Feel free to play along for some yummy fun! I will post a new one each Thursday night for those that are on a different time zone. JOIN IN!!!
Food 4 Thought Friday ~ This week's questions
Was there a special moment for you during Christmas day (or Eve) this year?
McKay was so happy he got a picture of Steve Smith that said, "McKay, Be the Best! " and then signed by him. He said that was the best Christmas present he has ever had. Also, we had a huge snowstorm on Christmas afternoon and my boys all left my in-laws early Christmas night to go shovel our driveway and part of our hill so we could get up it. They worked for over an hour and if they hadn't we probably would have been walking up it - even with 4 wheel drive! It snowed about eight inches or so in a short time. That was a nice surprise that we truly appreciated.
What was served for your Christmas dinner this year?
What did you get that you really wanted? What didn't you get that you really wanted?
I really didn't want anything specific, except some purple boots and some levis I got. But I was so excited that "Santa" gave me a new PURPLE phone! I love it! Imagine that!
How are you feeling right at this moment? Relieved it's over or sad it's over already?
I am feeling grateful I SURVIVED another Christmas!!! Actually I am feeling relieved that my boys, and hopefully the others I gave to, were happy with what they got. I usually feel somewhat of a let down the day after, but not this year.
Recipe for this Week (instead of your recipe for life - what is it for just this week?)
One day at a time...just one day at a time!
PLEASE PLAY !!!! Come on you know you want to!
Be sure and stop by the other's blogs who played along too!!!
1. I must be here to watch my boys all grow up before I die.
2. You can't stop time...it hurries on quickly and we can't do anything about it.
3. I wish I never had to buy gas and groceries again.
4. Reading great books has helped me change my life.
5. I know the song ~ The Gift~ by heart.
6. If I weren't so afraid, I would Bungee Jump and Sky Dive.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to attending my brother-in-laws 50th birthday party - the old geezer! JK!, tomorrow my plans include running outside if the weather will let me!, cleaning and organizing Christmas gifts, trying to get caught up on so many things I let go the past few weeks...newspapers, magazines, organizing, reading other blogs I have totally neglected!, and maybe go to a movie or stay in and just enjoy the winter wonderland and Sunday, I want to attend all my meetings, attend my nephew's missionary farewell (he is going to Mexico), go to his house for dinner after and visit with everyone, possible go to my in-laws and visit with Dave's sister Karen's family and everyone else that is there, just chill.
Christmas is forever, not for just one day, for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf. The good you do for others is good you do yourself...♥
~Norman Wesley Brooks;