Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Night in Bethlehem

My brother's in laws invited us to their beautiful home for a Night in Bethlehem. It was the held the Sunday after Christmas and was the perfect time to focus on the birth of the Savior and the true meaning of Christmas because all the stress and hustle and bustle of the "big" day was already over.











On the invitation we were told to dress up in that time period or costumes would be provided for us. Of course, "I" was the only one that cooperated and the rest had to be dressed on the spot. But not Dave. He refused to wear even a head-dress. Party pooper!

















My parents cooperated ~ well mostly. My Mom is stretching it a bit!











We entered the Open Market and ate authentic food from that time period.
We then watched a great video on the birth of the Savior in their amazing theatre room. After which, we saw a reenactment of the Nativity. The star is my niece Paigely. My nephew Davis is the one with the microphone.
This is my bro's in-laws Craig and Sheila. They were so generous to invite us and share this special family time with us. What great people!
My boys and my nephew Weston.











The top left photo is my brother and his wife Alli.
It was an evening to remember. My boys weren't real thrilled to go at first, but I think they were glad they did. It was a great way to end the Christmas season. I hope we get to go next year too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails