Saturday, August 17, 2013

Your Views On Religion~ Day #5


Blog Challenge - Day 5
~Your Views On Religion~


I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints...also known as the Mormons.  As a religious group, we have been often thought of as strange or weird due to so many rumors that have been going around for eons. 

No, we do not practice polygamy.  It was banned hundreds of years ago.  


No, we don't have horns.  Where did that come from anyway?

No, we don't force our women to be submissive.  Quite the opposite in fact.  The women in our church have more responsibility and freedom than in any other religion I've ever seen. 

Yes, we believe in Jesus Christ.  He is the core of our religion.  Everything centers on Christ.

Yes, we do believe in living Prophets.  We are led and directed by them to help guide us in today's evil world.

Yes, we do believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly.

Our religion is well known for it's charity work across the globe.  We believe strongly in helping others who are in need no matter what their religious views are.  I am so grateful I was born in to this church because it has blessed me in so many ways and continues to each day.  

There is so much misinformation about our beliefs.  If you are interested in finding out the truth of what we believe go to mormon.org and search for what ever it is you are seeking.    We have a force of 75,000 missionaries out right now sharing our message with the world.  In fact, one of my own sons is among them.  He is preaching in Brazil.  If you are interested in checking out his missionary website where I post his letters and photos, then go here. I am so proud of my boy and the sacrifice he has made to share this gospel that is so precious to us with those who haven't had the opportunity to find it yet.

As for my own personal testimony...I believe that Christ lived and died for each us.  I believe He now lives again.  I believe the atonement that He so willing submitted to was due to His love for our Heavenly Father and for each one of us personally.  I do not think that there is anything any of us can do to destroy that love He has for us.  I truly deeply and honestly believe that in my core.  I know He will love us even if we screw up royally.  He loves us so much that He wants us to return and live with Him again and so He made the atonement possible so that each one of us can do just that.  No. Matter. What.  I believe in an afterlife where we will live for the rest of eternity and while there we can continue to become perfected in Christ.  I believe that we will be reunited with our family members and all those we have loved while living down here on earth.  I believe that we have been given temples on this earth so we can be sealed to our loved ones not only while living here but when we pass on.  I know that families can be together forever.  I lost one of my five sons almost eight years ago when he was 17 years old and I feel this deep in my soul.  I KNOW I will be with him again and I KNOW I will be able to be together with him throughout the eternities because of the sealing power of the gospel.  I am most grateful for this knowledge above any other that I have.  I do not understand how people that don't have this knowledge can even survive this earth life when they lose someone dear and precious to them. I am so grateful for this knowledge.  I also have a deep testimony of the Book of Mormon.  I know that it was given to us to teach us and to help us to become better people.  I love having it a part of our scriptures along with the Bible.  I know that God wants us to be happy and he has provided a way for us to be.  He has given us commandments that if we will follow and obey, we will be happy.   I am so far from perfect and that is the very reason that I feel so strongly about the gospel. We don't have to be perfect!  We aren't supposed to become perfect in this short lifetime.  We have all of eternity to master that.  Thank goodness!  Whew, what a relief! 

In summary, the gospel of Jesus Christ is my whole life.  Everything I do, every decision I make is centered around living the gospel.  It is my core.  I truly love this gospel and I love my Savior and Father in Heaven so much for their love for me and for their patience.  I wish everyone on this planet could feel the joy I have because of this gospel.  It is life changing and brings happiness. Not surface happiness, but the deep core kind of happiness.  The stuff that everyone is seeking but can't seem to find.  I have found it!  And if you want it, you can to!  

Check out this website here.   

Click on the video below for a beautiful calming peaceful taste of hope.


2 comments:

Audrey said...

WOW Jodi! What a beautiful and heartfelt testimony. I feel exactly the same way you do but lack the ability to state it as beautifully as you.
Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this! This is exactly why you should continue blogging. The world needs your voice!

Jodi said...

Thank YOU for inspiring me to get back on the bandwagon! I have missed it so much!
And thank you for your sweet and very kind words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails