Spread the word please....
Feel free to play along for some yummy fun! I will post a new one each Thursday night for those that are on a different time zone. JOIN IN!!!
Food 4 Thought Friday ~ This week's questions:
Breakfast What is your favorite cereal?
Lunch Have you ever experienced an earthquake?
Dinner What is something or someone you are missing right now?
Midnight Snack When is the last time you cried?
Recipe of the Week (instead of your recipe for life, what is it just for this week?)
Breakfast What is your favorite cereal? Special K or Wheaties. I do confess I love to indulge in Captain Crunch once in a while too.
Lunch Have you ever experienced an earthquake? Yes just last week, we had a 5.0 and I felt it. I was on the computer and could feel my chair and see the desk shaking. It lasted about 20 minutes and I sat there wondering if I had just felt an earthquake. I got on Facebook to see if anyone had posted anything and couldn't see anything. I asked in my status if anyone had felt it and sure enough they had and it was on the news right after. One of my sons was in our backyard playing football with his friends and none of them felt it. Another one was on his way home from track and didn't feel it and another was in the college library and didn't feel it. My husband was at work and he didn't either. Just me. They were all jealous they missed it. haha
Dinner What is something or someone you are missing right now? ~~~I miss my Tyson.~~~
Midnight Snack When is the last time you cried? That would be this afternoon. I attended the funeral of my son Bryce's good friend Josh. He took his own life on Sunday. It was very tough to understand why such an amazing kid could get to a point to end his life. This is the 4th teen in our community this year. I wish there was some way to help them realize that suicide is a permanent solution for a temporary problem. How can we better teach that when they are feeling there is no other way out of their problems, no other escape from emotional pain, or no other way to communicate desperate unhappiness, that dying is NOT the only way out? It WILL get better. Such a sad and senseless loss. Many tears...
Recipe of the Week (instead of your recipe for life, what is it just for this week?) "Beginning today treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight.Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again." ~ Og Mandino
1. Where are my priorities? I need to get spring cleaning!
2. If wishes were horses then my stable would be full.
3. I'd like to see SPRING and warmth already!
4. When I was a teen, I thought my parents were old and now I am the age they were, I'm NOT old!
5. One of my mother's favorite sayings was lift your knees! I took baton and drill and we had to march a lot and she was always saying that to me.
6. I'd have a hard time doing without my ♥running time♥.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going out with friends, tomorrow my plans include running a 5K at 7 a.m., attending EFY with my youth, and then catching up on all the stuff I am behind in! and Sunday, I want to be warm!