Sunday, February 15, 2015

American Mothers Past Utah Mother's of the Year and Young Mother's of the Year

I have been involved with the wonderful organization American Mother's Inc. for almost 23 years now.  It was a huge part of my life as a young mother and it taught me so many things that I would have never learned had I not been a part of this amazing group.  The women I have been able to associate with through the years, have enriched and blessed my life more than words can say.

I started a local chapter here in my own community and then spent many years as a chapter President of that group. 10 years.  Yeah, I would say that would qualify as MANY years!  It was a lot of work, but it was my passion.  Our chapter here held a yearly mini conference that we called Summer Survival Camp for Mom and it was always a TON of work, but also a big hit in the community.  We usually had around 200 moms in attendance.  We also held monthly chapter meetings where we would meet to hear a speaker or share ideas or gather together for some much needed support from one another.  Sadly when I took over the job as the president of the state of Utah, my own chapter here wasn't sustained by the new president enough and it was too much for me to take back on once I was released as the state president due the passing of my son at that time and so it no longer exists.  I really beat myself up over that because I felt like it was also one of my children.  But, I also knew that my focus had to be solely on my family at that difficult time in our journey and I really feel it was out of my hands.  I do mourn the loss terribly still to this day though.  Motherhood is still my passion and I felt such a need to help other young mothers that were in the ranks as I was because as much as I do and always will love being a mother, there is NOTHING harder on the planet than being a great mom.  American Mothers (AMI) was so full of wonderful helps and amazing speakers and workshops and conventions and conferences, that were based solely on helping and supporting mothers everywhere.  I have no doubt is an inspired organization.   It is a national organization and completely non denominational and so it isn't based on any one religion, but it has a firm belief in God and supporting the moral values of society. 









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails