Sunday, October 13, 2013

What Do You Like/Dislike About Your Body? ~ Day 11


There are a lot of things I like about my body and a lot of things I dislike about my body.   I think for most of us, especially women, it is always much easier to focus on the things we don't like about our bodies, because we are constantly bombarded with images of the perfect body in the media.


I have learned that my body is a precious gift given to me from a loving Heavenly Father and that I need to be grateful for this amazingly complex but wonderful body!   Whenever I start to get down about the imperfections of my body, I remind myself that it has carried me through a lot of tough times.  It has been through six pregnancies, given birth to five children, countless miles of running, including two full marathons and 10 half marathons so far, minor surgeries, cuts, scrapes, bruises, broken bones, and a whole list of other minor abuses, but... it has held up quite well for me and I am so grateful I have been blessed with something so amazing that can go through so much and still keep on functioning all while taking me through life.  


I have been so fortunate to have been blessed with great health and I do not take that for granted.  I know so many people that suffer in pain every single day of their lives and I know I am blessed that I don't.  Each and every day I am grateful for the blessing of a body that is healthy and full of energy and that gets me through the day with only minor aches and pains.  I know that is really a rare occurrence and I have so much gratitude for that incredible gift.

  
Because of this, I try really hard to not complain about it's imperfections.  It would be very easy to do that, but when I keep it all in perspective and realize that no one has a perfect body, contrary to what the media tries to make us believe, then I am perfectly happy with the one I have been given.   I feel like I would be very ungrateful if I focused on those things I don't like about it and so instead I try to focus on the good because just having a body is such a miraculous thing.


No, I don't always treat it as well as it deserves, but I do try and take good care of it.  I just can't imagine how hard life would be if I couldn't get up and go for a run each day or be able to do all the things I do each and every day that I tend to take for granted.  Our bodies are miraculous and I feel so grateful for this amazing gift!

 


Love your body!

Here is a great article to check out if you have time! You will love it as much as I did, I'm sure! =)   




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails