Thursday, October 3, 2013

How Do You Like To Relax? ~ Day 3



Day 3 Challenge 
How Do You Like To Relax? 

My favorite way to relax would have to be a day at the spa.  I was so spoiled when I won the Sego Lily Blog Contest (post here) with two spa days a month!  I mean I was REALLY spoiled!  I haven't had a massage since.  And that is sad. Just sad.  Waaaa......waaaa.......  

Oh wait I lied.  I did get one about an hour after I finished my first marathon.  But that is a little different.  It's not quite as relaxing with dozens of other marathoners all waiting in line who smell mmm...mmm...mmm...just wonderful (as you can imagine after running 26.2 miles) for someone to help get them out of pain. And then getting the massage in the open, surrounded by a sea of others getting massaged at the same time.  Not the most relaxing way to get a massage by any means.  But I'll take it anyway I can get it!
 
(I got the guy with the long blonde hair)

There is really nothing like going into a spa and having someone give you an incredible massage in a dimly lit room while meditation music is playing in the background and yummy scents are everywhere.  Oh how I miss it!
A little trip down memory lane... 

 Oh man!  The VICHEY Shower!  My all time favorite!!
 Pedicures!  I LOVE pedicures!
 

The Rocky Mountain Stone Massage! 

This one rocked!
 

The waterfall wall.  Loved that sound.


A great place to chillax
Oh man...  I really miss this!
 
Serious withdrawals!!!
If you want to see how spoiled I got to be for that year, you can check out the blog I did for Sego Lily HERE

Thanks 30 Day Blog Challenge for putting me into withdrawals!  If I could afford it, I'd have my own personal masseuse! But since that's not gonna be happening anytime soon, I will have to settle for the regular ways that I relax which are:
  • Petting my cat
  • My cat purring
  • Going to the cabin in Alpine WY
  • Running 
  • Being outside in nature
  • A hot sudsy bath with scented candles
  • Certain music
  • Eating anything chocolate!
  • Going to the movies
  • Sitting in front of my fire place when it's chilly out
  • Baking something yummy
  • Reading a good book after all my work is done
  • When every room in my house is clean (ah - love that feeling) 
  • Sunday afternoons
  • Foot rubs!
  • Going out with friends
  • Playing board games 
  • Watching an old movie
  • Rainstorms
  • Thunder 
  • Being near animals
  • Scented candles
  • Smelling something yummy baking
  • Fish in an aquarium
  • Hot cocoa on a cold night 
  • My soft robe
  • Watching the stars on a warm summer night
  • My really soft blankets
  • Lavender
  • Hot showers when I'm not in a rush
  • Prayer
  • Silence
  • Shopping
  • Watching the sun rise
  • Friends
  • Organizing
  • Comfort food
  • Completing a big project
  • The sound of a stream
  • And many more...
  • Soaking up the sun on a tropical beach
  • Listening to waves crash - just the ocean period
  • And many more...
I think I got a little carried away! 

If we humans wanted to learn the art of relaxing, we just need to observe animals. They have it mastered!


Yea, sometimes they do that to me too!


They can chill anywhere!  My cat even sleeps in the garbage can in our office sometimes!


Just watching them relax, relaxes me!  ;)


Ah... relaxing.  I think I need to go do that right now!  Tchau!





2 comments:

Audrey said...

WOW girl! You do know how to relax! I think I need to take some lessons from you!

Jodi said...

I think I just need to do it a little more often! haha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails