Friday, August 29, 2008

Word Verification

I may be going out on a limb here, BUT...I have a teeny tiny request:

Can we all disable word verification?
Yes, I know it is there to keep spam comments from getting through, but I have been doing a little experiment and turned mine off about a month or so ago and I haven't received one spam comment. NOT ONE.

I really HATE to have to decipher those crazy, hard to read letters whenever I want to leave a comment on someone's blog. I get frustrated when I have to do it over because I didn't get it right the first time. It takes more time and sometimes I just decide to bag it and not leave a comment because it is such a pain.


Anyone else been having these same thoughts???

I've noticed that a lot of veteran bloggers whose blogs I visit often do not have it enabled either, which is what gave me the courage to try my little experiment. I get almost giddy when I go to leave a comment and I don't have to translate any letters!
If you are worried about spam then you can moderate your comments and catch it before it is published. To do that just sign into your blogger account and go into the comments setting and scroll until you find the comment moderator. Click on NEVER.
To turn it off, go to comments, scroll down to word verification and click on NO.
Just my two cents. Take it or leave it...




13 comments:

LarryG said...

aren't you lovely!

Dawn said...

You know what is funny? I thought I had mine disabled, but I checked and it wasn't. It is now! I don't like the word verification either. :-)

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

I will check and make sure I don't have it. I really dislike that too. I can't tell if it's an l or a 1. For you, and all the other people who don't like it, I'm going to make your day!:O) (Oh, I know I'm a template changing geek. It's like a huge wardrobe just waiting for me to try it on.)

Tina said...

I'll second that motion! :)
Great post!

Kelli said...

I turned mine off earlier today, we must be thinking the same thoughts. Oh and BTW, if I see a word verif I cant read. I just type anything so that the second try is usually easier. hehe

Yvonne said...

I get frustrated by the word verification thing, too.
I have to admit I have had a couple of spam comments.

LarryG said...

is that "word verification" wordle?
it's really cool either way

RoeH said...

Well...I checked it off. Only like others, I didn't know it was even on. (duh!) I hate it. Anyway...thanks and glad to oblige!
BTW....I'd do anything with that adorable picture of those cats on. Love it!

Jen said...

You know, I tried it for a while and then started getting junk. So I turned it back on. But I will try it again if you will put your comments in a pop up window so that I can remember what I was commenting on! It's just my brain lately!

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

I left you an award on my blog.:O)

Jodi said...

Hey Jen, if you click on at the top of this page on Show Original Post it will pop up so you can read the whole post right here. It's just as good as the pop up window, I think. Let me know what you think. If not, I will go to the pop up!

4funboys said...

ammmmmmmmmmen!! I hate those things. I took it off before... but when I changed my page- they came back.

I'll take them off again.

Ryan, Natalie and kids said...

I was searching for an lds print, and your blog showed up on my search. I just wanted to thank you for your picture on the side that has the quote from Elder Wirthlin's talk about "Come what may and love it." My friend lost her mother tragically two weeks ago and I heard this quote somewhere but couldn't find the exact wording. Finding that message again on your blog was an answer to prayer. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails