Feel free to play along for some yummy fun! I will post a new one each Thursday night for those that are on a different time zone. JOIN IN!!!
Food 4 Thought Friday ~ This week's questions
How did you ring in the New Year this year?
We went to my in-laws house for a party. We ate lots of yummy food and then played some fun games. One was called Ticket to Ride and it was fun, but a thinker. Then we played Mad Gab and laughed until we cried. It was a fun game! We watched the ball drop with Dick Clark at midnight and then went and picked up Taylor from a party and I did a blog post and got to bed about 1:30 a.m. or so.
How did you spend the first day of the New Year 2009?
Do you set New Year Resolutions? If yes, what is one you set this year?
I used to every single year, but would get discouraged because I never seemed to actually accomplish them all. I have since decided that is better to set goals of self improvement ALL year and work on them bit by bit, line upon line. That way I feel better because there is no set date to achieve so many things all at once. Just a little here and there. By small things great things come to pass. To quote Joni Hilton, "Seeds are sown, quilts are stitched, babies are rocked, and all of it is done one seed, one stitch, one rock at a time. Repetition eventually gets us to the goal. Because we've been doing it in increments, all year every year." My religion urges constant introspection, constant course adjustments, and weekly repentance so we can take the sacrament and be washed clean all over again. Waiting until January 1 st to modify our actions sounds almost ludicrous, if not downright impossible."
What are your expectations for 2009?
Recipe for this Week (instead of your recipe for life - what is it for just this week?)
Life passes by quicky so always REMEMBER to Cherish Each Moment!
PLEASE PLAY !!!! Come on you know you want to!
Be sure and stop by the other's blogs who played along too!!!
1. The world is a beautiful place!
2. Thank you was the last thing I said. (to Dave for bringing me up some soup)
3. I wonder if I will feel up to going to the gym in the morning.
4. I want to be found worthy at the end of all things.
5. There's something to be said for being sick when you have someone to take care of you.
6. Right here at home is where I want to be.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to feeling better I hope!, going ice-skating with the boys and all their cousins, attending Taylor's basketball game, working in the kitchen for a friend's daughter's wedding reception, tomorrow my plans include not looking forward to telling Karen and fam good-bye (they are heading back to AZ), getting in a run if I am up to it, preparing some things for Young Women's for Sunday and Sunday, I want to not complain that our church block now starts so late!