Saturday, February 7, 2015

HAPPY 6th BLOGIVERSARY!



Today is officially the 6th Blogiversary of Beacon of Hope!  I used to do a big contest for this occasion, but things have really changed for me as far as blogging goes.  When I first started this blog, blogging was huge and Facebook and Twitter and all those other social networking sights were not as big.  Blogging was my main social network. I loved the friends I met through this blog and all the great things I learned from reading other blogs.  Those first blogging posts were by far my best when I had more time to write.  I love to write and I love to record history and it became a medium for both of those things for me. Unfortunately, it really takes a lot of time!  I was just unable to contribute the amount of time it required to keep up on all the blogs I followed and my own.  I did love those days and I am grateful I had the experience, but for now I mostly blog for the sake of family history and to preserve the memories of my life and the life of my family.   

For fun, check out my VERY FIRST BLOGIVERSARY post here!   And here. <---That last link's post had over 106 comments!  Did I mention how blogging has changed for me?!  I had a lot of followers back then.  Blogging was so different then.  Now I feel lucky if I get even one comment!  Most of my bloggy friends have stopped blogging as well.  Like I said, it was fun while it lasted.  I wonder where this blog would have gone if I had not stopped posting so much.  After I won the Sego Lily Spa contest, this blog really suffered due to neglect because I had to post professionally on their blog and that consumed the time I had for this one.  There was a couple years where I pretty much stopped blogging completely.  I am glad I am back, although in a completely different way. I really do it for myself and if no one else ever reads this blog, I would still do it.  

However, I have received some awesome payback from this blog along the way. Because of this blog I was able to enjoy close to $4000 worth of spa treatments FREE!  I also taught many classes on blogging in the community and for my church, and I even had a very large write up on my blog in the Ogden Standard Examiner at one time.  You can check that out here.  So, all in all, blogging has been good to me. 
















If you're really bored, my third Blogiversary post is here.

I love blogging!  

KEEP CALM AND BLOG ON!


3 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

Happy Blogiversary! Blogging is still my favorite. I love reading your blog. It is always upbeat and encouraging.
You can print your blog, but would we ever print fb or twitter?

Jodi said...

Thanks Nancy! I love yours too!
Actually, I have printed my Facebook in a book. It's called Social Book and it's like a journal! I am trying to get my blogs printed too, but it's taking me awhile! Have you printed yours yet?

Jodi said...

Happy anniversary!! So happy to see you blogging again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails