Saturday, April 17, 2010

°It's All in the Game°
































Basketball doesn't build character it reveals it.-- Author Unknown


Exactly one day after Taylor's high school football season ended, he broke his hand. Well, actually someone else broke it. During his football weight lifting class, their teacher let them just go out and throw a football as a reward for a great season. While they were playing with the ball, one of Taylor's friends somehow kicked his hand and broke it. At the time we were grateful it happened AFTER football ended. That is until we realized tryouts for the basketball team were just around the corner.


We weren't sure what to do. Tryouts would be as tough as they always were, but this year the coach decided to cut the numbers from 40 players to 30, (that includes Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors, AND Seniors) and so we were pretty bummed.


Taylor decided to tryout anyway and see how it went. It was his left hand that was broken (AND in a cast), but he did amazingly well at handling the ball even with his handicap.


Needless to say he made the Sophomore team! Only seven sophomores made it this year. There were 15 last year. He was pretty happy. The sophomores did AWESOME and were always either first or second in region the entire season. Taylor also played on the JV team as well.


It was a great season and I loved attending every home and away game! Taylor really did well this year. He is a great rebounder, passer, thinker, and great at stealing the ball. His high score was 14 points in a game this year.
And that is with playing over half the season with his hand in a cast!!!



I am so proud of that boy!
You can see his PURPLE CAST in these photos ↓ (click to enlarge photos)










































“I’ve always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don’t do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results.”--Michael Jordan


“If you are afraid of failure you don’t deserve to be successful!”--Charles Barkley




















I had a NEW camera that took sports shots and close ups. I obviously had to try it out a LOT! So what's new???



Taylor always had great support and cheerleaders.
Me with Dave's parents on the left and my parents on the right.
















His cousins even came all the way from Arizona to watch him! Well, okay they had a few other commitments too, but this was numero uno! haha





















“I would tell players to relax and never think about what’s at stake. Just think about the basketball game. If you start to think about who is going to win the championship, you’ve lost your focus.”--Michael Jordan
“Everything negative - pressure, challenges - are all an opportunity for me to rise.”--Kobe Bryant
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.”--Michael Jordan
“Push yourself again and again. Don’t give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.”--Larry Bird

















This is my friend Robin ↓ and my parents at his game at Bonneville, my Alma Mater. I wasn't sure if I should wear blue and gold and be a loyal Laker, or wear purple in support of Taylor. I wore purple....but was pretty tempted to wear blue and gold. Robin was also a Laker and notice she is being loyal.


























My Dad thinking he is being sneaky with the bunny ears
. ↑
“Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”--Michael Jordan
The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play "Drop the Handkerchief.-- James Naismith
What is so fascinating about sitting around watching a bunch of pituitary cases stuff a ball through a hoop? ~Woody Allen

































We're shooting 100 percent. 60 percent from the field and 40 percent from the free-throw line. ~Norm Stewart


The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe that you might block every shot. ~Bill Russell





































These pictures are one of the last JV home games. They got a lot of fan support!
These ↓ are after the Varsity won an important region game that sent us to the state playoffs.
We have the most amazing fans!!!


My cute chocolate buddy Jaida Bug came and found me during one of the games and sat on my lap the entire game! I loved it!!! It was a good thing I had my chocolate supply in tote! Isn't she adorable! I love this girl!
This ↑ was during a very intense part of a very close game! I think the guy in green next to me (he should have been in purple!) is saying a prayer we will win! His arms are even folded! We did win, so he must have connections!


PURPLE everywhere!!!!!! Gotta love it!!!
“If you are afraid of failure you don’t deserve to be successful!”--Charles Barkley
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.”--Michael Jordan
I made these ↑ cute little BEES for the Sophomore/JV team for their last game. I made a plate of my homemade TWIX bars and put these cuties on top of them. Aren't they just the cutest???? They are made out of peanut M&M's.

The end of a very successful season. We are at the awards banquet. The food was divine!
Coach Blacker talking about his awesome team!












Way to go Taylor and CONGRATS on a SUPER SEASON!!!


McKay also played some basketball this year too. He played on a draft league and also church ball. He has become a great little player.
































He swooshed it on this one. ↓



















City draft league. Playing against one of his best buds Cooper.














"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan


























Church ball ↓


I really LOVE watching my boys play basketball and any other sport for that matter, and I am always sad when a season ends. But, I don't have to wait long for the next sport to get in full swing. We are already in the track and field season. As soon as that ends, it will be basketball summer camps and then immediately back to football. I love it all!

3 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

No way!!! He broke his hand?? That stinks! He looks like an amazing athlete though!

Sissy said...

Looks like a busy season. So cool he still made the team even trying out with a broken hand. Awesome!

Love those cute BEES!!!

Anonymous said...

I want to know just what Gwen will change with this :)

Rowena

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails