Wednesday, July 22, 2015

1000th Post!

HOLY MACARONI! 

This is officially my 1000th post on Beacon of Hope!

 One thousandth....

That number is kind of hard to wrap my head around. 

I am glad Blogger counts your posts on the side or I would have had no idea!

BUT...here it is!
My very first post was written in February of 2008. (HERE)

My 100th post was written in June of 2008 and was a giveaway plus 100 Things You Didn't Know About Me.  (HERE)

My 200th post was also a giveaway written in November of 2008 on Gratitude. (HERE)

Blogging has been good to me.  


Because of it I have a written history of most of the past seven years, though I took a little hiatus for a few years and didn't really blog at all.  That is about when Facebook came on the scene and it was much easier and less time consuming than blogging and so I did that for a while in place of this. I then realized that I missed writing.  And I missed recording my life events in this medium.  So I gradually came back.  I am have been faithful at it again for going on two years.

Because of blogging, I have taught many others how to blog through many speaking opportunities. I have presented workshops in many locations in the state and met some amazing people via this blog.  When I first started blogging and it was so new, I made so many amazing friends that were also bloggers.  But sadly, many of them quit blogging when Facebook arrived as well.  I miss them so much.  It was so fun to keep up with them and read their blogs as well.  It was fun while it lasted.  It was fun to read all the comments people would leave and track and see where people were from that read my blog.  And though I miss those days, I am also glad it is no longer that way because it was very time consuming. Maybe one of the best things blogging gave to me was when I won a year's worth of spa treatments by winning a contest and being named the
Sego Lily Blogger!  

Talk about a GREAT THING!  I was on TV, got about 30 FREE spa treatments and was pampered for an entire year because of that!  It was awesome!  You can read the post I wrote on this blog when I announced I had won HERE.  The Sego Lily Blog is still up and you can find many of posts I wrote HERE.  Just scroll down a bit and you will see them.  If you are interested in how I won and what that year was like, just search for Sego Lily Spa in my labels.  

Oh man!  That was one amazing year!  And all because I started this blog!

So many good things have come from this blog.  I am very grateful for it.  To celebrate I am going to make it my goal to get my first blog book published before the end of August.  I know it's going to be very time consuming, but it will be worth it.

A big thank you for those of you who read my blog!  I know I would do this even if no one else ever read it.  Right now my blog is mostly to preserve my family history and to record my life's moments.  So thanks for hanging with me!  

KEEP ON BLOGGING!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I never paid attention to how many post but just looked and I am also at 1000 ☺ Kind of funny huh? I don't think I have been blogging as long though and I am sure that I deleted my first few years after making them into a book. Pretty Cool though!

Jodi said...

Oh wow! What are the odds of us both being at 1000? I had NO idea until I just happened to glance over and I went, WHOA! I never keep track, but so glad I did notice! I also have a running blog that I have no idea how many posts are on that one.
I can't believe you deleted your blog posts! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT even if they were in a book? I would not be able to. My biggest fear is mine will disappear before I get them into a book! Just such a HUGE time commitment to actually do that! But I am going to !

Audrey said...

You are truly amazing! I'm so glad you share your thoughts and memories through blogging. I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails