Wednesday, March 5, 2008

First Place WOW!!!!

If I Were Dr. Seuss...
My 5th grader came home from school with a bunch of prizes in his hands. When I inquired what they were for, he said at school they announced (yelled) his name over the intercom as the FIRST place winner out of his entire school in the Dr. Seuss writing contest titled "If I Were Dr. Seuss" that he entered last week. Hmm...maybe that Grinch obsession is finally paying off! Did I not say we love Dr. Seuss at our house? Guess it starts to rub off eventually! His poem is posted below. And even though he totally made up the word Moolyboose, he says nobody knows what one is, including himself! Congrats buddy! I'll make ya green eggs and ham for dinner tonight to celebrate! Or Sam I AM ~ I am not!

9 comments:

Doran & Jody said...

Great job and high 5's McKster!!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Congratulations! He's so cute. And that poem totally rocks! Way to go.

Chelsea said...

How fun!

Jen said...

No one deserved it more! That poem is awesome! What a talent!

Arkerchi said...

cool poemand definitely deserve the prize. By the way, i sent an email to u regarding the adding the labels to the sidebar :)

Unknown said...

That is wonderful! What a creative talent your son is. I mean, that was actually very good! How'd the green eggs and ham go as a reward?

I emailed the code to the LDSBlogs webring last night. As soon as you get that on your blog you'll be good to go.

Mel said...

That's an awesome poem! Way to go!!

Jodi said...

Thanks for the code Candace. As for your inquiry about he green eggs and ham - they were a semi-success. I didn't get the eggs scrambled completely before I added the food coloring and so they look a little...um...blue, yellowish, greenish! Yum! I took a photo so I will post it when have time! But still mighty tasty! And that's ALL that matters anyway right?

Elizabeth said...

Holy moly! That was awesome! Talent-pure talent!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails