Monday, July 14, 2008

Just Married 50 Years Ago!!!














50 years ago!!!











Mom and Dad!!!



















We all survived the big open house for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary!!! It all came together (though I had my doubts during the planning!) and it turned out beautiful. They had an amazing turnout and it was a great way to celebrate 50 years together by seeing so many old friends and family that has meant so much to them through the years. They both looked great and we all had an enjoyable night! Congrats again Mom and Dad!!! You are both amazing! Here are a few thousand shots from the evening:



Click to enlarge

Finishing the cake...






















♥The top row is the table decorations. The candle on the right is actually purple. My Mom wanted purple for the colors....not ME, I promise! Though I certainly didn't object one bit! ♥The display...notice the book! It got here on time!!! Yea!!! ♥Doing last minute preparations ♥We served mini cheesecake squares, heavenly Eclairs from Dick's Bakery, strawberries and grapes and raspberry sherbet frappe'. ♥The boys (bottom right) playing cards while waiting for guests to arrive. Click to enlarge






















♥Skyler talking to my mom with his friend Jeremy. ♥My nieces and nephew testing out the refreshments to make sure they were acceptable. ♥My boys hanging out in the golf cart. The open house was held at a club house at a golf course. My Dad is an "avid" (shall we say?) golfer! In other words...it's his life! ♥My (mini-me) niece Paigely. click to enlarge





















A few family shots before the guests arrived. Actually they were waiting in line while we took these! click to enlarge





















♥They had a great turnout! ♥My bro being my bro! ♥Me and my Aunt Laurel. ♥The kitchen help that didn't know they were going to be kitchen help! Thanks Linda & fam! ♥Lots of guests. ♥Bryce harrassing his mom! ♥Dave and the boys hanging out. click to enlarge






















Playing in the golf carts. McKay had a great time driving it all over. We decorated one up with pop cans tied to the back, and a Just Married 5o Years Ago sign. click to...you should know by now!





















♥The boys going after more treats! ♥McKay enjoying yet another eclair. The food was yummy! ♥Me holding my cousin Tiff's baby Zoe. ♥My bro and Alli smooching. Sheesh even in public! Get a room! ♥Bryce chillin'. ♥McKay cruisin'. ♥Me chocolatin'! ♥My parent's cheesin'. clicky






















The cute couple sharing the cake! We HAD to re-inact that!























Taking off for their honeymoon...er, I mean back home.























Thanks Mom and Dad for a great family! Happy Anniversary!











Here's to 50 more!!!

And a big thanks to everyone who helped in ANY way with the open house!

We teased my mom and told her this was her anniversary present! I had to get a photo of her doing a model pose by it. :D She's a good sport! Lookin' good Mom!














Here's a couple short video glimpses of the night.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jodi, the party was absolutely a sucess, wonderful food and so nice to see all the friends and relatives. Mom and Dad looked great two. You go Girl!!! Love Aunt Sharon

Jen said...

Looks like a really fun reception, er I mean party! I'm glad it all turned out great! Your cake is fabulous! I still need to check out the book sometime...did you call on it? Good thing there were the golf carts there to keep everyone entertained! Congrats to your mom and dad!

RoeH said...

Wow....if I ever need a party done, I'm comin' your way. Looked wonderful and your parents look so great. Congrats to them.

Yvonne said...

What a great party. The cake is amazing--you did a beautiful job.

I bet your folks enjoyed every minute. They are a beautiful couple.

Unknown said...

Wow! I can't believe how beautiful everything looked. You are amazing. Your parents are so fortunate to have you. I'm so glad that everything turned out so nice.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful cake! You are SO talented girl! Is there anything you can't do? Your parents must be very proud of you! They look like they had a great time.

Lori

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Wow, you did an amazing job. The cake is so pretty. It looks like your parents are just as happy today as married 50 years ago. What a sweet family you have. What a wonderful day! Way to go, Jodi!:)

The Hoyt Family said...

Oh your cakes turned out so beautiful... What a great night..I'm so happy for your mom and Dad.. I think its sad that now a days in this generation we probably wont see as many 50 year anniversarys..Way to go for your mom and dad.. Hey I need your email for another matter could you please send it to me..
Thanks Jodi
Raigon

Jodi said...

Thank you all so much for your very sweet comments. I do have great parents and I am so grateful that I was able to do this for them! They have done so much for me through the years that I wish I could in some way pay them back...but they will always be ahead.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails