Monday, October 21, 2013

What Are Some of Your Favorite Holiday Traditions? ~ Day 14

I LOVE traditions!  I have been referred to as the "Tradition Queen" many times and that is a title I love!  I just know that traditions are one of the most important parts of creating  family closeness and they are really what brings families together.  That is the main reason why they are so great, but I also just plain and simply ENJOY making and carrying out traditions.  It's in my blood.  It's part of me.  I tend to over-do some of them, but that's also who I am.  Those who know me well, know that when I do something, I sometimes go overboard, but I like going overboard and so as long as I feel I have the energy, I will keep doing it.

Birthdays - big deal!  Cakes, parties, dinners, presents
New Years -  family party - niece bday at midnight - food
VDday - heart shaped food colored pink, red, and purple
St. Pats - green food full spread - leprechaun colors milk green
Easter - baskets I made - throw candy on floor
4th of July - cabin - lava - fireworks in town
24th of July - nothing now - used to be parade
Back to School Dinner - lunch lady - yucky dinner on lunch trays - chalkboard tablecloth
Halloween - two dinners- one traditional Halloween scary menu  - other one on Halloween night with scary food and soup in bread bowls
Thanksgiving - take turns saying what we thankful for
Christmas - TONS!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails