I was fed a free lunch, but too nervous to eat it.
I met a lot of people I didn't know
I met a lot of people I did know.
One of those I did know, made me even more nervous.
I stood up during the recitation of a group's guiding principles that were recited by everyone in the room with the exception of me and my husband.
I learned about a group in my community I previously didn't know anything about.
My husband and I were the only non group members in the room.
I was introduced by one of our friends to the entire group.
I sat at a head table.
I stood at a pulpit.
I had notes in my hand.
I gushed over something I love to do.
I was glad when it was over.
What was I doing? Did you guess it yet? If you guessed I attended an AA meeting...WRONG! And wrong again if you thought I was being inducted into some cult or strange religion. Nope. And DOUBLY wrong if you thought I was being made the official undercover double for Mrs. Cavanaugh at Mrs. Cavanaugh's Chocolate. Nope. None of those, though that last one does sound rather promising.
Here's just another little hint. I used words like:
On line journaling
If you guessed I spoke on blogging at the:
Then you were right! (with hints like those how could you not be!)☺
Yes, I spoke on BLOGGING to the Rotary Club. Yes, yes, I too was surprised that the Rotary Club would have ANY interest in that subject as well. But, I was asked and I accepted. First the Woman's Forum, now the Rotary Club. What's next, the state penitentiary? I made it very clear I was NO expert on the subject... just a self taught, previously techno retarded woman who loves to journal, write, and take lots of pictures. Blogging just happens to be the perfect medium for all three! Not to mention it's a great way to stay connected and meet new friends from all over the world!
It was actually quite fun because I had never attended one of their meetings before and always wondered what they did. I learned they are primarily a service based organization. The members are all oustanding citizens of our community. I was impressed when they all stood up and recited the club's guiding principles which are:
Sounds like something that we could all incorporate into our lives doesn't it? I thought it applied to very well to BLOGGING also.
Dave was being the self appointed Mr. Photographer today.
Not sure why he took this one of me getting ready....other than I woke up with a zit the size of Mars and so I wouldn't look at the camera! (Of course after trying to fix the zit, it ended up the size of Jupiter! Why does that always happen when a bunch of people are going to be starring at you?)
He did get this one as I was heading out...
No, I am not saying a prayer (though it probably wouldn't hurt!) and I don't generally speak with my eyes closed (unless I am being distracted by a photographer named Dave!)
Who knows? Maybe some of them will actually start their own blog! I would be so impressed!
Kinda silly, but still fun!
My result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else?
You Are a Katharine!
You are a Katharine
Many of these fit me to a tee ~ but a few are way off.
"I am happy and open to new things"
Katharines are energetic, lively, and optimistic. They want to contribute to the world.
How to Get Along with Me
- * Give me companionship, affection, and freedom.
- * Engage with me in stimulating conversation and laughter.
- * Appreciate my grand visions and listen to my stories.
- * Don't try to change my style. Accept me the way I am.
- * Be responsible for youself. I dislike clingy or needy people.
- * Don't tell me what to do.
What I Like About Being a Katharine
- * being optimistic and not letting life's troubles get me down
- * being spontaneous and free-spirited
- * being outspoken and outrageous. It's part of the fun.
- * being generous and trying to make the world a better place
- * having the guts to take risks and to try exciting adventures
- * having such varied interests and abilities
What's Hard About Being a Katharine
- * not having enough time to do all the things I want
- * not completing things I start
- * not being able to profit from the benefits that come from specializing; not making a commitment to a career
- * having a tendency to be ungrounded; getting lost in plans or fantasies
Katharines as Children Often
- * are action oriented and adventuresome
- * drum up excitement
- * prefer being with other children to being alone
- * finesse their way around adults
- * dream of the freedom they'll have when they grow up
Katharines as Parents
- * are often enthusiastic and generous
- * want their children to be exposed to many adventures in life
- * may be too busy with their own activities to be attentive
Which Cullen are you?
You are thoughtful and care very deeply for your family. A loving home is of great
importance to you and you always try to make people feel welcome. Although you have a great capacity to love, you also have a great capacity to hurt, so at times you can be
sensitive. You're firm when you need to be, but people trust your judgment and
appreciate the kind way you always handle things.
Take the Quiz and Share Your Results!