Friday, August 16, 2013

Your Favorite Comfort Foods and Why~Day #4


Blog Challenge - Day 4
~Your Favorite Comfort Foods and Why~

Anyone that knows anything about me, knows that my #1 comfort food is CHOCOLATE!  It can turn a bad day into a wonderful one, a bad moment into bliss!  I have to admit I did try and go off it once.  It was HARD!  Longest six hours of my life!  I do LOVE my chocolate!  I don't really consider myself a chocolate snob and I accept pretty much all chocolate equally without judgment or racism... unless it's dark, cheap, or has an inferior inside.  By that I mean the many nasty fillings they can put inside various chocolates that make you wanna spit it as far across the room as you can!  But I still don't consider myself a chocolate racist, even though the only dark kind of chocolate that I tolerate is Dove.  I have also discovered these tasty little morsels from Costco that have me swinging from the vines whenever I get my hands (and mouth) on them.  They are however DARK chocolate, but whatever they are doing to make that delectable combo of coconut, almonds, and dark chocolate into those tasty little bites is working well for me.  They don't last around  my house very long.  Mainly because everyone in my family is as addicted to them as I am!  YUM!

But I am just as happy with an old boring plain and simple Hershey Bar!  I LOVE those things and they somehow can always make me happy.  The normal size one though.  I don't love the minis or the extra large ones.  They just don't do it for me.  I also absolutely love mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. There really is not a lot of chocolate out there that I don't adore. 

Here are my top 10 faves: (in no particular order because that would totally depend on my mood for the day!)
  • Hershey Bar (sometimes with almonds- sometimes not)
  • Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (mini style)
  • Dove milk chocolate
  • Hershey's Kisses with almonds
  • Violet Crumble (seafoam covered in chocolate in all it's glory and near impossible to find!)
  • Twix (especially my homemade ones)
  • Peanut M&M's
  • Kit Kats
  • Milk Chocolate Oranges
  • See's Candy Milk Chocolate Bordeaux   
 






But there is more to life than just the food of the Gods (chocolate) and so I have quite a few other comfort foods as well that are totally unrelated.  I'll name just a few...(hundred!)  I LOVE food and I LOVE to eat!









Mashed potatoes and gravy
Black Licorice Ice Cream (sounds awful, but soooo delish!)
Chocolate Creamies
Soup (potato and cheese)
Lasagna with garlic bread
Spaghetti Factory's spaghetti with browned butter and mizithra cheese
Good old fashioned stew
German pancakes with Orange Sauce
Beef Stroganoff
Meat loaf
Chocolate pudding cake with whipped cream


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails