1. Do you live for the start of college football? Professional football? Does anyone in your house? Do you know anyone who does?
Ummm....YES! I live in a house with ALL males so what else would you expect? The countdown to the NFL season has been going on for months now! I personally do not "live" for it, (not even close!) but I do really enjoy watching all my boys play football. The very first season of little league football, I cringed when they played because it sounded so rough when they would hit! But I have gotten over that and now really love to watch the games. I miss it when the season is over. I still have a lot to learn about all the rules and names of stuff, but I am getting better. I have three playing right now, so I SHOULD be learning fast. Kind of a bummer for my youngest because he just broke his hand in practice this week and now is out of the games until it heals, which may be the rest of the season.
2. Did you go to college? If so, what was your mascot? Was/Is that your favorite team? If not, what was/is your favorite college team?
I attended Weber State University and Dixie College. WSU mascot was a Wildcat and Dixie's was a Rebel. My favorite team is whatever team my boys are playing on! WSU colors are PURPLE (which had nothing to do with why I went there!) and so are my boys teams! Yea Purple Power!
3. Have you ever embarrassed yourself at a sporting event? Have you seen someone else embarrass themselves at a sporting event?
I have seen some drunken people at the Jazz games and at a few football games. The fans can get pretty out of control at my son's hockey games at times too.
My own embarrassing moment would probably be when I was the majorette at WSU and also twirling on the rifle team. During a football halftime performance I did a routine with the rifle team and then it was time for my majorette number. I had my majorette costume on underneath my rifle uniform but due to time constraints I had to remove my rifle uniform (it was a white blouse with a vest and a longer skirt) right there on the edge of the field in front of the audience. I tried to be very indiscreet and quick as possible, but I was getting all kinds of whistles and cat calls etc. I was so embarrassed! Maybe I should of just hammed it up!
4. What is your favorite spectator sport (the one you love to watch live)? Probably basketball...go Jazz! My all time fave to watch is ice-skating.
5. Do you have a sports hero? If so, what makes them special?
I think my hero right now would be my son Bryce. He loves football and is really good at it because he is so fast and plays smart. He played little league for two years but didn't even try out in high school because he thought he would be too small. He is tall just real thin. This year a friend on the team talked him into trying it this summer because they had some players quit. The team had already been practicing for months, but he did anyway as a senior. That took courage in itself. But since he is a senior and a first year player and started really late, he mostly gets to play JV and doesn't get much Varsity time. He has put in so many hours of practice (sometimes 8 hours a day in the summer) and then weight training on top of that. He has stuck it out even though I know there have been times he would prefer to quit when all the time and effort doesn't seem worth it, but he has kept with it. He has done so well and I have been so proud of him. He has regrets he didn't play sooner so he would have more seniority, but he won't let that get him down. I am just so proud of him and his attitude. It was all worth it I hope when he scored a touchdown at this week's JV game. He's a great kid!
We were able to meet Steve Young and get some photos and a couple of football's signed by him a few years ago. That was pretty cool for my boys (and me!) He was very nice and friendly.
6. What's the most memorable sporting event you have ever watched on television? Watched live? I was able to attend the 2002 Olympics when they were here. I went to a hockey game and my boys also got to go to one too. That was amazing! One of the greatest football games I watched was when I was in high school and our team was behind by a ton and we miraculously came back and won it in the last minute of the game. Most of the spectators had already left thinking it was a lost cause. It truly was a miracle game.
7. If you have kids or grandkids, do they play sports?
Holy cow, yes! I birthed my own basketball team!!! Between them all they have played football, soccer, baseball, hockey, basketball, golf, tennis, and whatever else I have forgot! Going and watching them play is one of my favorite things to do.
To join in on the fun go HERE