Monday, September 8, 2008

Quirky Tag

I have been tagged for this meme a couple of times so I guess I better get on it! Jen tagged me the last time.















The Rules:*Link the Person who Tagged you.
*Mention rules on your blog.
*Tell about 6 quirks of yours.
*Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same.
*Leave a comment to let them know.

Life's QUIRKS!


Here's SIX of mine!

I can't stand to touch raw meat.It makes me sick to even think about it. I make meatloaf a lot because my boys love it but I have to wear surgical gloves when I make it. If I am cooking any other kind of meat I have to pick it up with a fork or something else. Ew! It just turns my stomach.

I have to have all my canned goods with the labels facing front.
It drives me crazy if my pantry food isn't organized. The labels on the cans have to all be facing the same way. When someone messes with them, I have to immediately fix them. I like my pantry to look like a store shelf. I used to work at a little grocery store and when we weren't busy it was my job to "face the labels". I loved doing that! Guess it stuck. If I am at someone else's house, I have an urge to go and face all theirs the same way too. I want everything orderly, though it is a rare day if it ever always is around here.
I cover the toilet seat with TP no matter what bathroom I use.Guess this stuck from when my Mom taught me to do that when I was a little girl. I even will occasionally do it at home. If you lived as the only female in a house full of males...trust me, you would at times too!
If I am barefoot on a bathroom or public floor, I curl my toes.Not sure why but I automatically do this. I guess I think it protects my feet somehow from stepping on the floor. Especially swimming pool bathrooms etc. If I can't wear shoes then I curl them. I also have to wear socks to bed if I am not sleeping in my own bed.
I can't throw out the newspaper until I have read it.If I don't have time to read the paper, I will save it until I do. I will have a huge stack sometimes before I get to them. Then of course I just page turn as fast as I can to make sure I didn't miss something important. If the stack gets too high (like during Christmas), I have to force myself to just chuck them all.



I like to pick at things.

I love to pick scabs, zits, peeling skin from a sunburn, etc. If my babies had cradle cap, I would pick at it for hours. I couldn't stand to have any left on their scalp. I also like to get a toothpick and just dig in the grooves of the stove or other appliances to get out the junk. If there is something stuck on the counter-top or table, I will go at it until it's off.


When I was pregnant with McKay I ate dry raw oatmeal and dry Minute Rice by the cupful.
Pretty bizarre I know! I had a craving for both and I would indulge myself in them. It went away immediately after I delivered him. Weird! Oops, that's seven! That's another one of my quirks....I always tend to over do it!

I tag Dawn , Yvonne, Audrey, 4FunBoys , Kelli, Nancy Face
QUIRK ON!!!

8 comments:

Kelli said...

email me your email address. Kelli allknames@gmail.com

4funboys said...

sounds fun!!!!

when I get a minute... or, two or three... I'll do it!!!

tp on your own seats... really???
ha.

Audrey said...

Thanks for the tag! I was just hoping someone would ask me to share all of my quirks! :D

Yvonne said...

Those are funny--I'll gross you out, but when I was young I used to eat raw hamburger. (Don't ask me how I did it, but I loved it. Can't even imagine eating it today!!!)

I'm not sure when I'll get to the tag--life is crazy with Seminary and getting ready for the cruise, but I'll try.

LarryG said...

that gave me a chuckle...
we all have quirks ...
doncha know!

Jodi said...

Yes that does gross me out Yvonne! Can't wait to hear about your "other" quirks....lol!

No rush....y'all. Ask Jen how long it took me to finally get to it!!!

Kami said...

Ha, that's so funny that you face your shelves! I thought I was the only wierd one. How can you not do it after working in a store?? It just looks so much neater. I don't even care that my family is the only one to see it. I love it!

Kelsee said...

I have to sleep with socks on too! Drives my husband insane though. lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails