Monday, January 14, 2019

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, it's so depressing how behind I am on this....but I am going to keep trying to catch up.  I finally decided to try and use the laptop but it's so ancient and huge that it's awkward and I can't put it on my lap because it's too heavy and hurts the back.  But, I can use it small increments of time, so that helps.  Sky and crew were still here for Sarah and Dave's birthday.  They share a birthday!  I stole a few pix of Sarah's off IG because they were so cute: 
 She also posted some of our backyard deer:


It's Dave's 60th birthday!  Wow!! WHERE DID THE TIME GO!  Serious!  Man, I had no idea how fast life would fly by!  It really has flown by!  Before you know it, I will be that age! Yikes!  Well, right now I HOPE I WILL BE!  Cancer changes your perspective big time!  I am so grateful I have already reached the age I am.  If I had been born in my grandmother's time, I would not live to see my 60th birthday due to the cancer.  That is a sobering thought.  I started to think about my relatives, and with the exception of Shelley, most of them have lived very long lives. All my grandparents made it with pretty healthy lives until the end, well into their 70's and 80's.  Interesting thought.  My great grandma Nellie, was 83 and my Grandma Helen was in her 90's with relatively good health to that point.  My mom's mom Mae, was only 65.  
This is a photo of my Dad with his two sisters Sharon and Gay.
Sky brought me lunch.  He's so nice.  Some Olive Garden soup we had and rolls.  So good. He's been making sure I don't overdo it and has been so nice to clean etc. 
It's also Sarah's birthday as well.  Linda offered to make a cake and I told her no initially, because Sky said he would, but then decided why not?  She is so nice to offer and she has kept wanting to bring dinner and we say no, and so I decided I should let her for Dave. Carson visited me a lot today.  He is so much fun.  I was pretty tired all day. I watched more of Poldark.  Intense show. I like to watch comedies too like I Love Lucy and old sitcoms.  I went downstairs and made sure things were cleaned up since Linda was coming over.   Wasn't sure if anyone else would.  Bryce and Haylie and her cute kids came.  McKay came home.  Taylor was here this morning but had to leave for work and had a basketball game tonight.  And of course, Sky and crew.   
 This little guy cracks me up.  He is so quiet and serious, but once in a while his personality shines through.  He looks like a mini pro boxer in that jacket.  hehe
Brinlee's face cracks me up!
I felt bad Dave made dinner... some pizza and chicken.  We sang to Sarah and then Dave.  
I feel so bad I couldn't do more for both of them for their birthday.  Sigh....  Sarah's mom didn't even call her.  So sad.  I just hope I can make her feel loved because we truly do love her.  She really is the sweetest thing. 


*˚°。°*。°*。*˚°。°*。°˚°*˚°。°*。°**˚°。°*。°*

Wishing my wonderful hubby Dave a very HAPPY BURRRR-THDAY today!!!
He's going to need ALL those candles to keep from freezing to death!! 
*˚°。°*。°。°**˚°。°*。°˚°*˚°。*°*˚°。°*。°
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing and outdoor

dear tuesday got up and showered early today.  It's sometimes the biggest accomplishment of my day!  I then read my scriptures, worked on this, wrote in my one line a day journal, and then worked on this again.  I was all alone today for the first time in a while.  It was kind of nice. I just soaked in the peace and quiet and enjoyed it.  I had to be off my knee and so it was actually really nice.  It is really hurting when I put any weight on it and so now I truly am a cripple!  It's hard to get anywhere with both legs bad now.  I hope just easing off it for a while will heal it fast.  I kept ice on it all day.  I watched Poldark again.  Very good series other than I can't get season 4 unless I pay for it or watch it on the laptop.  I did a little reading.  For some reason reading exhausts me and I haven't done much of it.  All this time I have waited for a chance to be forced to be down so I could catch up on my reading and now it is here and I don't want to.  haha  Oh life!  

dear wednesday,  today I washed my hair!  Quite the ordeal!  I had to double bag my cast to make sure it didn't get wet.  It felt so good to have clean hair!  But my good knee gave out on me while in the shower. That scared me!  I need to stay off longer so it can heal.  I really rested well once I was done and back in my chair.  I rewarded my efforts by watching Poldark.  Karen text me and told me to try a show called Manifest and so I did. It's good too.  Here I am the person who never watches TV, now a binge watcher.  haha  It's kind of fun actually, but after a while I get sick of it.  I have watched a lot of oldies...I Love Lucy, Home Improvement, That Girl, Mary Tyler Moore, etc.  Kinda crazy. I really like the old stuff.  Haha   Pretty sad when you post about TV shows!  LOL 
Image result for 60's tv shows
Dave was off today.  McKay was here part of the day too.  I rested my knee again and iced it.  It is so frustrating that it has taken such a brunt of it all.  I hope it heals quick.  I have been able to put more weight on my casted leg recently though, so that is good.  I spent a lot of time responding to texts and messages.  I wonder if my muscles will ever fully recover from this?  I think Dave is getting concerned that things are healing a bit faster too.  But, what can you do?  Be patient. That is all.

dear thursday, today I got up early and showered.  I am getting the whole shower thing down pretty well.  I am only in it for about a minute or two and then out.  But it is still a major workout.  Haha  Jen came over and brought me lunch.  A yummy salad from Old Grist.  She also brought me a yummy sugar cookie.  She knows me well!  hah Dave and McKay were here for a bit during her visit as well as Linda Baugh stopped in too.  She brought me a some books to read and a card and gift from Utah Homemakers.  Today was our meeting and I was unable to go. I felt so bad because it was a good one.  
Jen and I chatted for a long time.  It was nice to catch up.  As soon as she left Linda S. from our ward came and brought me the softest sweater and a shawl for spring.  How kind is that?  Then she brought in two kinds of soup and bread from Old Grist.  
She came to tell me she had breast cancer as well and if everything else she brought wasn't enough, she brought me great hope because she only had to have chemo every three weeks and she didn't lose her hair.  It gave me so much hope I cried.  She is the sweetest lady.  And for someone who doesn't have much, she was so generous.  Then Julie C. came over and brought us dinner.  I just can't get over how kind everyone is.  I was downstairs for over seven hours and by the time I got back upstairs, I was exhausted.  But, it felt so good to be up and about.

Here is a photo that was posted from today's Homemaker's meeting. I feel so bad I missed it.  The lady in front was the speaker.

dear friday, today I got up early and showered and got ready.  Dave brought me breakfast but I wasn't hungry really.  I just had some hot cocoa.  He came home for lunch and I still wasn't too hungry.  I told Robin I was good for visits now and so she came over about 2:30.  We had a good chat and had a lot to catch up on.  She brought me my favorite Old Grist pumpkin choc chip square.  Mmm....  She is the sweetest person.  I have been so blessed to have such amazing and kind and caring friends.  You really see how many people care when you go through things like this.  I also got a sweet card from Cathy (my Mom's cousin who has been sitting with her EVERY day so my Dad can go home and do what he needs to do).  She sent me Dove chocolate and some of the wrappers that have quotes on them.  So sweet. 

Bryce and Haylie and her kiddos then showed up. I stayed down a bit to visit with them.  Little Liam cracks me up!
Taylor then arrived from snow boarding and within minutes was off again to head to California to watch the Ram's play in the playoffs.  I worry so much about him getting there safely.  This whole ordeal had made me very fearful of things like driving places and other things that could cause harm.  Hope it's only temporary.  :(  I headed back upstairs and rested more.  Mr. Cat has been my little buddy and pal.  He is either sleeping above my head on the chair pillow thing or on my chest or on the purple box thing.  He likes to be near me. I am sure he senses something is off.  
I got the workings for my Mom to bust out of the rehab tomorrow.  Well, I told my Dad what he needed to do and she gets to leave tomorrow!  Yippee!

dear saturday, I got about four hours last night.  I was awake at 1:30 and could not go back to sleep.  Frustrating!  I got ready and came downstairs and worked on this blog for a while. Good thing because all the stuff I wrote on the laptop, did not save. I must not have had internet or something. I spent a lot of time fixing it and updating everything.  I even cleaned the playroom, at least what I could physically do.  My sciatic started to hurt after a while and I had to stop.  It took so long to get just one post done!  Holy!  Why do I do this again?  My Mom was able to come home today!  I called her at 7:30 a.m. and she was not happy because she was still there. I told her she had to wait until at least 9 a.m.  She is one happy camper to be out of there!  I'm so grateful she is doing so well!  Her heart rate is elevated and that is a concern, but she needs to be home to heal faster I believe. 

Here are some pix from the Ram's playoff game Taylor posted.  It looks like he had an amazing time!  That kid definitely lives his life to the fullest and I am so glad!



dear sunday,  Sky and crew went and visited my Mom this morning at her house.  They said she looked great.  I'm so happy!  
Then they came over here and stayed all day. I stayed upstairs all day today because I kind of over-did it yesterday being down so long and my legs were not too happy about that.  Carson came up and we watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for a while.  He loves to snuggle.  
Eating our Everlasting Gobstoppers while watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Sky and Sarah came up and visited with me for a while too.
Taylor arrived home and brought  me this basket of purple goodies from Julie's fam in Las Vegas.  It was so cute! I loved it!!!
 These two are good buds!

Image may contain: outdoor
Gratitude may seem like a simple thing, but there is great power that comes from it. Just as gravity has to obey the laws of the universe, I believe gratitude follows the same principles and when we are grateful, it’s impossible to be unhappy. It is the key that unlocks the door to light, love, and joy. #gratitude#poweringratitude #gratitudemiracles

BRRRRRR.........

dear quotes,



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails