Food 4 Thought Friday ~ This week's questions
What is your favorite part of the summertime?
It used to be the lack of a schedule, but this summer it has been one scheduled insane month so far! Between driver's ed, scouts, basketball, football, jobs, camps galore, practices...it has been crazy. This next month things should slow down some...but not much. Then it gets crazy again in August. I guess my favorite thing would have to be having all the boys home.
I had an empty nest! Bryce was at Aaronic Priesthood Camp, Taylor was at Basketball Camp at BYU, McKay was at Scout Camp, and of course Skyler is still working in Philadelphia! NOT FUN! I like them home and near! Not sure I will ever be ready for that empty nest! :o(
I have always LOVED his music. There is NOTHING like the beat of some of his songs. He had great talent and was an amazing performer! I think he was a little more than shall we say, "eccentric"... I do have to say my honest opinion of him was that he was a freak in so many other ways. He has a bizarre history that's for sure. I am deeply saddened by his passing though. Maybe if he hadn't died so young he would have had time to get his life in order.
My Dad is having surgery today (Friday) and so I will be spending time with him and my Mom at the hospital. Then I have a wedding reception of one of my past Young Women girls and a fun get together with Dave's whole family---every sibling is in town for a change! Saturday is filled with lots of errands and then my niece's baptism. ALL my boys will be arriving home at different times from their week long camps. I am sooooo excited to see them! My baby has been gone for an entire week! I am really MISSING them all! Sunday is a busy day of meetings as usual. One big one to get girl's camp organized since my Camp Director had to be released due to illness. Hope we can pull this off!
1. She had a great store of memories.
2. Tyson is by my side, always.
3. I know this: if you want to be happy, then be grateful! ♥ Focus on what you DO have instead of what you DON'T!
4. I am craving chocolate still.
5. These words apply to me: I want to win the Sego Lily Spa Contest so please go and VOTE for ME here and enter my giveaway on this blog (down a few posts) !!!!
6. It is true, the sun was shining.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to visiting my Dad at the hospital after his surgery, attending one of my past Young Women's reception, going to Dave's parent's house for a party to welcome his sister and her fam back for a long visit, tomorrow my plans include getting in a long run, welcoming ALL my boys back from their separate camps!~~~I really missed them!!!, attending my niece's baptism and Sunday, I want to attend my meetings, get camp completely planned and going (I lost my camp director to illness this week!), go and visit my dad and Dave's sister and fam.
To play along go HERE