This should be an easy one for me considering I own about 20 brazillion cookbooks (three of which I published myself) and have another brazillion recipes pinned on Pinterest, and I have a degree in Food and Nutrition.
And that is precisely why. Because I DO love to cook and bake so MANY things, how am I supposed to narrow it down?
I prefer baking to cooking. Mainly because I "have" to cook but baking is a bonus. I love sweets and so I tend to gravitate to enjoying baking more. I used to enjoy cooking much more before it became something that I had to do several times a day to keep a family of five growing boys fed and full. I am very lucky that Dave enjoys cooking and he is very good at it. He really makes a lot of yummy things. He can make better gravy than me any day of the week and he is really good at making steak and ribs taste like a pro chef made them. And he makes one killer of a tossed salad. There is really nothing that he cooks that isn't delish. And of course, I always enjoy my food more if I didn't have to make it! So I am one happy camper when he decides to cook.
The things I cook the most are:
- Lasagna (I enjoy eating this A LOT even though it's a pain to make)
- Soups - all kinds!
- Casseroles - my faves usually involve some kind of chicken.
- Roast and Pork Chops cooked with veggies.
- Beef Stroganoff
- Spaghetti with all the trimmings
- Crepes and German pancakes
- My Wok dinner. I've had this recipe since college and I rarely share it, it's kind of a secret, but it is to die for.
- Anything in the crock pot. My crock pot is my best friend! I LOVE being able to throw something in it in the morning and let it do all the work for me. I have a pizza recipe for it that is delish! My favorite thing is Crock Pot Steak and Gravy. I also bake in my crock pot. Chocolate Pudding Cake is so divine! I also like to get creative throwing things in as I go along and it's always yummy.
- Special occasion things...showers, birthdays, parties, etc.
- Holiday tradition dinners! I love doing special meals on Valentines
Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Back to School, and Halloween!
- New recipes - I probably try at least one new recipe a week. I kind of need to with so many cookbooks and pins!
There's a lot more, but I'm getting hungry thinking of all these delicious foods, so I'll stop.
As far as what I like to bake ( and I REALLY love to bake)...pretty much ANYTHING!
Mostly bread and DESSERTS!
I bake a lot! Especially when it gets cold out!
I also make wedding cakes but only if I REALLY REALLY REALLY love you!
Last, but not least, my most favorite thing of all to make is:
R E S E R V A T I O N S!!!
Just a few of my many wedding cakes I've baked and decorated over the years.
(tap or click)
This wasn't a real wedding cake, but a cake I made for a Young Women's meeting on marriage...