyone who knows her loves her, she is the life of the party, she is a riot to be around, and she has spent her life in the service of helping others. I am so grateful for her in my life! She has been through a lot the past few weeks and we are so grateful is doing well and on the mend! ☆ If I can become even half the woman she is I will consider my life a success! I love you Mom!
ღೋ ══════════╗
* ░H░A░P░P░Y░*80th* ░B░I░R░T░H░D░A░Y░! *
╚══════════ ೋღ

This walker was a joke my friends gave me for my 50th birthday but my mom had just had hip surgery and so needed hers. TODAY it wouldn't be a joke but for real as we are BOTH using one as we recover. Never saw that coming! LOL HAPPY 80th BIRTHDAY MOM!!! 
Today we had an appointment with Dr. Cannon at the Farmington Huntsman.  He is a very nice man.  Dave thought he was being funny by taking this photo.
He did an exam and then explained how the radiation treatments work.  My results are still not back!  Sigh....  But, that just gives me more time to pray for no chemo.  I will need 19 treatments of radiation or four weeks at five days a week.  I have to get a mold made of my arms and get a few tattoos!  Haha  He talked about if I need chemo and I asked how I would do that since my leg is still not healed and Dr. Poretta said they wouldn't start it until the leg is healed.  He said we might have to do radiation first.  Even though that is not regular protocol.  I really liked him.  I am so happy I am doing all this at Huntsman.  I feel so confident in all the docs.  I go back tomorrow to talk to Dr. Henry the oncologist.  I am getting pretty good in a wheelchair.  LOL  We went to Jimmy Johns in Layton for lunch.  I waited in the car because it was too much effort to get inside with the walker.  We both love Jimmy Johns.  We then went to Costco. My very first place I have gone other than the hospital and doctor appointments.  It was so nice to be in a store!  Dave wheeled me around in a wheelchair and pushed a basket at the same time.  I'm OUT!!!
We got a cake for my mom's birthday today.  I got the coat I was looking for and got one for my mom for her birthday!  Love it!!!  Dave took a few photos to commemorate the occasion!  Hehe  
Which color?
I got the blue.
Got my Mom the purple maroonish one.
We then stopped at my parent's house and took her her cake, some food, and birthday gifts as well as Christmas presents too.  It was so nice to visit with her!  
She is looking good.  My Dad has been such a trooper through all this.  He looked pretty tired and worn out.  They both did, but at least she is on the mend.  We didn't stay long because Dave had to get back to work.  My leg was really giving me fits.  Mainly the back of my knee for some reason, but holy, it hurt.  There was a party tonight for my mom that I was planning on going back to, but once I got home, I knew there was no way I could be on my leg again.  I just went upstairs and elevated it and ended up having to take a Tylenol (oh no!) for it.  Dave encouraged me to take a pain pill but I tried the Tylenol first and it helped.

dear tuesday, today I had my appointment in Farmington with Dr. Henry.
I took this of Dave this time because is always taking one of me.  Dr. Henry is really nice.  She examined me and I told her I was really hoping for no chemo.  She said the results were STILL not back!  Crazy!  We talked at length about chemo and what the results will have to be to avoid it. My tumor was upgraded to a grade 3 which is the highest and so that is NOT good, but my lymph nodes were good and it was hormone receptor positive and Her 2 negative which are all good. They put all the numbers in the computer to get the oncotype.  Best case is a 1 to 18 which is low risk and NO chemo.  19-25 is in the middle and not always sure what to do.  Anything over 30 means chemo for sure.  So, I'm praying for a low number!  She was very nice and when I told her how bad I didn't want to do chemo, she told me that there is still a chance I won't have to.  What a relief to hear that, but I was still pretty nervous. I have been trying to work on replacing my fear with faith. Not as easy as it sounds, but I have really been doing that.  I know there is a lot of power in faith. 
Image result for fear faith lds
We headed to lunch at Tony's Pizza. We ordered it to go.  We shared a meatball sub in the car and got some pizzas to go.  
Image result for tony' s pizza meatball sub
We took one to my parents.  Right after we arrived Home Health came in for their evaluation and so we waited until they left and then visited a bit.  My Mom looked really good and was doing pretty well.  We had a good visit.  We came home and Dave had meetings tonight. I just headed upstairs and rested.  And prayed.  Dr. Henry said she would call as soon as she got the results.  She said for sure by the 18th.

dear wednesday, IT'S A MIRACLE!!!! 
Today I received a miracle straight from heaven!!!  One of the best days of my entire life!!!  I was praying really hard and sincere about a lot of things but mostly that I could be blessed with a miracle of not having to do chemo.  I was casting out fear and trying to hold onto faith.  I visualized getting the phone call and feeling so happy when I was told my oncotype was lower than 25 and I wouldn't need chemo.  I told Heavenly Father that I had tried to endure it well and that I would be so grateful if there was any way to avoid chemo. I told Him I knew He could move mountains and so I KNEW He could make my numbers low.  I told Him I was trying to cast out the fear and have only faith that it would happen, then the phone rang.  It was a SLC number.  I knew it was the doctor calling with the results.  I was calm and answered it and she said, "Is this Jodi?  This is Dr. Henry.  Do you have a minute?"  That was a little worrisome, but I said yes.  She then said, "Your results came back.  And I have good news.  Your oncotype is 16."  Oh. My. Gosh!  I was stunned.  My heart stopped.  I was stunned.  
  
THIS MEANS NO CHEMO!!!
I told her, "Oh my gosh!  That is the best news ever!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!"  She went on to talk about the fact that I would not need chemo but she would have Dr. Cannon get in touch so we can move forward with the radiation.  She then talked to me about the chemo hormone therapy pills and side effects and how that will work.  I was SO relieved!  SO SO SO RELIEVED!!!  I cried.  I couldn't contain the relief and joy!  I have worried and stressed about this so much.  I have been so sick inside to think I would have to poison my body and I DO NOT HAVE TO!  I can't believe it!!!  What a HUGE BLESSING!  It truly is a MIRACLE!!!  I called Dave in tears.  He told me later, he was sure I was going to tell him it was high because I could barely talk when he answered.  I guess when I told him it was 16, he thought I was starting to say 60.  But he was positive anyway.  He was so happy for me as well.  I text the boys and my parents and Sky called and was so happy for me.  What a great thing.  I have learned so much from this.  So much. And I still have so much more to learn!  I feel so grateful and can't quit thanking Heavenly Father for this amazing miracle!  I text a million of my friends who have been asking so often if I have heard anything yet.  I was on the phone responding for a long time and thanking everyone for their prayers because I KNOW all the prayers offered in my behalf had the power to make this miracle happen.  I have had so many prayers and people putting my name in the temple.  Everyone is very happy for me.  Wow!  I am just so happy!  
Dave brought me an Old Grist Mill turkey bacon pesto sandwich and a raspberry roll to celebrate!   I got the sweetest text from my friend Lesa Stevenson.  Diane must have told her.  She was so kind and concerned and told me she wants to take me to lunch when she gets back from being out of the country.  She told me, "We are praying for you."   It made me wonder the timing of it all.  I wonder if an apostle prays for you, if it carries more weight.  Or if it is more powerful because their faith is greater than ours.  But, I have to wonder.  I got the call of no chemo and then I found out I was being prayed for by an apostle.  Gives me chills. 

My Facebook post:
No photo description available.
I want to thank all of you who have been so kind for praying for me while I have been dealing with a few challenges this past couple of months. 🤪 I am here to testify that there is great power in prayer and those prayers were heard and answered and I am so GRATEFUL to each of you for them and for your concern. I am also here to testify that MIRACLES do still occur as I have received the very miracle I have been praying so desperately for. My oncotype results came back and I am so happy to report that I will not need to do chemo!!! It truly is a MIRACLE because everything was pointing in that direction. I will still have to do several weeks of radiation as well as chemo hormone therapy (pills) for 5 -10 years, but I am very grateful for those treatments that help stop the cancer from coming back. I have learned so much and will continue to learn about the workings of faith, hope, and prayer through this journey and I am feeling very blessed and so full of gratitude! Thank you all again for your continued prayers in my behalf. #HaveMiraclesCeased #ISayNAY #IBelieveInMiracles

dear thursday
I woke up to another text from Lesa Stevenson this morning.  She is so kind and is heading out of town today (Rome) but we are going to do lunch when she returns.  Today Taylor came home for the day.  He brought me lunch.  So nice of him.  He also worked on the list I gave Dave.  I read a lot today in the Boston Buddies book.  Mr. Cat keeps me company no matter what hour of the night.
This week is the first time I have actually felt like reading since this all happened.  I got up at 4 a.m. to go to the bathroom and I couldn't go back to sleep and so I read until Dave woke up at 6 a.m. and then we read scriptures.  I then showered and got ready for the day.  Showering is getting much easier now that I can put a little more weight on my leg.  Cast off possibly tomorrow?  We shall see.
I made one of the Book of Mormon comfort quotes book for Janet.  I had Dave deliver it to her.
My dear bloggy friend Nancy sent me this in the mail.  It's homemade AND purple!!! She is the best!! THANKS NANCY!!!  I love you!!

Someone posted this on FB and I thought it was so beautiful and so I had to share.

Dave's first Man-richment night in the ward. LOL He won!

dear friday, I slept in the bed last night and it was miserable.  Not sure if the chair has caused that to be an issue or what, but not good. I had slept on the chair for almost 3 hours before and so I managed about 5 hours last night.  I got up early and showered and got ready in anticipation of getting cast off.  But no boot yet.  I have to wait for it to arrive before I get the cast off.  I came down and practiced the harp for the first time in over a month!  I have a lot of work to do to get it back. But I enjoyed it.  My back was not nice today. :(  Bonnie brightened it up with a visit and these!
 OH. MY. GOSH. BEST CUPCAKES EVER!!!
And this little book that is amazing!  I sure do love my friends and I am so blessed with so many amazing ones!
Taylor was home all day. McKay showed up and then they both went to meet Sky and crew to go to a Fun Dome kind of place.  
Taylor and McKay are kind of photo bombing the middle one.
Dave worked really late.  He brought home the cast tools so he could cut off my cast here since I had no ride to the clinic.  I was a little nervous about it.  Especially since he told me he hadn't cut one off for a while because he pays other people to do that now.   I was REALLY nervous when I heard the saw!  It looks very sharp and dangerous even though he says it can't really hurt you.  I wasn't convinced.  He began the process and I thought I was going to have a heart attack because my heart rate was so high!!!  LOL  He was very patient with me but holy that was scary!!! I honestly thought he was going to saw right through to my leg and then I would bleed and not stop because of the blood thinners I'm on.  
It was a very long process and I was so done by the time he was done! I somehow survived without any injury!  hehe   It feels like I lost about 10 pounds without that thing but we weighed it and it was only 1.8 lbs.  Shocking.  
The only downside is now my foot and leg won't straighten the right way because of how the cast was on my foot.  I can't get it to flatten to the ground.  And I can't straighten my knee at all without some serious pain and the fear of pulling a muscle.  Great.  Now what to do?  My ankle is still VERY swollen as well and still purple.  Not sure what is going on but Dave is worried and concerned and looks like I will be getting an MRI after all.  Sigh.....

dear saturday, the foot is still very painful and I can't put ANY weight on it.  I'm starting over again.  I think the cast was a bad idea.  It's going to be really hard to get my muscles and joints back to where they need to be.  My foot is a full inch off the ground and I can't straighten it or my knee enough to get it to reach the floor.  Makes for some awkward walking. We put on the boot today and it seemed to be okay.  It is high enough that it makes it the perfect distance so I can put weight on the leg while wearing it.  It felt SO good today to shower for as long as I wanted without worrying about getting the cast wet!!!  It was great!  I washed my hair and it felt so good.  Sky and crew showed up around 6 or so.  We were going with Troy and Carol to the Toast to Bread concert tonight.  My very first outing unless you count doctor's appointments and the one trip to Costco.  I am hoping my leg will handle it.  We decided to bag dinner because that would be too long for me.  We met them there.  Dave got a wheelchair from the clinic and pulled into a spot on Washington Blvd about half block from the Egyptian theater and got me in the chair and then said he couldn't park there and so pulled out leaving me alone on Washington Blvd on the sidewalk!!!  Nice.  I had to wheel myself to the theater hoping no bad guy would get me first!  lol  We saw Lori P. as we walked in. She came over and had this sad look on her face and just gave me a huge hug without saying a word. She is a FB friend and so she has followed what has been happening.  I think people in wheelchairs get a lot of pity.  LOL  I still had to get out of it and walk down a few stairs to get to our seats.  That was kinda scary.  We found Troy and Carol and the concert was great except the sound was off and much too loud.  
We headed to Waffle Love after and they wheeled me in the middle of Washington and 25th street!  Lucky I didn't get run over!  Lol  Most excitement I've had in a long time! Hehe
The waffles tasted SO good!!!  Troy got an amazing one and shared it with us all. 
When we got home, it was tough getting up to my room because my back was in miserable pain.  I have no idea why unless the boot is too heavy and pulls, but holy cow, I was in tears!!!  I hope this isn't going to be something I have to keep dealing with!  It was bad!  Different pain than the disk pain.  

dear sunday, I'm only a couple weeks behind on this now.  I have been able to go downstairs and be on the computer for an hour so now.  Then the back and leg start to hurt so I am forced to head back up and elevate it.  My leg is really peeling bad. That is a good sign because it means the swelling is going down.  
My ankle not so much.  Carol told me some exercises to do for my ankle.  She also told me I need to do something to get things stimulated and working or things will not wake up and it will be bad. She told me to scrape the sides of my leg with a butter knife as well to get the tissue moving around too.  She also said to do some contrast baths.  Heat for 5 minutes and then ice cold water for 2 and repeat three times.  I can do that.  Today I did the butter knife and loofah-ed the leg.  It is so crazy how much it is peeling. But that is a good sign.  For the first time I saw that my foot was looking like the swelling was dissipating a bit.  So grateful!  Carson came in my room this morning but Sky got upset with him for disturbing me (he didn't) and wouldn't let him come back. The cute little thing was calling me from downstairs and so I came down and played some games with him including a bean bag toss.  He is so much fun.  Sky can be pretty stern with him.  I guess it's good but hard on the grandparent!  We then went upstairs and watched a movie and snuggled together per his request. We watched Monster Trucks. It was actually a pretty good movie!  haha  I rested for a bit but never could actually fall asleep. Wish I knew why!  Then Dave brought me dinner. I was seriously SO hungry!  It was spaghetti and so yum!  I was so grateful.  I was so happy my ankle was looking a bit better.  I still can't put any weight on it unless it's in the boot though.  I went to bed about 8 pm.  So beat.

I had some cute friends deliver this cute CELEBRATION bottle with candy in it and a purple loofa!  HOW did they know I needed the loofa!  :)  (Naomi and crew)
And a dear sister in our ward brought these over. (Elaine) There is a story to these.  I was craving chocolate chip cookies something fierce and so I said a little prayer that just possibly someone would be inspired to bring some since I was unable to make any.  And....there ya go!!!  How amazing is that???  She was very inspired. HF is VERY present and is helping me along this journey!
And a BIG AMEN to that!!! hehe

dear random
,

This was a thing going around on FB this week to post your first profile picture and your current one to see how much you changed. I couldn't resist.
Jumping on the band wagon.
THE "HOW HARD DID AGING HIT YOU" CHALLENGE upload your ‘first’ ever profile pic and your most recent profile right next to it 👇
How much have you changed?
Must be that Oil of Olay.
Image may contain: 2 people, including Jodi VanDenakker Wilding, people smiling, closeup





















Here is the REAL one 10 years apart.  
This one is still my best photo. Guess I should have used it.

These two are the most beautiful couple!

I saw this on Bryce's post and made me laugh! If I had time I would go back through my pictures and find MANY photos just like this on my runs.  I LOVE to do the same thing!!!  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  hah

 McKay was tagged on this and I thought it was quite hilarious!

A couple more of my funeral quotes:
dear quotes, 



3 comments:

Camilla said...

Wow, I can't imagine what the last several weeks have been like for you dealing with so much! What wonderful news to hear you won't need chemo. That "Faith precedes the miracle" quote from Pres. Monson is one of my favorites.
I always need the reminder to look at trials as learning opportunities, because it's hard in the moment! But you do it beautifully.

Hope radiation goes well and hope your leg heals quickly. ♥

Doran & Jody said...

I'm so glad to see you are still blogging.

Wow! What an "adventure" you have been on. I'm glad to see you have some small miracles in your life. What an example you are to many!

Keep fighting! You're a SHEra!

Jody

Dawn Ropelato said...

Yeah for time to catch up your blog :) a little bit of good in everything right?;)
Yeah for MIRACLES!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails